ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR102014

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by ILR102014 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:48 pm

ik_aam_insaan wrote:Brp recieved issued 7 april :)
Documents by tommorow.
Good luck to all waiting ...

Congrates mate

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:58 pm

ik_aam_insaan wrote:Brp recieved issued 7 april :)
Documents by tommorow.
Good luck to all waiting ...
Congrates.. :)

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:36 pm

Hi everyone

I have called HO , adviser gave me reference package was posted on 26th March and solicitor firm received 28th but unfortunate, still not heard from solicitor, tried to call solicitor many but not hold her today.
Please can anyone confirm mostly home office which courier use to post letter. Adviser told they posted second class through royal mail, please those who received their decision letter, either they post bio metric via royal mail, or PDP.
Your information sharing will be great.

As most of you know I have applied OCT2012, long time waiting, so anxious to hear good news.
regards
Amjad leeds

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:16 pm

For all those who are still curious about part 8 read this update

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 61896.html

It was shared by SSWSZ few days ago.

Hi KashRIZ,
Let's be very clear, there is no change to Section 7 about income trash hold and maintenance. So don't know what changes are you referring to, as the question was clearly about PBS dependent before 09th July 2012, and if you see FLR(M) and go to the beggining of section 7-A page 18, regards to Financial Requirement, it begins by saying
" If you were granted leave to enter or remain as a partner following an application made before the 09th July 2012 you are not required to complete section 7A, proceed to 7B MAINTENANCE"
Don't see any change in this as I applied for my wife before the changes happened. Rule regards to income trash hold and maintenance remains the same.
Gurus and senior members please clarify on this.
Regards
Shahjee[/quote][/quote][/quote]
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

zeeco786
Newly Registered

Post by zeeco786 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:49 pm

amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone

I have called HO , adviser gave me reference package was posted on 26th March and solicitor firm received 28th but unfortunate, still not heard from solicitor, tried to call solicitor many but not hold her today.
Please can anyone confirm mostly home office which courier use to post letter. Adviser told they posted second class through royal mail, please those who received their decision letter, either they post bio metric via royal mail, or PDP.
Your information sharing will be great.

As most of you know I have applied OCT2012, long time waiting, so anxious to hear good news.
regards
Amjad leeds
Docs come through Royalmail Special delivery & BRP usually comes via DX.
Inshallah it will be all good.
Goodluck

Malavan
Newly Registered

Post by Malavan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:09 pm

Dear friends,
I'm going to apply on 18April for setLR but in the new application I don't understand what does it mean section 7 Summary Sheet.
what is the different between A and B?
I have all my passports with all stamps.
Do I need to send other documents?
Also do I need to send the current bank statement with a specific amount of found in the account?
I appreciate it in advance for your help?
Regards,
Malavan

allwell46
United Kingdom

Post by allwell46 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:14 am

To
shahjee1234 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:13 pm
KashRIz » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:38 pm
die_hard » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:48 pm
msmussaf » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:10 pm
rmkirfan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:46 pm
maaan143 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:08 pm
and every one on this forum

It seems still confusing, hoping vinny, amber or any moderators can comment on this please.
I personally more agree with shahjee1234's comments

I also hope some one apply for flr m or set m over the counter, and post his/her experience here, this also may clear confusion.

Hi KashRIZ,
Let's be very clear, there is no change to Section 7 about income trash hold and maintenance. So don't know what changes are you referring to, as the question was clearly about PBS dependent before 09th July 2012, and if you see FLR(M) and go to the beggining of section 7-A page 18, regards to Financial Requirement, it begins by saying
" If you were granted leave to enter or remain as a partner following an application made before the 09th July 2012 you are not required to complete section 7A, proceed to 7B MAINTENANCE"
Don't see any change in this as I applied for my wife before the changes happened. Rule regards to income trash hold and maintenance remains the same.
Gurus and senior members please clarify on this.
Regards
Shahjee[/quote]

2 years apply to cases where PBS dependent was issued visa before 09th July 2012.
Dependents who have applied for FLR(M) before the 06th April 2014 can still combine there time as PBS dependent and time as dependent of a settled person, and their qualifying time is 2 years.
Any body apply after the 06th April 2014, and already a PBS dependent prior to 09th July 2012, will get a two years visa and will qualify for their indefinite leave to remain after that 2 years.
Any dependent who became a PBS dependent after 09th July 2012, and is applying now will have to qualify under the 5 years rule. So let's all stop confusing things here. Thanks.
Regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:11 am

die_hard wrote:So my wife is as my Tier 2 dependent since Sept 2011 and I would be applying for SET(LR) in august 2014. I would apply for her FLR(M) following my application as her visa expires in Sept 2014.

So how long she would have to wait to apply for her ILR through SET(M) after she gets her FLR(M) ?
shahjee1234 wrote:
die_hard wrote:So to whom or who would be eligible to apply as a dependent using the two year rule ?

