ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Solihull v Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goldfish
Member of Standing

ILR - Solihull v Croydon

Post by goldfish » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:54 am

Are there still any differences between Solihull and Croydon e.g.
- Solihull used to check the application before taking payment, but I have heard that now it is the same as everyone else (i.e. pay first, check application later). Is this correct?
- Is there still a senior caseworker available at Croydon? Is there one at other centres e.g. Solihull? A while back there was a senior caseworker at Croydon but not other centres, meaning some applications at Croydon could be resolved on the day rather than deferring the application for further enquiries.
- Can ILR applications for contractors (limited company) be made at any centre? Previously they could only be made in some locations.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Re: ILR - Solihull v Croydon

Post by goldfish » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:08 am

Anyone? Even if you only have answers for one of the questions, it would still really help :)

kashifmasud
Newly Registered

Post by kashifmasud » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:37 pm

Last year when I had my Tier 1 extension from Soulihul office, the lady charged the fee and kept all the documents without even looking at my application. So I guess it's now same every where.

Furthermore, now you have to pay full fee when booking an appointment, instead of paying on the day of appointment.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:43 pm

1. This used to happen ages ago
2. Why do you need Senior worker? If your history is good in general, I mean credit check, taffic offsence etc. then you will get ILR without any single question asked!
3. I think LTD company contract can apply anywhere. Only Self Employed has restrictions e.g Glasgow

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:51 pm

Thanks all who have replied so far.

Where can I find out what restrictions are in place at different PEOs (e.g. for self-employed)?

If some PEOs have a senior caseworker and some don't, I would prefer to go to one that does. Then they are there if needed. My father is has a serious medical condition and I want to minimise the risk that my passport (and documents) will be held for further processing.