ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

We waited too long for RC... cancelled EEA2 application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MargleTheWorld
Newly Registered

We waited too long for RC... cancelled EEA2 application

Post by MargleTheWorld » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:50 am

We came to England with the intention of living in London and travelling the rest of Europe. We haven't travelled at all because the agency that we're working through advised us to not request our passports back.

Our first application was rejected because we didn't include original payslips and invoices. Which, we think, should have been picked up by our agency!

We've now come to the point, more than a year later, where we're ready to leave. We've cancelled our EEA2 application and now we're waiting for our passports to be returned.

Does anyone know how we could get our passports back in time for our flight home on the 16th of April? It seems like we're talking to a black box and it's incredibly stressful to be held prisoner here.

sierra
- thin ice -

Re: We waited too long for RC... cancelled EEA2 application

Post by sierra » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:57 am

hi you did mistake asking passport is possible without withdrawal of application. I requested passport back though it took some time to receive the passport I have to request twice . disadvantage I received residence card on a4 ISD . total time to decide my application was about 2 months .
NOW YOU SEND THEM REQUEST AGAIN IF YOU DONT RECEIVE PASSPORTS BACK SOON USUALY SATUREDAY AND FRIDAYS I HAD MAIL FROM HOME OFFICE.

el patron
Member of Standing

Post by el patron » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:26 pm

Indeed, agency have not given you good advice. You should simply just have requested back the passport and let the application take its course as requesting passport to be returned does not cancel an EEA application.

MargleTheWorld
Newly Registered

Post by MargleTheWorld » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:16 pm

We're not really concerned about having the EEA2 run it's course... We're moving to Germany, we just want to leave, but we can't do so without a passport.

Is there an emergency procedure that you can use to receive your passport quickly?

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:45 pm

MargleTheWorld wrote:We're not really concerned about having the EEA2 run it's course... We're moving to Germany, we just want to leave, but we can't do so without a passport.

Is there an emergency procedure that you can use to receive your passport quickly?
you have to send them request again with note that you need passport in emergency for travel purpose and you have booked the tickets .as application has been withdrawn so hopefully you get the documents back soon wait a few days .
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>