ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Information on Re-Issue of Indian Passport

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi,

I am currently located in London on a dependent visa. My Indian Passport is going to expire on October 2014. Can someone please tell where can I get the application form to download and the list of documents I need to arrange to apply for the Re-issue of the passport which is going to expire.

Your valuable information will be helpful.

Regards,

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:20 pm

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:00 pm

Thanks a lot,

Can u pls tell me if I need to provide the address proof for my permanent address in India or if the UK address proof is sufficient to apply for the re issue of Indian passport from London.

Regards,

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:46 pm

Did the form ask for the address proof ?

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:32 pm

The form does not say about any documents that need to be provided along with the application. But I read some blog stating that they had to give the address proof in India. Hence I wanted to know if there any link that you know which will provide the document list for submission

Regards,

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:38 pm

This is what is needed for the passport:-

Re-issue of Passport on expiry or up to one year before expiry (having a valid Visa)

A new Passport can be issued on the expiry, or up to one year before expiry of any Passport which had an initial validity of 10 years.
Requirements

Application form completely filled in and signed.

4 (four) Passport size (35 mm x 45 mm) identical photographs showing frontal view of full face with white background.

The current or recently expired Passport having valid Visa or Residence Permit is required to be enclosed along with photocopies of detail pages and Visa. In case the latest Passport is additional booklet(s) issued to the original Passport, the additional booklet(s) plus the original Passport must be furnished.

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:41 pm

the details u provided me is really helpful.

Thank u very much for the help.

Regards,

kalmefrnd

Re issue of Indian passport

Post by kalmefrnd » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:39 pm

Hi,

I am going to apply for the re issue of Indian passport in person. But I could not find any details on how to collect the new passport.

Could anyone please tell me on what is the procedure to collect the passport and where.

Thank u very much for the help.

Regards,
Deepa

laxmipathi

Re: Information on Re-Issue of Indian Passport

Post by laxmipathi » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:31 pm

Here is the info for list of documents required for re-issue of passport..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/other- ... 60807.html

We need attach self addressed envelope to get our new passport delivered to our address..

See the General Note section from this link https://www.hcilondon.in/passport.html

"For passport application submitted after 10.02.2014, applicants are advised to enclose a pre-paid (Recorded Delivery/Special Delivery) self-addressed good quality envelope so that the new passports can be delivered to the applicants at the UK address provided by them."