ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(O) Success @ Croydon on 29-Jan-14 - Limited company

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mb2014
Newly Registered

ILR SET(O) Success @ Croydon on 29-Jan-14 - Limited company

Post by mb2014 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Dear All,

My ILR (along with my wife and son) got approved on 29th Jan at Croydon. This forum and the moderators has been very helpful in answering all my questions. Thank you very much

I had an appointment at 01:35PM. Reached office by 12:35 and asked to wait by security staff. We were allowed to security check at 01:15 The following are the timelines
01:20 clear security check
01:25 token given and asked to wait at cafeteria, status on screens "Awaiting case registration"
01:35 called for case registration, took 15 min and given folders to put my documents
02:00 called for bio metrics, took 15 min and he took all the documents and asked us to wait at cafeteria
We left to cafeteria and seen our status as "Awaiting consideration" on the screens
02:25 status changed to "Under consideration"
03:20 status changed to "Ready for collection"
03:30 called for collection of documents and letter saying BRP card will arrive in 7 working days

I'm a director of a limited company. I am 100% share holder and only employee of the company.I work as a contractor and get paid by salary and dividends by my company. I am under Tier1 (general). My entry clearance date was 24-Feb-2009. Entered UK on 22-April -2009. Visa was extended in Dec-2011. Expiry date was 24-Feb-2014. Applied under 90 days concession rule. I only had 77 absences in 5 years.

I submitted the below documents.

• SET(O) form
• Cover letter ( along with absence details page, contact details page for the contracting companies & accountant)
• My current Passport & old passport
• Son’s current passport & old passport
• Wife’s passport
• Biometric cards for me, my wife and my son
• Photographs of mine, my wife and my son
• Self assessment points summary sheet calculated from UKBA website
• Life In The UK pass letter for me and my wife
• English language pass certificate from Cambridge ESOL for my wife
• Letter from University stating that my Degree taught in English which is submitted when initially applied for Tier1(General)
• GESE Grade 5 pass certificate from Trinity college for me ( I initially didn't find the above letter so i did this exam)
• My Postgraduate certificate
• Reference letter, Payment breakdown, Payroll break down and Dividend break down letter signed and stamped by accountant
• Remittance advice slips stamped by accountants
• Dividend vouchers stamped by accountants
• Pay slips stamped by accountants
• Invoice sheets stamped by accountants
• Personal bank statements highlighting the remittance amounts credited
• Monthly bank statements for the limited company
• Reference letters from Contracting companies stating that i contracted with them and the invoices paid to my company
• Employment history letter and SA302 (Self-assessment summary) from HMRC (called this number to get these letters 0845 900 0444)
• Company Profit and Loss accounts for the last 3 years stamped by accountant
• Certificate of Incorporation and VAT registration certificate
• VAT returns submitted to HMRC for the last year
• Self assessment statement for the last year from HMRC stating the tax I need to pay and tax payment receipt
• Acknowledgement of a company tax return

I have enclosed the following cohabitation documents

1) Council tax annual bill for the years 2011,2012 and 2013
2) Register of electors letters for 2012 and 2014
3) NHS and GP letters
4) Eye test letter from spec savers
5) council card letter for me
6) Bank statement and letters from bank
7) Letter from Energy company E-On
8) GP Letter stating my wife living in the address for the last 2 years
9) Marriage certificate
10) Son birth certificate

I didn't have any contact with the case worker at any time, so I don't know which of the above documents they looked
I submitted copies of all the documents except SET(o) form, they kept the copies and return all the originals back to me.

Thanks once again for this forum, If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me

Good luck everyone!!
Last edited by mb2014 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinkpop

Re: ILR SET(O) Success @ Croydon on 29-Jan-14 - Limited comp

Post by pinkpop » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:56 pm

Congrats:)

chiru09
Newly Registered

Post by chiru09 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:37 pm

HI,

Congratulations !!

Please could you mention whether you submitted photocopies of all these documents as well ??

My appointment is coming up shortly, I am bit confused whether to carry photocopies of all supporting documents as its quite a huge set .

Please respond ASAP .

MACY
Pakistan

Post by MACY » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:08 am

Hi there, Congrats on your ILR. I just have a quick question if its possible to answer, You mentioned

•Company Profit and Loss accounts for the last 3 years stamped by accountant

Do you have to submit the company accounts for last 3 years?? or 12 months accounts are enough??

Second were your earnings same in three years or it decreased than the last 12 months?? Because my earning are not consistent for 3 years they vary year to year but 12 months before application i will keep up the income to the required threshold. I mean i am required to earn £35k if mine goes to £20k or £16k but last year i have to keep up to £35k is that ok?. Please reply i will highly appreciate. thanks

MK123
United Kingdom

Post by MK123 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:26 am

Congrats

mb2014
Newly Registered

Post by mb2014 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:02 pm

Hi Chiru09,
Yes I submitted copies of the documents except SET(o) form.
They kept all the copies and return all the originals back to me
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Macy,

I have the 3 years P/L accounts available so i submitted them, even 1 year may be good
My earning are different each year, one year they are higher and other year they are lower but the period i am showing they are in the required threshold. So if you have enough points gained from your earning for the last 12 month period then that will be fine
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

smartkhan
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by smartkhan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:42 pm

Hi,

1) Did you provide letters or any documents proving your previous absences from UK?

2) Did you mention anywhere in application form or in cover letter that 90 days compensation rules apply on you?

I got my first entry clearance on 28th May 2009. I entered UK on 7th Aug 2009 within 90 days. My current visa expiring on 25th June 2014. I assume I can go to PEO up to 28 days before 28th May 2014. Is that correct?

Regards

mb2014
Newly Registered

Post by mb2014 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:36 am

[quote="smartkhan"]Hi,

1) Did you provide letters or any documents proving your previous absences from UK? --No I didn't provide any document proving previous absences but i have a page in cover letter which has dates and ports of exit and entry from to UK

2) Did you mention anywhere in application form or in cover letter that 90 days compensation rules apply on you? -- No

I got my first entry clearance on 28th May 2009. I entered UK on 7th Aug 2009 within 90 days. My current visa expiring on 25th June 2014. I assume I can go to PEO up to 28 days before 28th May 2014. Is that correct? --Yes you can apply from 28 days before

Regards[/quote]

chowkal

Post by chowkal » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:35 pm

Congratulations !

Wpc2
Newly Registered

Post by Wpc2 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:46 pm

Hi mb2014
Congratulations for ILR! I am sole director of ltd company.My PEO appointment is in two weeks. Could you please send me the template for Reference letter from Contracting company. Would really appreciate your help!
Regards.

etelsa

Post by etelsa » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:51 pm

@ mb2014 Congratulations. I am a contractor like you. Can you please tell me what did you put for the following question:
5.3 Are you working in the UK? If so, what is your pay each month after income tax and other deductions? Did you put here an average of your salary + dividends divided by 12?

I would appreciate very much if you can answer this question.

Best regards,

etelsa

Post by etelsa » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:58 pm

@ mb2014 Congratulations. I am a contractor like you. Can you please tell me what did you put for the following question:
5.3 Are you working in the UK? If so, what is your pay each month after income tax and other deductions? Did you put here an average of your salary + dividends divided by 12?

I would appreciate very much if you can answer this question.

Best regards,