ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice to switch to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bezawada
Newly Registered

Need advice to switch to Tier 2 General

Post by bezawada » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:24 pm

HI,
I need an advice from any of you for my immigration.
I came to UK on Tier 1 PSW visa in JAN 2011. My visa expired in Jan 2013. Before its expiry I have applied for Tier 1 Enterpreneur to remain in UK. Unfortunately my application was refused in May 2013, on a base of few missed details. Later I went for appeal and resubmitted few documents by covering those missed details. And again my fate was not good, as my appeal was not accepted. Within 5 working days I sent a request for Upper Tribunal. I am waiting for their response from last 2 months.
Recently I got a good job opportunity. I have explained my immigration status to the employer. They said, they can offer sponsorship if I definitely need it. I couldn't give any answer to them. Because I am not aware of any rules to switch to Tier 2 from my current status.
Please advice me,
Is it possible to make a new application for Tier 2 General now? If it is, please suggest me how can I do it?

Many Many thanks.

Zaidii

Re: Need advice to switch to Tier 2 General

Post by Zaidii » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:23 pm

Have you called the tribunal to check the status of your application? As 2 months is far too long to get a response from the tribunal.
If your application is still pending, then yes you can apply for a different category.
Withdraw your appeal and same day send your Tier 2 application to home office with a covering letter.
This is just my opinion wait for any response from senior members

Regards

Zaidi

bezawada
Newly Registered

Post by bezawada » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:55 pm

Zaidii wrote:Have you called the tribunal to check the status of your application? As 2 months is far too long to get a response from the tribunal.
If your application is still pending, then yes you can apply for a different category.
Withdraw your appeal and same day send your Tier 2 application to home office with a covering letter.
This is just my opinion wait for any response from senior members

Regards

Zaidi

HI Zaidi,
Thanks for your response. Yes I have called Home office customer desk regarding my appeal request, they said they haven't received any confirmation from Judge on his/her availability to hear my appeal.
Sorry I have too many questions!!!
How can I withdraw my appeal as it is under Upper Tribunal?
If I withdrawn my appeal, what are the details I must specify in the covering letter with new application?

Many thanks for your help here.
Jay.

smilyvishal
Newly Registered

Post by smilyvishal » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:23 pm

Hi Knowledgeable Members

I am on ICT Short Term Visa in UK , but my wife have been offerd job. Can she move from ICT Short Term Partner staff to Tier 2 General Visa in UK or does she need to travel back the home country . Does cooling period applies to her ?

What is the minumum salary she should have in offer and Can Certificate of Sponsorhip be offered by a company in Scotland who is not in sponsors list ? If not does that company need to be in contract with a company who is in the official sponsor list ?

An early response is higly appreciated.

Thanks, Vishal