ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent to Teir 2 Sponsored

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anish_balu
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Dependent to Teir 2 Sponsored

Post by anish_balu » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:06 pm

Hi,
I am currently working in UK with a ICT Tier 2 LT Visa (taken in June2013) , which is expiring in July2014 and my Employer is not ready to sponser an extension of it.
I am getting married in June2014 and my to be wife would be travelling to UK for an IT work with Tier 2 ICT ST Visa in around July 2014. After she comes I will be applying for a dependnt visa and come to UK in around Sept2014 (assuming the process takes about 1.5 monhts). I have two questions here.
1. I believe I can come here as her dependent after July 2014 (without any cooling period). Can I work here as a permanent employee if I would have a dependent Visa, only with about 10 monhts validity pending? Please confirm.
2. Once my wife's ICT Tier 2 ST Visa expires can I switch from Tier2 Dependent to Tier2 General Visa (in around July2015) without going back ore without any cooling period if my employer is ready to sponser one for me?

Please help with my query.

Apam

Re: Tier 2 Dependent to Teir 2 Sponsored

Post by Apam » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:22 pm

1. Yes, you can switch to tier 2 dependant in the uk or out of country. Although you can work without restrictions on a dependant visa, no one can confirm that the job will be permanent and this has nothing to do with the length of your visa.
Permanent job or contract/temp is not an immigration issue, it's up to your potential employer to decide.
2. Yes and no. From tier 2 dependant you can switch to tier 2 general without cooling off period as per current rules BUT this cannot be within the uk, has to be out of country.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:05 pm

cooling-off will still apply by reference to the OP's current T2 ICT leave even if he switches to PBS dependant before applying for T2G entry clearance.

anish_balu
Newly Registered
India

Post by anish_balu » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:35 pm

Apam wrote:1. Yes, you can switch to tier 2 dependant in the uk or out of country. Although you can work without restrictions on a dependant visa, no one can confirm that the job will be permanent and this has nothing to do with the length of your visa.
Permanent job or contract/temp is not an immigration issue, it's up to your potential employer to decide.
2. Yes and no. From tier 2 dependant you can switch to tier 2 general without cooling off period as per current rules BUT this cannot be within the uk, has to be out of country.
Thanks for your clarification. Would my wife be able to apply for a dependent Visa again after I apply a general visa?

anish_balu
Newly Registered
India

Post by anish_balu » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:50 pm

manci wrote:2.
cooling-off will still apply by reference to the OP's current T2 ICT leave even if he switches to PBS dependant before applying for T2G entry clearance.
Hi Manci, Thanks for your response. But I did not get you. Are you saying that after I come ere as a dependent there would be again a cooling of period required to apply for a T2G visa? And can you please expand OP?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:34 pm

the 1 year cooling-off period will be counted from the time you cease to have leave as a T2 ICT migrant, or from the time you depart from the UK, if earlier, and it is not relevant that you will be a PBS dependant for some or all of this period.

OP = original poster = you