ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 2 Change of Employment help PLEASE

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scro2014
Newly Registered

tier 2 Change of Employment help PLEASE

Post by scro2014 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:55 pm

hi,

I have just received a new CoS from my new employer, I'm just stuck on a few things if anyone knows answer too,

1) my employer put down 5 years on CoS, however I have already been here for 2 and a bit years, now i know i prob have to apply for the higher fee visa for over 3 years and ukba will just adjust my expiry date down to whenever it is, but on the form would i still tick that I am applying for more than 3 years leave?

2) the form asks am i still working for the same employer as before, does this mean currently or do i put no because i am going to a new one? id assume its no cuz thats where it indicates change of employment

3) for the priority postal service, when has been the best time to send the email to apply, id like to start by end of april so am thinking that i might try using this, however I've always managed to get an update/ approval etc within 2 weeks, just wanted to know other people's experiences with it,

thanks

sam

scro2014
Newly Registered

Re: tier 2 Change of Employment help PLEASE

Post by scro2014 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:20 am

anyone?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:15 am

1 yes
2 no
3 pass

a87m
- thin ice -

Post by a87m » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:27 am

There seems to be two statements one says you can get 5 years + 5 years extension, second says maximum stay cannot be more than 6 years.

Confusion and Contradiction in the statements on website in Tier 2 General visa guide section (i)overview and (ii)extend your visa.

"(i)Overview
How long you can stay:
You can come to the UK with a Tier 2 (General) visa for a maximum of 5 years and 14 days, or the time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus 1 month, whichever is shorter.
Your stay must start no more than 14 days before the start date on your certificate of sponsorship.
You can apply to extend this visa for another 5 years."

"(ii)Extend your visa
How long you can stay:
You can extend your stay in the UK with a Tier 2 (General) visa for up to another 5 years.

You can’t stay in the UK under a Tier 2 (General) visa for more than a total of 6 years"

My question to the Gurus;

-If a person is changing a role with same employer and is already on 3 years stay can he apply for 5 years if employer put 5 years date in COS?

-If not then if the three years stay comes to an end can the person who got the visa after the rules were in place at October 2013 get an extention for 5 years visa?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:13 am

there is no confusion, both statements are correct in their own pretext.

you can get a leave upto a max of 5 years. then u can get extension of max of 5 years..
but the overall leave can not be more than 6 years.
example leaves (initial leave for (say) 3 years. Migrant change after 10 months to another company. new cos for 5 years. leave extended for 5 years.
first leave for 3 years. extension after 3 years.. cos issued for 5 years. visa extended for 3 years since the max total leave can only be 6 years.