ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benefit Application Question

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abby92

Child Benefit Application Question

Post by abby92 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:18 am

Hello all,

I am about to send a child benefit claim form for my 2 kids. I am enclosing their original birth certificates (extract only not the full ones) but as I have been subject to immigration control in the last 3 months, I also need to send the evidence of my current immigration status (ILR).

My question

Is it my ILR BRP that they want to see? If so do I need to send my original card or a colored photo copy will do? Its just that I am a bit reluctant in sending my original BRP.

Any advice/ help will be much appreciated.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Child Benefit Application Question

Post by Amber » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:55 am

Original BRP, passport and full birth certificates.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:38 pm

I applied for my UK born son for CB, they ask for originals, but I sent original full birth certificate and photocopy of ILR BRP and passport. I did not send originals and got the confirmation. So I suppose they'll check this with homeoffice anyway.

But please make sure you send full birth certificates, as this is the evidence that the children are yours. Hope this will help you.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:54 pm

I send original birth certificates and brp copy (black and white) and getting money without any problem from last 2 months
ss