ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COS Expiry with a valid Tier2 Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jaideepnaidu.12
Newly Registered

COS Expiry with a valid Tier2 Visa

Post by jaideepnaidu.12 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:49 pm

Hello,

I have a valid Tier-2 General Category visa (expiry in Feb '17) on the basis of a COS from a company. The company has not found any suitable work for me yet and has asked me to wait before they can confirm my travel dates to the UK. My worry is that the COS has an expiry date (22nd April 2014). I have not yet entered UK on this visa.

1. Can I change the sponsorship before I travel to the UK ?
2. What happens if my COS expiry date is lapsed ?
3. What happens if my company decides to withdraw my sponsorship ?

Any help is appreciated !

Regards,
Jaideep

Apam

Re: COS Expiry with a valid Tier2 Visa

Post by Apam » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:24 pm

1. Yes you can. You will need a new cos and RLMT if required.
2. Once visa has been issued, cos doesn't expire until expiry date of visa. Cos 3 months duration is the time within which you need to use it to apply for a visa.
3. There is nothing you can do should they choose to withdraw it. Let's hope they don't!

jaideepnaidu.12
Newly Registered

Post by jaideepnaidu.12 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:36 pm

Thanks for this quick and prompt response. :)

So if the company does withdraw its present COS. Can I find a new sponsor on the same Visa even without travelling to the UK in the first place ??

Apam

Post by Apam » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:20 pm

Should the company withdraw the cos, the visa is automatically cancelled hence you can't travel with it to the uk. In that instance you are free to look for a new sponsor and apply for a new tier 2 visa.
Also if you decide not to work for the company anymore, just inform then and the visa will be cancelled. You are then free to apply for another visa with a new sponsor.