ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

28 days rules

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

benneviss

28 days rules

Post by benneviss » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:58 am

People would be aware that the new Set(o) form and its guidance both are now available on HO website.

After going through the guidance it is very clear that no changes in 28 days rule.

I hope this will clear all our doubts and an ambiguity we had in past few weeks.

Yes , you can apply within 28 days of your earlier approval date.

No need to take any extension .

Good Luck

Sahib

Re: 28 days rules

Post by Sahib » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:10 am

Is it 'within 28 days' or 'No more than 28 days'?

within 28 days - 28th day will be excluded from the date you can apply
No more than 28 days - 28th day is included

Above is my understanding, seniors can confirm.
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice

pichon
Newly Registered

Post by pichon » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:43 am

I am also confused about calculating 28-day period, and would appreciate words of wisdom from senior members.

I am about to make set (M) ILR next month, but I'm really confused about exactly when I can make appointment.

My pre-July 2012 FLR(M) (Was on a student visa and changed to FLR (M) after marriage) expires on 30th May 2014. I used the date calculator website which frequently appears in this forum, and when I subtracted 28, the result showed 2 May 2014. I am not sure whether it means I can apply "from" 2 May or I can do so "after" then. The new Set (M) guidance note says, "Please do not apply more than 28 days before completing that period."

pichon
Newly Registered

Post by pichon » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:21 pm

I did some googling and found this:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... est_possib