ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Council Tax discount - Ancestral visa - affects ilr?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ununki
Newly Registered

Council Tax discount - Ancestral visa - affects ilr?

Post by ununki » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:26 am

Hi all,

I have been reading the SET(O) form for the Ancestral visa and I have a serious query about the one section of the form.

Now before you all flame me about searching the forum , I did just that and only found a Guru arguing with some member about the issue.

So I will ask the query again and see what result comes about this time round.

Under section 5
part 5.5
it asks if you are receiving a council tax reduction. Do I check that section or do I ignore it?

I Live in a 1 bed bungalow with only a bedroom a bathroom and a small galley k.i.t.c.h.e.n(site filters k.i.t.c.h.e.n as spam??), that is it. Due to this I have done a council tax discount of 25% for single occupancy before this I had paid full Band D council tax for over 4 years. My ILR is in January.

In short my Question is
Will getting the 25% reduction on my council tax count as a benefit claim that I will need to fill in section 5.5 or is it merely a discount and I can ignore that section entirely?

To stop people attempting to answer who do not need to please be advised I have read the following.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... blicfunds/

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#837979

To name a few.

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:30 am

Ignore it, a SPD is not a reduction for the purpose of council tax reduction regulations.

The answer is also here (click)
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

aknc789
Newly Registered

Re: Council Tax discount - Ancestral visa - affects ilr?

Post by aknc789 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:43 am

Hi Ununki,

I have same problem, could you please answer.

did you get any ans from any solicitor. when you are applying. once you apply/if you know any update on this plz update.

thanks.

hooplakid
Newly Registered
India

Re: Council Tax discount - Ancestral visa - affects ilr?

Post by hooplakid » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:41 am

Hi Ununki,

I have the same query . I hope you got the ILR. Do I need to worry about discount?

Thanks