ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) for PBS dep

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier 4
- thin ice -

FLR (M) for PBS dep

Post by Tier 4 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:50 am

I am applying ILR on the basis on long residence in Aug 2014, my wife is PBS dependent on me since 3 Nov 2010; first PBS Tier 4 Dep and later on switched to Tier 1 (PSW) dependent (both of our visas are finishing same time in Aug 2014)

Now in the light of new changes what kind of visa she need to apply while I sent my ILR application?
1. Do I need to submit FLR (M) for her along with my Set (LR) application?
2. Secondly what about the financial requirements since she came as PBS dependent before 9 July 2012 are these financial requirements doesn’t apply to her?
N/A

ahyang0129

Re: FLR (M) for PBS dep

Post by ahyang0129 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:05 am

1. yes.
2. the post- 9 july 2012 financial requirements apply, ie. £18600 salary income threshold.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:21 am

2. The old rules should apply if the SET(LR) and FLR(M) applications are made before 6th April 2014.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:28 am

Thanks vinny for the reply.
What I understand that From 6April 2014, everybody need to follow post 9 July2012 rule

vinny wrote:2. The old rules should apply if the SET(LR) and FLR(M) applications are made before 6th April 2014.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:56 am

Many thx vinny, but unfortunatly both of us are applying in Aug 2014, therefore I am wondering what kind of a visa do I need to apply for her is it FLR (M) with new requirments? If so then I don't meet the financial one so what we suppose to do?
N/A

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:14 am

Unfortunately, for FLR(M) applications after 6th April 2014, the current rules will be applicable for PBS dependants. Let's hope that the court case helps her.

Perhaps the courts will also find the UKVI's treatment of the transitional provisions and changes to Part 8 of the Immigration rules to be unfair and unlawful.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:56 pm

Thanks again Vinny, so what options do I have for her then, should I apply on FLR (O) for her? Another question about my baby boy born last year here in UK but he has PSW dep visa as well as he travel home . I was thinking to skip him on my ILR application and once it get approved register him as BC. Are these rules still stand or they changed too. Many thanks
N/A

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:37 am

vinny wrote:Unfortunately, for FLR(M) applications after 6th April 2014, the current rules will be applicable for PBS dependants. Let's hope that the court case helps her.

Perhaps the courts will also find the UKVI's treatment of the transitional provisions and changes to Part 8 of the Immigration rules to be unfair and unlawful.
So what options does my wife has? Does she need to leave the UK? We are together since 2011, she is the mother of my child, there must be some way out.
N/A

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:00 pm

I believe these changes undermine the transitional provisions and legitimate expectations of applicants.

I think she should apply for FLR(M). Then appeal, if refused.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:48 pm

vinny wrote:I believe these changes undermine the transitional provisions and legitimate expectations of applicants.

I think she should apply for FLR(M). Then appeal, if refused.
Thanks Vinny, in case if i meet maintenance requirment and wife gets her spouse visa when will her 5 years period start for ILR? Is its from the date she entered as PBS dependent back in 2011 or the date she got her spouse visa?
N/A

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:39 am

Under Appendix FM, her qualifying period for SET(M) will start when she is granted FLR(M).

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:56 pm

The new FLR(M) form Version 04/2014 and guidance has been published today.

It Says:
If you were granted leave to enter or remain as a partner following an application made before the 9th July 2012 you are not required to complete section 7A, Proceed to 7B MAINTENANCE.
Is this rule stands for pre 9th July 2012 PBS Dependents as well?
N/A

leon92
Newly Registered

Post by leon92 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:32 pm

Hi Vinny,

Can you please clarify if these new changes are only for those applying for long term residency?

My case is that I have ILR (Points Based Migrant, Tier 1 (G)), my wife has dependent visa (prior July 2012).

She has shortfall around 2 months and needs to extend her visa. (Either using Tier 1 extension or FLR(m), I don't know which one she should use)

If she extends using FLR(m), does this mean that she will be considered under new rules after FLR(m) extension?

Can you please advise on this or post a sticky as I am sure many people are looking for the same answer and this will prevent duplicate posts.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:40 am

The form has just had the fees increased, that's all. It's the rules that will be changed for PBS deps, expect it tomorrow morning.

Those whose spouse settled as PBS applicants, should extend as a PBS dep.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.