ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Living Illegally in the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

missfof9
Newly Registered

Living Illegally in the UK

Post by missfof9 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:23 am

Hello,

I'd like to have some advice for a friend of mine.

He came in the UK in 1999 as a student (3 years Bachelors) plus he did 2years Masters. Now what happened is that in 2010 he applied to renew his student visa but it had been refused because he sent the application late. So the Home Office asked him to leave the country. He is living here illegally since then, and cannot work etc... Luckily his family back home is supporting him financially.

He took a lawyer and they have made an application for discretionary and had hoped that the HO would grant him leave to remain on the basis that he was in the country since he was 18 but it's been more than 2 years and still no reply from HO.

I was wondering if he could apply on the basis of the 10 years long residency?

thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Living Illegally in the UK

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:29 am

The 10 year long residency rule no longer exists.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Living Illegally in the UK

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:54 pm

How old is the person, exactly?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.