ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by rmkirfan » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:51 pm

Ojey wrote:Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my 10 years residency. I have been in the UK since september 2004 under student visa. I have been on MPhil for the past 4 years and 4 months. Normally an MPhil would only take 2 yrs. The reason I have been able to stay this long is that the university seemed to have made some sort of mistake and I have passed under the radar for this long. Now my visa expires at the end of april 2014. I tried to apply for an extension to submit my thesis to the university. The application for extension have alerted the university to my situation. Now the university does not seem to be willing to give me an extension (so no CAS number) and is likely going to report me to UKBA so that I leave the country and submit my MPhil dissertation from home (my home country). I will be completing 10 years in september 2014 (4-5 months left).

Question is: How can I get to september legally in my case, so that I can apply for ILR?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
6 months another course admission where u can get visa, It can be bit expensive but it seems worth for ILR. or find job who can sponser.

Risky option would be Apply Enterprneur visa and keep delay your biometric to take 4-5 months, Then you differ to ILR.
I personally dont suggest,but I have seen few applicants differing from different status to cover few months period.

Hope this Helps,

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:36 pm

Hi all

Someone told me that upper tribunal released a judgement about 14 years illegal stay yesterday.
I didnt see it personally.

14 years which is now 20 years. But in that judgement, said that the people who were in the uk before the law change from 14 to 20 years will remain stick to 14 years.

I dont know to what extant its right.

This case was presented by Malik Law.

Can someone get the copy for judgement if its true?

Thanks

Ojey

Post by Ojey » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:53 pm

@ rmkirfan…
Thanks for your reply.
I understand that I cannot apply for a new course because of the relatively new rule of "time limit (cap) on study" (http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... -on-study/). I have been studying for more then 8 years.
Finding a job that sponsor me is quite difficult, specially at this time (3 weeks left), although I am waiting for a few replies, but I dont want to rely on them.
Your third option (applying for entrepreneur visa) seems reasonable, while I have been told that I could apply for FLR(O) on grounds to complete my research degree…and most likely get refused…which would be followed by an appeal…hopefully buying me enough time
to complete the 10 years, and then switch it to ILR SET(O).

What do you think?
Any other options?

malik15

Post by malik15 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:55 pm

Hi,

How can I notify Home Office of change of address?

Regards
Malik

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:39 pm

Ojey wrote:@ rmkirfan…
Thanks for your reply.
I understand that I cannot apply for a new course because of the relatively new rule of "time limit (cap) on study" (http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International- ... -on-study/). I have been studying for more then 8 years.
Finding a job that sponsor me is quite difficult, specially at this time (3 weeks left), although I am waiting for a few replies, but I dont want to rely on them.
Your third option (applying for entrepreneur visa) seems reasonable, while I have been told that I could apply for FLR(O) on grounds to complete my research degree…and most likely get refused…which would be followed by an appeal…hopefully buying me enough time
to complete the 10 years, and then switch it to ILR SET(O).

What do you think?
Any other options?
You are right, FLR(O) seems better solution for situation . If you dig in to this board you will find similar situation. Few got it easily and few had long wait . End of the day it worked out. But Ensure to apply in good time and delay Biometric as much as you can. It all depends on time now.. good luck..

Ojey

Post by Ojey » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:50 pm

rmkirfan wrote:You are right, FLR(O) seems better solution for situation . If you dig in to this board you will find similar situation. Few got it easily and few had long wait . End of the day it worked out. But Ensure to apply in good time and delay Biometric as much as you can. It all depends on time now.. good luck..
Thank you. I will keep looking in this board for similar situations, in case there is better alternative.

yasirctl00001
Newly Registered

Post by yasirctl00001 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:07 pm

Hi ! Thanks Allah ....big relief
Could you please post my detail on the sky drive?
ILR Application (0n the basis of continuous lawful residence in the UK): 09.01.2014
Acknowledgement letter: 16.01.2014
Biomtric Letter: 22.01.2014
Biometric Enrolled: 24.10.2014
Approval Letter: 08.04.2014
BRP : waiting. 10.04.2014

Staffs12

Post by Staffs12 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:25 pm

yasirctl00001 wrote:Hi ! Thanks Allah ....big relief
Could you please post my detail on the sky drive?
ILR Application (0n the basis of continuous lawful residence in the UK): 09.01.2014
Acknowledgement letter: 16.01.2014
Biomtric Letter: 22.01.2014
Biometric Enrolled: 24.10.2014
Approval Letter: 08.04.2014
BRP : waiting. 10.04.2014
Congrats ... Enjoy your freedom

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:28 pm

Hello members.

I am going to apply next month. As i am short of 10 months to complete 10 years and have no other choice but to apply human right application.

As i am not full filling the requirements of 276 ADE. It is highly likely that my visa will be refused.

I want longer hearing dates, and i live in small city where hearing dates come more quickly than big city like london.

So my question is

if i hire a solicitor from london which address i need to put in on my application form?????

which address determine my hearing place my address or my solicitor address????????

Hearing place determine by initial application address or address which u put on appeal form????

Kindly answer my questions ASAP.

Regards
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

malik15

Post by malik15 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:38 pm

Guys can someone please tell me how to notify home office of address change?

Regards

shahsahab

Post by shahsahab » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:54 pm

Hi all

Can anyone plz tell me how long you can delay biometric maximum.

Regards

Shahsahab

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:05 pm

Time limit is always written on the Bio letter. I think its two weeks.....

shahsahab wrote:Hi all

Regards

Shahsahab
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:07 pm

malik15 wrote:Guys can someone please tell me how to notify home office of address change?

