ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

collected my visa decision letter late, can i get add time

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sam87
Newly Registered

collected my visa decision letter late, can i get add time

Post by Sam87 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:24 pm

Hi,
i got my Tier 1 entrepreneur decision on 24-03-2014, i was unable to collect it. i collected it from post office on 7-04-2014, unfortunately my application was declined. and got opportunity to appeal with in 10 days.

1) can i appeal today 7=04=2014
2) can i reapply tier1 entrepreneur visa again with in 28 days

please reply ASAP

Sam87
Newly Registered

Re: collected my visa decision letter late, can i get add ti

Post by Sam87 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:27 pm

Sam87 wrote:Hi,
i got my Tier 1 entrepreneur decision on 24-03-2014, i was unable to collect it. i collected it from post office on 7-04-2014, unfortunately my application was declined. and got opportunity to appeal with in 10 days.

please reply ASAP

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:09 pm

@ Sam87, if your refusal decision is stated as 24-03-2014, that's means they should have also given date of expected delivery as 26/03/14 (usually 2 days after decision) which means that you have till 09/04/14 to submit your appeal which you can do online straightaway without any delay.

Check the refusal letter very well and you should see the section where they state the expected date of receiving the decision.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Jaggers

Post by Jaggers » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:37 am

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ Sam87, if your refusal decision is stated as 24-03-2014, that's means they should have also given date of expected delivery as 26/03/14 (usually 2 days after decision) which means that you have till 09/04/14 to submit your appeal which you can do online straightaway without any delay.

Check the refusal letter very well and you should see the section where they state the expected date of receiving the decision.
Hello Olasunkanmi,

I have read your many posts they always very helpful, I am in very difficult situation and I was unable to send you private message,

Could you please e-mail me on js1043245@gmail.com, I will really appreciate your 5 mins,

Many Thanks

Jaggers

Post by Jaggers » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:39 am

Sam87 wrote:Hi,

please reply ASAP
Effective decision date should be on your appeal documents, double check that day and just apply online to save time.
usually within 3 weeks you will get court hearing date,

Good luck

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:55 am

@ Jaggers, you can ask whatever question you wish to ask on the forum.

Sam87
Newly Registered

Post by Sam87 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:00 am

Thanks a lot guys. I made an appeal yesterday. Fingers crossed hope for the best.

Sam87
Newly Registered

Post by Sam87 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:33 am

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ Jaggers, you can ask whatever question you wish to ask on the forum.
@olasunkanmi can I make a fresh application with the funds transferred to my acc in uk( £50k) . Or do I have to wait for hearing and submit the funds transferred there. Please help

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:51 am

@ Sam87, its your choice if you wish to wait for appeal or submit a fresh application. But you will definitely have enough time to make plan for a fresh application before your hearing date. They usually give hearing date around 3-6months after appeal is submitted.

If you then decide to submit a fresh application, all you need to do is withdraw appeal and go ahead with the fresh application.

Wish you all the best.

Sam87
Newly Registered

Post by Sam87 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:22 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ Sam87, its your choice if you wish to wait for appeal or submit a fresh application. But you will definitely have enough time to make plan for a fresh application before your hearing date. They usually give hearing date around 3-6months after appeal is submitted.

If you then decide to submit a fresh application, all you need to do is withdraw appeal and go ahead with the fresh application.

Wish you all the best.
Hi @olasunkanmi,
My tier 1 entrepreneur visa was declined based on these reason.
1. UKBA unable to verify my money showed in bank in india.

But we submitted that bank documents when my brother, my mom and my dad applied for their visas in different years and they got their visas. Why can't they verify now. Now i am transferring those funds to my bank acc in uk. Can I reapply with new bank statement for the same £50k, my psw expired on (16-03-2014). And I heard that if I want to reapply I have to show £200k. what is true. is it best to go for hearing and submit the documents there. Please help please.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:55 pm

@ Sam87, since you submitted your appeal on time you are still on PSW visa under section 3C and if you decide to withdraw your appeal and submit a fresh application your last leave will technically be PSW visa. So you can still apply under the 50k PSW route.

I will advice that you go for appeal as your chances of winning is high if you can get a letter from your bank in India to confirm that HO didn't make any verification check at all.

Sam87
Newly Registered

Post by Sam87 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:24 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ Sam87, since you submitted your appeal on time you are still on PSW visa under section 3C and if you decide to withdraw your appeal and submit a fresh application your last leave will technically be PSW visa. So you can still apply under the 50k PSW route.

I will advice that you go for appeal as your chances of winning is high if you can get a letter from your bank in India to confirm that HO didn't make any verification check at all.
Hi olasunkanmi,
The only problem I have is, my bank was in the non recommended instruction list by the UKBA, but it's a regional bank and it's government bank owned and maintained by the government of india. I transferred my money now to my UK account. My lawyer suggesting to write an reconsideration letter with the my recent bank statement with 50k in my account. Will this do any help. And if in. Case if I had to go to hearing, will this help. My bank manager in india is happy to do any sort of support. But don't know what sort of letter should I get it from him. Please help.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:00 pm

@ Sam87,
The only problem I have is, my bank was in the non recommended instruction list by the UKBA
With the above statement, it will be better to go through a fresh application as you already know what the judge will say to you which is likely to be ''bank not on UKBA recommended list''.

So save yourself the hassle of appeal dismissal and make a fresh application by correcting all the mistakes in the earlier application.