ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Little Gaps Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Montanaaa
Newly Registered

Little Gaps Query

Post by Montanaaa » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:37 pm

Hey, i submitted my application for naturalization on the 1st, since then iv been thinking, let me explain my current situation so its easy for you to understand.

I do not have a passport, iv had ILR for since 2004, been in the country since 1996. For my application i had to provide information that i have been in the UK for the last 5 years. I provided two documents in my application. A university letter which covered which covered 3 years and a JSA letter which has covered periods in the last two years. So for the majority of the last 5 years iv been covered.

In the last two years, theres 3 little gaps.

1. 22/05/2012 - 11/08/2012 - during this gap i finished university and was looking for work, until i decided to sign on in august. roughly 3 months gap

2. 16/06/2013 - 26/06/2013 - This gap, i signed off(16th) and signed back on again on the 26th because i wanted a new adviser. (thats the only way you can change) one week gap

3. 10/11/2013 - 18/12/2013 - I signed off because i was planning to move to manchester from london, that fell through, so i had to go back to london and sign back on. so roughly one month gap

So as you can see here, theres three gaps, which i cant provide proof for, i have no passport, so i definitely did not travel. My question is, do you think this will be an issue? Or is it something minor?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Little Gaps Query

Post by Jambo » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:53 pm

Not an issue. Even if you would have spent those gaps abroad you would still be under the allowed absences (450 days in 5 years).
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Montanaaa
Newly Registered

Re: Little Gaps Query

Post by Montanaaa » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:29 pm

Jambo wrote:Not an issue. Even if you would have spent those gaps abroad you would still be under the allowed absences (450 days in 5 years).
Thank you! now i can relax, was a little worried.