ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right to Work / CoA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

schillick
Newly Registered

Right to Work / CoA

Post by schillick » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:47 pm

Hi there,
I am a EEA national living in the UK, and my unmarried partner is a Kiwi. We have been together for 5 years now. His working holiday visa expires very soon, so we applied for an EEA2. He just got the CoA today, stating he is not allowed to work until the decision is made. I thought the existing immigration status would continue until the application was decided, so I thought he would still be granted permission to work as he was under his working holiday visa.
Any advice?
Thanks

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Right to Work / CoA

Post by chaoclive » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:48 pm

COA not giving the right to work seems to be common practice in the case of unmarried partners.

I'm not sure how the details of it work but I'd guess he will be fine up until the WHV expires. By that time, I hope he is close to getting his residence card. It seems that many people are getting the RCs within 3 months now!

Hope someone else will come and shed some light on this for you.

tahlia0114
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by tahlia0114 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:50 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately, Section 3c Leave does not apply when someone makes an application under European Law. Your partner will only be able to work until the expiry of his current visa.

I've just been through this process, as the non-EEA national I had to formally resign from work. Luckily, my visa was in my hands 52 days after I sent my application :) So don't worry, it shouldn't take long!

Your case sounds very similar to mine actually, if you want to know anything else just ask!

schillick
Newly Registered

Post by schillick » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:39 am

Thanks for your answers, even if that's not what I wanted to hear!