ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELPP !!!!TIER 4 HOW LONG CAN I STAY IF IM STUDYING ACCA

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bigboy86

HELPP !!!!TIER 4 HOW LONG CAN I STAY IF IM STUDYING ACCA

Post by Bigboy86 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:24 pm

HI GUYS

I HAVE BEEN IN THE COUNTRY SINCE FEB 2008 AND STARTED STUDYING CAT BASIC LEVEL ACCOUNTING.

I EXTENDED MY VISA IN 03/2009 ON CAT WHICH WAS BELOW NVQ LEVEL 6

SINCE AUG/2010 UPTO NOW I HAVE BEEN ON A TIER 4 ON NVQ LEVEL 6&7,

I WAS JUST READING THE GUIDANCE AND IT STATES THAT I CANNOT APPLY FOR EXTENSION ON THE SAME COURSE

I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY ONE IMMIGRATION CONSULTANT THAT I CAN APPLY UNTIL AUG/2015 WHICH IS 5 YEARS BUT THEN AFTER WARDS I CANNOT BE ON TIER4 ANYMORE.

JUST WANTED TO KNOW EXACTLY HOW LONG DO I HAVE FROM AUG/2010 TO BE ON A TIER 4, PS IF IT HELPS I HAVE ALSO PAID THE FEES TO MY COLLEGE FOR MBA SO THAT I CAN SHOW TO HOME OFFICE THAT I WILL BE STUDYING MBA ONCE I FINISH MY ACCA

REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: HELPP !!!!TIER 4 HOW LONG CAN I STAY IF IM STUDYING ACCA

Post by Greenie » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:32 am

You don't say when your acca course is due to finish. The maximum time at level 6/7 in your circumstances is 5 years so if the course started in August 2010 and you are applying to extend after August 2015 the application will be refused. If the course will finish in October for example they won't just grant you leave until August they will refuse. The fact you have an offer on an MBA makes no difference as the 5 year limit will still apply. I hope you can get your money back.

Bigboy86

Post by Bigboy86 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:43 am

Greenie wrote:You don't say when your acca course is due to finish. The maximum time at level 6/7 in your circumstances is 5 years so if the course started in August 2010 and you are applying to extend after August 2015 the application will be refused. If the course will finish in October for example they won't just grant you leave until August they will refuse. The fact you have an offer on an MBA makes no difference as the 5 year limit will still apply. I hope you can get your money back.

Sorry mate
My acca on cas letter is until december 2014
If i apply
Will i get the visa until december

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:36 pm

Yes (+4 months) providing you are on the same course and you have only been studying at nqf level 6/7 since August 2010 and meet the other requirements