ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to send docs

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

salman83

How to send docs

Post by salman83 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:42 am

Hi,

I need to apply for naturalization at the end of this month. How do I send my application means postal or NCS.

Which one is the fastest way to process the application.

Regards.

runie80
Member of Standing

Re: How to send docs

Post by runie80 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:20 am

You can send it both ways.

NCS
You will have to book appointment .some times booking takes time
It costs money you have to check your local authority for costs
You will get Original documents back as they keep the application form with a photo and the rest of the documents they photocopy.

Postal advantages
You will not have to argue with NCS people about anything. <there have been instances where NCS people have been a bit fussy>
every NCS has different rules and sometimes they are not aware of 100% legislation in slightly complex cases
You can send any amount of documents. as NCS people don't take all the evidence which u deem necessary they will just go through their checklist.
Quick application as no appointment is required.

in terms of processing speed i dont think one form has advantage over other.
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:52 am

I would recommend using NCS. They do charge you some money but you get to keep originals which is a massive plus point. I have seen a number of posts on the forum where HO did not return all the documents or lost them. Also it is another set of eyes to make sure everything is in order.
your choice though.

salman83

Post by salman83 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:12 pm

Can I use another council for NCS besides the one where i am currently living. But for ceremony, I am using my local council where i am currently living.

Is that OK?

Thanks again.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:17 pm

You can use any NCS you want.
I am sometimes wrong.

salman83

Post by salman83 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:25 pm

What about ceremony

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:49 pm

salman83 wrote:What about ceremony
Home Office will decide the council for your ceremony on the basis of your current address.
If you want to change it then there is a rather long and time consuming process to request a change once you have received a ceremony invitation after your approval.