ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Query for depedant

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kunal parikh

Naturalisation Query for depedant

Post by kunal parikh » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:02 pm

Hi

I have recently obtain my ILR in feb 2014 through long residency and my wife and son born in india also got their ILR through SET M in Glasgow PEO.

We all are elligble to apply for naturalisation/British passport in 2015.

1) However, my wife has stayed in india from 30 Nov 2011 till 15 Sep 2012 because of pregnancy, which is more than 270 days. She has to stay back home and delivered the baby in India because of Pregnancy complications. We also have the doctor's letter for this.

2)Is she still eligible to apply for naturalisation after one year of ILR? she is also planning to visit india now for 87 days. I believe depedant can not stay more than 90 days of country if wants to apply for British passport.?

Please advise

Thanks
Kunal

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Naturalisation Query for depedant

Post by Jambo » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:18 am

I suggest you read the FAQ (link below).

In short - there is no such thing as dependent for naturalisation. The requirement is 450 days not 270.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:07 am

hi

the link was very useful..my wife only joined me in uk oct 2010. i will get my BC first bec I have received my ILR couple of months earlier than her. She will be spouse of BC then she has to prove 3 years if I am not wrong. However, she has stayed from 30 Nov 11 to 12 Sep 12 in India because of pregnancy complications which is more than 270 days..

I am confused will they approve these leaves for granting BC? She came to country in Oct 2010 and recently obtain her ILR in 01 April 2014. by time we apply BC she will have spent nearly 4 years in the country? but is she eligible to apply as a spouse of BC as I am only worried about 270 days requirement.

Please advise.

thanks
Kunal

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:14 pm

Can someone pls advise?

thanks
Kunal