ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion on Family vs Tourist visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TG1212
Newly Registered

Confusion on Family vs Tourist visa

Post by TG1212 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:13 pm

Hi All,

I am on ILR and my husband is a British Citizen. I want to invite my Sister and her family (husband and 2 kids) in india to UK for a month. Her family is going to stay with us.

I have following questions

1) My sister can fill a "family visitor" visa as she is considered as my family member as per definition on UKBA. Which visa should my brother in law and her kids apply for (family visitor or tourist visa ) ?

2) If brother-in-law and kids can't apply "family visitor" and only "tourist visa", will it be a problem that their family has applied for different visa's for the same trip ?

3) I live in a two bed room flat in total we are 4 of us already living in there (2 adults, 2 kids). Is is acceptable to UKBA to allow 4 more visitors (2 adults, 2 kids) in the same flat. If not then I will have to sort out accomodation for them.

Regards,
Tango

TG1212
Newly Registered

Re: Confusion on Family vs Tourist visa

Post by TG1212 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:05 pm

Could someone please reply ?

TG1212
Newly Registered

Re: Confusion on Family vs Tourist visa

Post by TG1212 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:16 am

Anyone can help me on this please ?