ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incorrect Place of Birth in Naturalisation Certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinavs
Newly Registered

Incorrect Place of Birth in Naturalisation Certificate

Post by vinavs » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:01 pm

Hi All,

I received approval letter today. But, the Place of birth is incorrect for my wife and kids. The approval letter mentions
that if details are incorrect, the certificate should be sent after oath ceremony. Did anybody face this issue?
How many days it takes to get the amended certificate?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Incorrect Place of Birth in Naturalisation Certificate

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:08 pm

Is it completely different??

Corrections to certificates (once you receive it) can take a couple of weeks to a couple of months
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinavs
Newly Registered

Post by vinavs » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:29 pm

Shall I have to pay some fees even though it tis not my mistake

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:37 pm

Usually a certificate correction is about £94, but I am not sure in a case where the error is not yours.

What does the place of birth say compared to what it actually is?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinavs
Newly Registered

Post by vinavs » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:39 pm

They are completely different places in India, though they are in the same state

vin323
Newly Registered

Post by vin323 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:38 pm

I just realised that my place of birth mentioned in the certification (as well the approval letter) has a missing letter. The place of birth goes like this.

Place and country of birth: <town-name> <state-name>, <country-name>

The <state-name> mentioned is missing a letter in it. I had just provided the <town-name> in my naturalisation application. But they have copied it from my passport and while doing so they missed a letter. It's like "N" is missing from KARNATAKA.

Questions:
1. Do you think I need to send it for correction before applying for the passport?
2. If I look at the passport application, it only talks about <town-name>. Mention only <town-name> and forget the state?
3. Enter the town of birth as: <town-name> <state-name> by adding the missing letter "N" in passport application?
4. Enter the town of birth as: <town-name> <state-name> with missing letter "N" in passport application?

Please advice. Thanks.

neo.kap

Post by neo.kap » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:44 pm

I had same prob and sent cert for correction last week. HO received on 10th Dec, till date no news. they say it takes 6-8 weeks.