ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

please can someone help me?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smithy123
Newly Registered

please can someone help me?

Post by smithy123 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:08 pm

Hi I am so desperate I do not know where to turn can someone please advice me. I am a british citizen and have a partner who is from the Palestine awaiting a decision from the home office to stay in the uk and work . In the meantime I have given birth to a beautiful baby boy. I have worked all my life and have made a claim for child tax credits and working tax credits but have been refused due to my partner not having a NI number. We were told to make an appointment with the Job centre and apply to get him a NI number. 5 weeks later a letter arrived to say he could not have one so i rang and asked why and we were told there had been a mistake that he needed to apply again so we have.I contacted my MP who now says we wont be able to claim for working tax credit or child tax credit?? I work and i am on maternity leave at the min and on limited money. So 15 weeks now we have had no money and HMRC say they have to wait for a NI number for my partner does this mean I am never going to be able to claim this despite being british and honest? if so I honestly dont know how we are going to look after our baby or keep a roof over our heads please can someone help all i keep getting is the run around. Many thanks in advance

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: please can someone help me?

Post by Amber » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:05 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

smithy123
Newly Registered

Post by smithy123 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:32 am

Thank you Amber so reading this then we are not going to be able to claim??? So how do I provide for my child and myself we are both British ?? I'm so desperate ewe may lose my home as I can't afford to pay rent bills feed and clothe !!!

smithy123
Newly Registered

Post by smithy123 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:48 am

Anyone please I am due to see citizens advice Monday and any advice anyone could give me who has been through this is greatly appreciated. Put simply I am quite distressed now !!!

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:50 pm

The term 'reasonable excuse'
The term ‘reasonable excuse’ is not defined in law. What amounts to a reasonable excuse will vary from case to case, and there can be no hard and fast rules setting out the types of excuses that are, or are not, reasonable. It is a matter for the officer’s discretion.

Bearing the above in mind, you should still appeal against the decision......you never know...!!!
I am not sure but somebody told me that there is a maternity allowance which mothers get, I don't know much about it but you may be able to get that....!!!