ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nighat
Newly Registered

Help

Post by Nighat » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:08 am

Hello,

I am a doctor,MBBS, on a good wage, and have my own house. My husband is a Lawyer, (advocate) and he earns well and we got married on 23rd of June.

(I am a new user and I would apprecite some help) My husband has applied for his Visa in Lahore. I have tried to track his application via the http://www.visadropbox.com website, however the tracking system is down, and it has been like that for a few days, is there any other website that I can use to track his application?

Also, my husband submitted his application on the 10th of july in Lahore, and his Biometrics screaning happened on the 13th of july in Islamabad..does anyone know how long it will take from now to hear if he has been sucessfull in obtaining a visa- I've heard all sorts from 10days, to 3 months.

I would like some input please, on what we should be doing from now.

Thank you so much

Nighat

cloudysky99

Post by cloudysky99 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:07 am

Hi Nighat
don't worry about the tracking website.. most of us know its of no use and they hardly ever update it.. i got my visa last week and it kept on saying my visa application is still in process!
About the time required for settlement visas.. yes it does vary but according to the BHC its 12-14 weeks. the good news is your husband got his screening very early that means they have started working on his application and will get his visa soon inshaAllah.
One question though was his case straight forward or were there any complications .. plus when you go to the embassy the people who work there tell you how much longer its going to take. its a rough idea but still it helps, what did they tell your husband?
Regards
Cloudysky

Nighat
Newly Registered

help

Post by Nighat » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:08 am

Dear Cloudysky,

Thank you for your reply, it is much appreciated. CONGRATS on getting ur visa.

Our case is very straight forward. We have known each other for 7 years, and then got married. He has never been to the Uk before. He did apply for a student Visa 3 years ago and got rejected on the grounds of a lack of funding..but we have declared that on the application form.

I just wanted to know how long did your visa take to come through? and how do you find out that your visa has come through? Do the BHC ring my husband, or do the fedex agency? and how quickly does he have to leave the country?

i look forward to your reply
many thanks

Nighat

cloudysky99

Post by cloudysky99 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:13 pm

Thanks nighat:)
i got my visa 10 days before my 3 months were over. i got a phone call from fedex asking me to come and collect my passport they ofcourse can't tell u if you got the visa or not and you have to leave the country within 28 days.
remember as long as you have provided enough proof in the form of documents that this is not a marriage of convinience.. you guys can support yourself without resorting to public funds.. have a place to live etc etc then there shouldn't be problem
hope this helps
regards
cloudysky

Nighat
Newly Registered

help

Post by Nighat » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:27 pm

Hi

Thank you for your reply. There is no recourse for us to use public funding, and like i said we have accomodation. It is just that after marriage we only lived together for 10days- it was because I had to come back to the Uk for my job, so I am just a little anxious that the BHC might not like that.

Insha-Allah we will hear something soon.

Thanks for your help
Allah Hafiz

Nighat

cloudysky99

Post by cloudysky99 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:30 pm

it doesnt matter if only you've lived together for 10 days as long as you have met your spouse thats what counts