You need to have been living in the UK with a ‘partner of a settled person’ visa for:

2 years if you applied for your visa before 9 July 2012

2 years apply to cases where PBS dependent was issued visa before 09th July 2012.
Dependents who have applied for FLR(M) before the 06th April 2014 can still combine there time as PBS dependent and time as dependent of a settled person, and their qualifying time is 2 years.
Any body apply after the 06th April 2014, and already a PBS dependent prior to 09th July 2012, will get a two years visa and will qualify for their indefinite leave to remain after that 2 years.
Any dependent who became a PBS dependent after 09th July 2012, and is applying now will have to qualify under the 5 years rule. So let's all stop confusing things here. Thanks.
Regards
Shahjee
Hi die_hard,
As she is on a PBS dependent status prior to 09th July 2012, so once she apply for her FLR(M) she have to spend 2 years as a dependent of a settled person, and after that she can apply for her SET(M). Means to say she is still covered under the old transitional arrangements.
If you check the FLR(M) application forms, and go to section 7, it begins by saying that if you are on PBS dependent status prior to 09th July 2012 than you don't need to fill section 7A, that is the income trash-hold, go straight to section 7B for Maintenance.
So the point is there are some changes but not drastic changes that will effect dependents who are here on PBS dependent status prior 09th July 2012. So fingers crossed, be positive and all the best with your and your Mrs applications.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:02 am

Hi Shahjee1234,

Thanks for your input.

Regarding the section 7 in the new FLR(M) form, there is some discussion/comments by the experts in the following thread,

Let me know what do you think ?

Regards
Shahjee[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Hi die_hard,
As she is on a PBS dependent status prior to 09th July 2012, so once she apply for her FLR(M) she have to spend 2 years as a dependent of a settled person, and after that she can apply for her SET(M). Means to say she is still covered under the old transitional arrangements.
If you check the FLR(M) application forms, and go to section 7, it begins by saying that if you are on PBS dependent status prior to 09th July 2012 than you don't need to fill section 7A, that is the income trash-hold, go straight to section 7B for Maintenance.
So the point is there are some changes but not drastic changes that will effect dependents who are here on PBS dependent status prior 09th July 2012. So fingers crossed, be positive and all the best with your and your Mrs applications.
Kind regards
Shahjee[/quote]

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:43 am

Malavan wrote:Dear friends,
I'm going to apply on 18April for setLR but in the new application I don't understand what does it mean section 7 Summary Sheet.
what is the different between A and B?
I have all my passports with all stamps.
Do I need to send other documents?
Also do I need to send the current bank statement with a specific amount of found in the account?
I appreciate it in advance for your help?
Regards,
Malavan
Hi Malavan,
Regards to Section 7, Summary Sheet, in section A, just give numbers of the documents that you are providing e.g how many passports are you providing ? If it is 3 passports just write a 3 in front of the passports.
Section B is regards to any extra documents that you are providing like e.g a covering letter, just mention there Covering letter and in front of it mention 1.
Regards to what documents you need to send with your SET(LR) application, you need to send
All your previous passports
Old Biometric card
2 photos of your self
Life in Uk test pass result
English language capability e.g a test result or a degree from a UK university
If you have all your previous passports that covers your last 10 years than you don't need any further documents like bank statements, you would attach supporting documents only if your old passports are not there to cover your last 10 years. Make your application as simple as you can, and hope for the best. All the best with your SET(LR) application. Thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:05 pm

COM ON GUYS....GIVE SOME GOOD NEWS.........

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:24 pm

KashRIz wrote:COM ON GUYS....GIVE SOME GOOD NEWS.........
for me the ho today said still in process
what about you ILR102014?
as we both are from 13/1

ILR102014

Post by ILR102014 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:26 pm

GOd Helps wrote:
as we both are from 13/1
Hi,
They said the same to me, with the case worker....

Waiting :!: :!: :!:

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:31 pm

ILR102014 wrote:
GOd Helps wrote:
as we both are from 13/1
Hi,
They said the same to me, with the case worker....

Waiting :!: :!: :!:
did you send a special delivery return envelope?

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:45 pm

die_hard wrote:Hi Shahjee1234,

Thanks for your input.

Regarding the section 7 in the new FLR(M) form, there is some discussion/comments by the experts in the following thread,

Let me know what do you think ?

Regards
Shahjee
[/quote][/quote]

Hi die_hard,
Kind regards
Shahjee[/quote][/quote]

And also FLR(M) Guidence notes Sec 21 (D) , Page 6. confirms

d) You need to meet the financial requirement if you made your first application to enter or remain here as a partner after 9th July 2012.

