ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 1 VC - Documents inquiry :)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

blossommum
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 1 VC - Documents inquiry :)

Post by blossommum » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:37 pm

Hello everyone,

I along with my partner is planning to apply tier 1 visa via venture capital from a student visa. we both have finished masters over here and want to start our own business. we have a business plan and even found a VC.

This forum is really helpful and i have seen it has helped many to get their document correct and get their visa. i am confused as in what documents are required from our side. (specially academic)

List of document i have:

1.masters degree
2.bank statement (£900)
3.business plan

(is back home bachelor degree important ?) as i have misplaced it and couldn't find it, but i do have my 12, certificate and bachelor degrees copy.

i have even received letter from VC about the money they hold and we can use it in UK.

Please it would be very grateful if someone could help me and discuss what documents are needed for application

really appreciate.
thanks

entrepreneur123

Re: Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 1 VC - Documents inquiry :

Post by entrepreneur123 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:50 pm

make sure this is original venture capital, as some fake(even properply registered firm) are issuing 100 letters to hundreds applicants by charging money to them,

blossommum wrote:Hello everyone,

I along with my partner is planning to apply tier 1 visa via venture capital from a student visa. we both have finished masters over here and want to start our own business. we have a business plan and even found a VC.

This forum is really helpful and i have seen it has helped many to get their document correct and get their visa. i am confused as in what documents are required from our side. (specially academic)

List of document i have:

1.masters degree
2.bank statement (£900)
3.business plan

(is back home bachelor degree important ?) as i have misplaced it and couldn't find it, but i do have my 12, certificate and bachelor degrees copy.

i have even received letter from VC about the money they hold and we can use it in UK.

Please it would be very grateful if someone could help me and discuss what documents are needed for application

really appreciate.
thanks

blossommum
Newly Registered

Post by blossommum » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:57 pm

thanks for replying entrepreneur123
do you have any idea what academic documents are required ? it would be really helpful to me ..

i will also be posting all the documents details here before submitting my application.

thanks

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:22 pm

@ blossommum, the most important qualification certificate you need is that of your master's programme since its from a UK university.

All the other documents are listed on the forum by others who got their visa, so go through their list and narrow it down to your own requirement.

Try to make sure your business plan and market research are in your own words and not copy from the internet as that could cause a very big issue with HO.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

VentureCapital Route

Post by VentureCapital Route » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:35 am

blossommum wrote:thanks for replying entrepreneur123
do you have any idea what academic documents are required ? it would be really helpful to me ..

i will also be posting all the documents details here before submitting my application.

thanks
If you send me the name of the VC I can verify if it meets the UKBA definition of a VC - remember not all companies that provide venture funding or have VC in their name qualify as a VC under UKAB rules - the definition of a VC is very narrow. It might save you time and money to get it checked.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:22 am

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 53479.html

blossommum wrote:Hello everyone,

List of document i have:

1.masters degree
2.bank statement (£900)
3.business plan

really appreciate.
thanks

blossommum
Newly Registered

Post by blossommum » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:09 pm

thanks entrepreneur123 :)

i have gone through the link which you mentioned before. i know there are many scams happening. i will pm you once i meet the vc again.

after looking at all this things i dnt want to waste my career for such stupid reason of visa.

blossommum
Newly Registered

Post by blossommum » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:11 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ blossommum, the most important qualification certificate you need is that of your master's programme since its from a UK university.

All the other documents are listed on the forum by others who got their visa, so go through their list and narrow it down to your own requirement.

Try to make sure your business plan and market research are in your own words and not copy from the internet as that could cause a very big issue with HO.
thanks for replying. but can you tel me that as i dnt have my bachelor's degree will it effect my application or should make a new one from my university (it might take weeks as i need to get it from india).
instead of this i have all the documents needed from my side.

thanks

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:15 pm

@ blossommum, your bachelor's degree is not required since you stated that you got your master's degree from UK.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

easyindian
Newly Registered

Post by easyindian » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:24 am

hello, can i switch from tier4 student to entrepreneur if i have neither bachelors nor masters degree?

bubbly123

Post by bubbly123 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:37 am

@blossommum: your maintenance has to be £945 from July.