ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oniopapa
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by oniopapa » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:52 am

congrate

did home office reture your document with selft return envilope or with 2nd class post sign for ?

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:36 am

Hello everyone
I have received my wife's passport back today (2nd class) along with a letter says do not sent your passport back unless caseworker asks you!
Well I hhave requested for the passport back on 25th of march and received it today on 7th of April I don't know about the rest of my documents and don't even know the progress of my application.
Here's my timeline
Application sent 8th jan 2014 married route liverpool.
Acknowledgement letter 15th jan
Coa 17th jan with right to work
Rc still pending!

Huey
Newly Registered

Post by Huey » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:38 pm

Hello everyone,

Can anyone advise me what I can do please?

I got a letter this morning asking me to offer a proof of the comprehensive sickness insurance of my husband's dated began studying to present.

My husband is a EEA national and currently doing a PhD course in a university. I learnt the comprehensive sickness insurance is compulsory if the EEA national is a student when I went through the application form. So we applied and got the European Health Insurance Card (which is recognised by home office) for my husband and sent the card with the application form. Since he is a EEA national, he is allowed to see GP here without any problem. Moreover, the university has never asked EU students to provide evidence of Health Insurance.Hence, he did not buy any insurance to cover his student period in the UK. The problem now is: he did not have the insurance dated began studying to present.

Please give me suggestions. Thank you very much for your time.

tahlia0114
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by tahlia0114 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:42 pm

oniopapa wrote:congrate

did home office reture your document with selft return envilope or with 2nd class post sign for ?
They sent it in the first class self return envelope I included. It was posted 6 days after approval!

oniopapa
Newly Registered

Post by oniopapa » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:04 pm

Thank you for reply

i call them they said my document was sent buy 2nd class post on 29/03/2014
and i ask why they don't use my prepaid envelope which i provide
she can only reply sorry they send it with 2nd class post

everyday being checking my mail i don't see nothing come yet plz people help any advice

tahlia0114
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by tahlia0114 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:56 pm

oniopapa wrote:Thank you for reply

i call them they said my document was sent buy 2nd class post on 29/03/2014
and i ask why they don't use my prepaid envelope which i provide
she can only reply sorry they send it with 2nd class post

everyday being checking my mail i don't see nothing come yet plz people help any advice
I would give them another call. Second class post takes 2-3 business days. It also sounds a little odd that they did not use your envelope.

oniopapa
Newly Registered

Post by oniopapa » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:03 pm

i have being trying to call them again the 0300 number is just saying busy this time

tahlia0114
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by tahlia0114 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:40 pm

oniopapa wrote:i have being trying to call them again the 0300 number is just saying busy this time
It's quite late so their phone lines have probably been switched off. Try them first thing tomorrow morning!

aya
Newly Registered

Post by aya » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:45 am

Hi guys!

I have a good news today and want to share my timeline with you.

apllication sent 8 january
documents sent back 11 february (payment pb)

Application sent 12 february
Recev 14 february
COA 26 February
RC Receive 7 April

Good luck to everyone!!!

Thanks for this forum very helpful

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:27 am

Congrats Mate, Could you write issue date of Res, Card plz..

tahlia0114
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by tahlia0114 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:09 am

aya wrote:Hi guys!

I have a good news today and want to share my timeline with you.

apllication sent 8 january
documents sent back 11 february (payment pb)

Application sent 12 february
Recev 14 february
COA 26 February
RC Receive 7 April

Good luck to everyone!!!

Thanks for this forum very helpful
This is almost my exact timeline! Including the first attempt without payment!

oniopapa
Newly Registered

Post by oniopapa » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:09 pm

mate congrate

how home office sent your document

do you gave them return envelope
or 2nd class post
when the rrc was issue and when it was sent

plz need this info thanks

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:11 pm

They are making a lot of mistakes with payment these days...I had the same thing with my payment to renounce British citizenship. However, when I reminded them about it (3 times) and asked how to complain, the card magically worked! :evil:

pswtorc
Newly Registered

Post by pswtorc » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:36 pm

tahlia0114 wrote:
kakashi wrote:
tahlia0114 wrote:Hi!

- Letter from my partner's brother

Thats it!

Many Congrats!!

Could you please let me know why you sent a letter from your partner's brother?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

tahlia0114
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by tahlia0114 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:23 pm

Many Congrats!!

Could you please let me know why you sent a letter from your partner's brother?

Thanks for sharing your experience.
I read somewhere that others included letters from friends/family to confirm their knowledge of the relationship. We also lived with him for the first month we arrived.

leo370
Newly Registered

Post by leo370 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:23 am

Hi,

I received my RC Yesterday. It was a bit long journey :) my timeline is as

First Application : 15th Feb 2013
COA : Within a week (right to work)
RC Refused : 8th July 2013 (Home office called the employer but unable to speak with anyone)

2nd Application : 15th July 2013
COA : Within a week (right to work)
UKBA Visit at home: 28th March 2014 ( two immigration officers visited us in the morning at 07:30, they questioned us for 10, 15 minutes)

RC Received : 8th April

It was very frustrating to wait 2nd time more than 6 months. I called many times and wrote letters but all in vain and at last they came to see us after 8 months.