Ref: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf
Last edited by rmkirfan on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ILR102014

Post by ILR102014 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:47 pm

No, I have to wait for the normal delivery

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:49 pm

ILR102014 wrote:No, I have to wait for the normal delivery
i have sent special delivery keeps on checking it so hard to wait :!:
my prayers with every one please pray fro me as well

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:11 pm

Well it is getting really hard now...up to last week I was very relaxed. Since they have started JAN application then i started checking my return bag's tracking number. I tried calling them today but it was long wait and I am at work so I have to hangup. I hope and wish to get my good news before Easter Break......
GOd Helps wrote:

mhjohn
Newly Registered

Post by mhjohn » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:33 pm

hello everyone,
alz remember there is hope end of the dark tunnel.By the grace of Almighty ALLAH, I have received my ILR today. What a relief...last couple weeks have been very stressful. Thank you all the members for sharing very informative thoughts and experiences.i wish good luck to those who are waiting and who are going to apply.it was very hard to get someone over the phone in home office for checking the status of the application.i called them yesterday and was informed by them that my package was dispatched on 08/04/14 and got the tracking number. i dont know why but i still didnt get my papers back but luckily i received my BRP in the morning. i am too excited.........thank you all once again.

My timeline:
Application sent: 06/01/14
Acknowledgement issued: 08/01/14
Acknowledgement received: 10/01/14
Biometric letter received and enrolled: 21/01/14
BRP issued : 08/04/2014
BRP received: 10/04/14
Approval letter : waiting for................... :shock:

i was 8 years student and 2 years PSW

Please update the skydrive.

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:43 pm

mhjohn wrote:hello everyone,
alz remember there is hope end of the dark tunnel.By the grace of Almighty ALLAH, I have received my ILR today. What a relief...last couple weeks have been very stressful. Thank you all the members for sharing very informative thoughts and experiences.i wish good luck to those who are waiting and who are going to apply.it was very hard to get someone over the phone in home office for checking the status of the application.i called them yesterday and was informed by them that my package was dispatched on 08/04/14 and got the tracking number. i dont know why but i still didnt get my papers back but luckily i received my BRP in the morning. i am too excited.........thank you all once again.

My timeline:

skydrive updated.. Congratulations.. best luck to others like me :) :lol:

T1V
Newly Registered

Post by T1V » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:46 pm

Hi allwell46,

No my convictions were from 2005 and 2007 and were spent. Yes I did mention them both on my application.

allwell46 wrote:Congratulations,
1. Had you still had points on your license on the time of applying?
2. If yes to 1 then Had you mentioned your driving convictions in SET (LR) form?

Hardikjshah83 wrote:
T1V wrote:By the grace of Almighty, I have received my ILR yesterday. What a relief...last couple weeks have been very stressful. But cant thank enough my Lord. Thank you all the members for sharing very informative thoughts and experiences. My advice to those who are waiting, try and keep yourselves busy with something other than this. Try and stay away from Immigrationboards website when you get close to your expected receipt time. Otherwise the more you read, the more worried and stressed you will get!

My timeline:
Application sent: 27/12/13
Acknowledgement: 31/12/13
Biometrics letter: 15/01/14
Biometrics done: 16/01/14
Approval letter and card received: 07/04/14

I had two driving convictions, speeding etc.

5years student + 2 years PSW + 3 years T1

Congratulations - Skydrive udpated :P

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:59 pm

Congrats mate enjoy the moment and pray for us............
mhjohn wrote:hello everyone,

My timeline:

Ojey

Post by Ojey » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:18 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my 10 years residency. I have been in the UK since september 2004 under student visa. I have been on MPhil for the past 4 years and 4 months. Normally an MPhil would only take 2 yrs. The reason I have been able to stay this long is that the university seemed to have made some sort of mistake and I have passed under the radar for this long. Now my visa expires at the end of april 2014. I tried to apply for an extension to submit my thesis to the university. The application for extension have alerted the university to my situation. Now the university does not seem to be willing to give me an extension (so no CAS number) and is likely going to report me to UKBA so that I leave the country and submit my MPhil dissertation from home (my home country). I will be completing 10 years in september 2014 (4-5 months left).

Question is: How can I get to september legally in my case, so that I can apply for ILR?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

ilruk84
United Kingdom

Post by ilruk84 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

One of my friend got his BRP today below is the time line for him,

Applied: 10-01-2014
Valid from date on BRP: 08-04-2014
BRP received: 10-04-2014

He applied on long residency basis and was on student visa for 10 years.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:32 pm

KashRIz wrote:Well it is getting really hard now...up to last week I was very relaxed. Since they have started JAN application then i started checking my return bag's tracking number. I tried calling them today but it was long wait and I am at work so I have to hangup. I hope and wish to get my good news before Easter Break......
GOd Helps wrote:
I can understand, Just keep busy mate .. Be patience ..I know its easy to say.
Im Feb applicant,I cant able to sleep with out any Board update. Inshallah you will hear good news soon..
Last edited by rmkirfan on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.