ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shoe09
Newly Registered

Urgent Help

Post by shoe09 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:01 am

I applied for my British passport on the 1st April, 2014, but i have to travel urgently due to the lost of my mother as she'll be buried on the 18th April. Please what can I do as passport office have my travelling documents. they have sent an acknowledgement text and they have deducted the money on the 3rd of April

How can I contact them for the return of my passport.

Many thanks

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent Help

Post by lynxukauq » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:00 pm

Sorry to hear about the loss.

You can contact Passport Office on
Telephone: 0300 222 0000

They are open
Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm
Weekends and public holidays, 9am to 5:30pm

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:33 pm

(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:51 pm

Contact your MP first thing in the morning, explain the situation and s(he) can expedite your application so that you'll have an interview on Tuesday and your new passport on Wednesday or Thursday.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

collipu

Post by collipu » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:09 pm

by abiegirl32 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:03 pm

collipu wrote:Does anyone know how to request the passport back?

You have to write a letter and fax it to one number. They will process the request within 4 hrs and the passport can get to you same day. But they will warn that it can delay your application and they can request for it back. Call the 0300 number to get the fax number. Cheers

collipu

Post by collipu » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:45 pm

shoe09 wrote:I applied for my British passport on the 1st April, 2014, but i have to travel urgently due to the lost of my mother as she'll be buried on the 18th April. Please what can I do as passport office have my travelling documents. they have sent an acknowledgement text and they have deducted the money on the 3rd of April

How can I contact them for the return of my passport.

Many thanks
Were you successful in getting your passport back?