Good Luck to everyone who is waiting and I'll be happy to answer if someone would have any question.

aya
Newly Registered

Post by aya » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:46 pm

Rc issue date 28 march...
Sorry I vant tell you how they sent the documents because We applied with a solicitor. ..

Irishladywife
Newly Registered

Post by Irishladywife » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:02 pm

Received my RC today, thank goodness because I am supposed to travel on Saturday! I have been stalking these boards for timeline indicators!

Here is my timeline:

5 February 2014: Mailed application (EEA2 - married)
6 February 2014: Application received
13 February 2014: COA issued - no right to work, which I should have been granted - I didn't need to complain though as I'm here on Tier 2.
23 March 2014: Requested our passports
3 April 2014: Still had not received our passports and starting to panic a little, I called the UKBA on the new 0300 number to find out what was the holdup (from studying timelines here I knew that it should not take so long). I was told that a "decision had been made" on my application and they would be sending our documents back with the decision.
9 April 2014: RC received, dated 31 March 2014.

Our documents were returned to us in the special delivery envelope that I included with my application.

jahid2014
Newly Registered

Post by jahid2014 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:59 pm

Hi Guys

Did anyone call to HO recently for enquiry? Thanks.
Last edited by jahid2014 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:02 pm

Mate Could you write here for what reason you want know about HO call inquiry?
jahid2014 wrote:Hi Guys

beatledud
Newly Registered

Post by beatledud » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:09 pm

I did. I called the 0300 123 2253 number. Been trying periodically all day and after making my selection they say their lines are too full and call back later. But got through about 45 minutes ago.

I submitted my EEA2 2 months ago. Per other people's timelines I was hoping to get mine last week. I called and asked (he was annoyed at first that I was calling so soon, but I explained my wife really needs to get a different job and apoligized and he said it was OK). He noted that a decision was made on the 28th of March but it hadn't been dispatched yet. He also said the decision looked positive but he couldn't say for sure. If I hadn't received it within a week, I could call back.

So I called today. The person said that yes, 28th a decision was made, and he wasn't sure why it hadn't gone out but it looked like it was going out today. Couldn't tell me if the decision looked positive as they aren't allowed to divulge that information over the phone (which makes me think why the last guy was vague about it, he shouldn't be telling me anything). Hopefully tomorrow I have it!!

jahid2014
Newly Registered

Post by jahid2014 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:11 pm

Actually I applied for RC last 04 February through EEA2 route, I got my COA on 16 Feb afterthat still I am waiting ? That's why I call to HO to know about my application progress, but nobody answered the phone.

jahid2014
Newly Registered

Post by jahid2014 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:21 pm

beatledud wrote:

I did. I called the 0300 123 2253 number. Been trying periodically all day and after making my selection they say their lines are too full and call back later. But got through about 45 minutes ago.

I submitted my EEA2 2 months ago. Per other people's timelines I was hoping to get mine last week. I called and asked (he was annoyed at first that I was calling so soon, but I explained my wife really needs to get a different job and apoligized and he said it was OK). He noted that a decision was made on the 28th of March but it hadn't been dispatched yet. He also said the decision looked positive but he couldn't say for sure. If I hadn't received it within a week, I could call back.

So I called today. The person said that yes, 28th a decision was made, and he wasn't sure why it hadn't gone out but it looked like it was going out today. Couldn't tell me if the decision looked positive as they aren't allowed to divulge that information over the phone (which makes me think why the last guy was vague about it, he shouldn't be telling me anything). Hopefully tomorrow I have it!!

But it's same thing when I call them, and I am trying from Monday still today. I call that number at morning but there was no response.

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:34 pm

Mate Could you share your Time line
beatledud wrote:

beatledud
Newly Registered

Post by beatledud » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:42 pm

jahid2014 wrote:
beatledud wrote:
jahid2014 wrote: But it's same thing when I call them, and I am trying from Monday still today. I call that number at morning but there was no response.
First I'd say you shouldn't worry. You got your COA so nothing was lost, and it's still really early. The fact that we are all expecting RC within 2 months is crazy compared to what it was like just before new years!

However I called too for a similar nervousness, so I can't blame you (but all of us doing this is what's bogging down the phones).

First I call that number. I get a prerecording starts "Welcome to the Home Office". I hit '2' to skip their prerecording. Then it rings 2 times and I get anotehr prerecording that starts off as "If you are a uk visa customer..." I hit '2' to skip this recording also. Then I get my two options, I hit 2 right away which is "For information about European applications...". Either it tells you how long your expected call wait is or you get "Due to exceptionaly high call volumes..." and it drops your call. You just have to try and get lucky. I was told last week to get at your phone and just at 9 oclock start calling. Using my method of hitting 2 the first two time to skip the recordings and then 2 for the option you want gets you to that decision if you're in the que or not pretty quickly.

FYI when I did get through was around 3:50pm. My wait time was only 4 minutes. When I called last week I didn't have any issues with them dropping my call, but the phone would ring about 25 minutes before someone picked up. Seems like they just upgraded their call system.