Regards
Hi Malik15,
Please go to the link bellow and follow the instruction, the form for change of address, and change of address of the Legal Representative is the same . Fill the online form and send it to Home office. The link is

https://contact-ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... p-details/
I hope it helps.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahsahab

Post by shahsahab » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:35 pm

Thanx

Some on the forum was saying deley biometrics as much as you can to reach ten years. I think the guy had 30 days less in ten year. Is there any option is available?

Regards
Shahsahab

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:46 pm

prem_singh123 wrote:Kindly update my time line
Application sent today for ILR. I will update once I get the acknowledgment and biometric invitation.
Thanks and good luck to all
Can some one update my details on skydive got the acknowledgment letter today. Thanks and good luck to all including me

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:06 am

KashRIz wrote:Time limit is always written on the Bio letter. I think its two weeks.....

Regards

Shahsahab
Hi my solicitor advised me to delay my wives bio until i get result for my application.. if you with solicitor they should know the technique.. in my cases.. they suggested to write letter to HO every 15-20 days with some different reason.

when you get 1st letter wait for 14 days and ring them and say PO cna not scan the bio matric.

when you get 2nd letter wait for 14 days and ring again and say you have not yet received the BIo - can you re-send it.

you can use these techniques few times, i think you can easily delay for 2-3 months by then.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:58 am

Hi everyone

I have called two days ago to check status of my application it was told me that your documents been delivered to solicitor firms, still I not managed to hold solicitor is there any other way what decision they send me, From Home office, mostly they not tell on normal contact office.
Really stress, waiting from OCT 2012

Any one have experience like this, your valuable advise will be great.
Regards
Amjad leeds

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:11 am

Hi
Rather than stressing yourself why don't you go to your solicitor office if they are not answering your call.
You need to be proactive as this is your important matter so my advice is go to your solicitor office ASAP

amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone

I have called two days ago to check status of my application it was told me that your documents been delivered to solicitor firms, still I not managed to hold solicitor is there any other way what decision they send me, From Home office, mostly they not tell on normal contact office.

Regards
Amjad leeds

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:13 am

amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone

Regards
Amjad leeds
Hi

you been telling from your last week your decision was sent to solicitor that's so unprofessional by your solicitor why don't u visit ur solicitor office.

Good luck

ik_aam_insaan

Post by ik_aam_insaan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:25 am

2 days of relaxation and long sleep :)
Now i have to apply for my wife flr m do i have to show income threshold or not as she is my dependent since 2011. And she still got a valid leave till 2016 can i delay her flr m for 5-6 months ? We dont plan on travelling yet but some one told you have to apply within 28 days? Please advise thx
Date of App: 07/04/2015
Date of Receipt by UKVI: 08/04/2015
Date of Fees taken: 29/04/2015
Date of Acknowledgment: 07/05/2015
Date of Biometrics Received and Done: 07/05/2015
Date of Approval: 21/09/2015 received ( 23/05/2015)
Date of Ceremony:

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:16 am

ik_aam_insaan wrote:2 days of relaxation and long sleep :)
Now i have to apply for my wife flr m do i have to show income threshold or not as she is my dependent since 2011. And she still got a valid leave till 2016 can i delay her flr m for 5-6 months ? We dont plan on travelling yet but some one told you have to apply within 28 days? Please advise thx

FLR(M) Guidence notes Sec 21 (D) , Page 6. confirms

d) You need to meet the financial requirement if you made your first application to enter or remain here as a partner after 9th July 2012.

Ref: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf.

If you are not travelling, I believe you can delay as dependent stay is still valid. But some may differes with this comment. I think SSWZ applied after few months time and was valid.If you dig last 20 pages, you will get right picture.
And also one of my friend also applied FLR(M) approx after 6 months due to her valid status, But he had ILR on 5 years basis (Tier1). The concept is the same.Expertise may shed more light on it.

But I personally suggest to apply asap,if nothing stopping you and get out of this away. Never relay HO.

Stay mum
Newly Registered

Post by Stay mum » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:02 pm

Hi
Pls help. I applied for ilr in March and am on maternity leave.

My maternity leave ends 22 April and my baby is not settling in at nursery so I am considering not going back.

Problem is I have a tier 2 visa - my employer sponsored me. Will this risk my ilr application?

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:12 pm

Did you apply for ILR on long residence or 10 year basis ?
Stay mum wrote:Hi

My maternity leave ends 22 April and my baby is not settling in at nursery so I am considering not going back.

Problem is I have a tier 2 visa - my employer sponsored me. Will this risk my ilr application?

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:13 pm

Regards

Shahsahab
Hi Shahsahab,
Yes you could delay it by calling on the 14th day, and saying that the barcode is not scanning, and asking for a new letter. Once you receive the new one leave it for another 10-14 days, and call again to say that it is not scanning again. At that point they will give you an option to come thought to one of the offices and record your biometric details there, or they could send you another biometric letter, and that could probably delay it for a month or so in total.
The above is my genuine experience and when the second letter's barcode didn't work than I have to go to the Croydon Home office to record it, because in my case I wanted it done on the quick rather than delay it.
But Shahsahab if you don't mind sharing with us why do you want the biometric details delayed ??? It might help others in similar situations. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:24 pm

Stay mum wrote:Hi

Hi Stay mum,
If you are applying for ILR on 10 years long residency bases, means to say SET(LR) application than you don't need to show any income or job for that. What you need is
1. All your passports covering your 10 years stay in the country.
2. Your biometric card
3. Two photos of yours
4. Life in UK Test pass results.
5. English language capability, either a test result or degree from a UK university.

But if your case for ILR is based on your Tier2 visa than obviously you can't leave the job and claim ILR on the bases of that, as you have to satisfy the same rules of Tier2 visa that your satisfied the last time you applied for that status.
I hope it helps. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee