ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT:British Citizenship PLEASE HELP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tigerlily8
Newly Registered

URGENT:British Citizenship PLEASE HELP

Post by tigerlily8 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:12 pm

Hi! Good day. I need help and clarification regarding the ESOL requirement for CITIZENSHIP. I am a graduate of a Bachelors degree in the Philippines, I'm planning to get the Statement of Comparability coz I'm having a hard time to get the certification from my University that my course was taught in English. Would this suffice the requirement for my application?
Also, my Phil passport is about to expire, can I still use it on my application?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: URGENT:British Citizenship PLEASE HELP

Post by Wanderer » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:00 pm

What's ur visa status now?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

tigerlily8
Newly Registered

Post by tigerlily8 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:14 pm

I got my ILR since 2011

maximux79

Post by maximux79 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:38 am

Is your degree recognised in PBS calculator? If yes, it should also state if you can claim 10 points for English Language requirement. This should suffice your ESOL requirement.

tigerlily8 wrote:Hi! Good day. I need help and clarification regarding the ESOL requirement for CITIZENSHIP. I am a graduate of a Bachelors degree in the Philippines, I'm planning to get the Statement of Comparability coz I'm having a hard time to get the certification from my University that my course was taught in English. Would this suffice the requirement for my application?
Also, my Phil passport is about to expire, can I still use it on my application?

tigerlily8
Newly Registered

Post by tigerlily8 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:48 am

[quote="maximux79"]Is your degree recognised in PBS calculator? If yes, it should also state if you can claim 10 points for English Language requirement. This should suffice your ESOL requirement.

Thanks for your reply... I have no idea if its recognised by PBS. Is it similar to NARIC ASSESSMENT thing?

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:11 pm

If you have ILR and you sufficed your language instruction requirement then, there is no need to worry about it now.

See this link:
https://contact-ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... documents/

and this is the relevant text:
Evidence of knowledge of English and of life in the UK

If you are applying from the UK, you should provide:

your certificate of progression from one English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) level to another, with a letter from the college confirming that you completed an ESOL with citizenship course; or
your letter confirming that you have passed the 'Life in the UK' test, stamped and signed by the test supervisor; or
your confirmation that you met this requirement in order to obtain settlement.

Hope that helps.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.