ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help... :(

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nav84
Newly Registered

Please help... :(

Post by nav84 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:53 am

Can any one tell me what is the next bit I need to do...
Below is the attached letter i got from UKBA;

Your application for entry clearance/leave to remain under paragraph EC-P.1.1 of Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules has been considered. Your application falls to be refused solely because you do not meet the income threshold requirement under Appendix FM and the related evidential requirements under Appendix FM-SE.

As your sponsor was not due to take up his new employment until after the date you submitted your application, you are required to show he earned above the income threshold in the twelve months prior to your application. I acknowledge that you have demonstrated his earnings exceeded the threshold by submitting pay slips and bank statements however you are also required to submit a letter from the employer who issued the pay slips as follows:

Employment letter(s)who issued the pay slips (must show all of the following):
*employment and gross annual salary,
*length of employment,
*period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application,
*employment type (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

You have not submitted a letter as required containing these details. A decision on your application has therefore been put on hold until the Courts have decided the outcome of the Secretary of State’s appeal in a legal challenge to the income threshold requirement. More information about this hold on decisions is set out on the Home Office’s Immigration website.

Your application will be reviewed and a decision taken on it once the outcome of the legal challenge is known. This may not be for several months at least.

In the meantime, if you submit any further information or document(s), it must relate directly to the reasons given above as to why you do not meet the income threshold requirement. It must also relate only to your circumstances, and/or those of your sponsor, as they were at the date of your application, or in the relevant period(s) prior to that date. If, on the basis of this further information or document(s), your application meets all the requirements of the Immigration Rules, a decision will be taken on your application and it will be granted.

Alternatively, you can withdraw your application at any time (and any document(s) submitted with it will be returned to you) or you can pay the relevant application fee and make a fresh application. You may wish to consider doing so for example if you wish to rely on a change in circumstances since the date of your application or on the fact a requirement relating to a period of time (for example, in respect of employment or cash savings) is now met which was not met at the date of the application. If you withdraw your application, you will not be refunded the application fee.

Yours sincerely

Do i just send them the additional letter from my emplyer.. or do I have to appeal...

I earn £27500 as a basic pay and with overtime i earned nearly £36000 over that year. i included 13 months or payslips and 13 months or bank statements to prve it. and noe they need a letter as well from my employer stating the damn obivious..

Any help would be much appreiated..

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Please help... :(

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:07 am

Submit the following as advised:
Employment letter(s)who issued the pay slips (must show all of the following):
*employment and gross annual salary,
*length of employment,
*period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application,
*employment type (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

There's no point in appealing. Your application hasn't been refused as such, it's been put on hold pending a decision from the High Court ruling on the financial requirement. Bear in mind that last December there were 3,000 applications on hold for this reason. The estimate of 'several months' is extremely optimistic.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

nav84
Newly Registered

Post by nav84 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:15 am

isint the requirement like 18600 something... i have even attached a P60 that showes my earning for that year...

I earnred twice that and on a permanent job.... what else do they need...

13months of payslip 13 months of bank statements... and p60 ...all given

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:18 am

nav84 wrote:isint the requirement like 18600 something... i have even attached a P60 that showes my earling for that year...

13months of payslip 13 months of bank statements... and p60 ...
If you didn't show the Employment Letter then you application is invalid.

If I were you I'd withdraw it and reapply with all the information need per the guidance notes.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

nav84
Newly Registered

Post by nav84 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:22 am

I was in between jobs at that time...

i did however attach a letter from new employer stating all that info they needed....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:14 am

Reapplying would mean paying another fee.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:16 am

Just get a employment letter from your current employer ASAP and send it. That's all they need!

fn286

Post by fn286 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:21 pm

nav84 wrote:isint the requirement like 18600 something... i have even attached a P60 that showes my earning for that year...

13months of payslip 13 months of bank statements... and p60 ...all given
Sorry to hear... sometimes small mistakes and lack of information gets you into trouble...

Let me clear one thing... p60 has ZERO value for home office...infact less than zero -1 may be.... because anyone can print p60 ... even I can print p60 for you for a salary of £100,000.

If you want your case to be strong... request employer details from HMRC showing your previous earnings and taxes paid during tax year 2013/2014. This HMRC will be a slap on visa officer's face...

BUT BUT....if you're HMRC will not show earnings you have declared then you know best...........but I know you do earn what you say...

Employer letter is the most important document...especially if you're job is less than 6 months old... Giving them employer letter will help too... but like I said...slap on visa officers face ... HMRC takes only a weeks time...

all the best...

qonqo
Newly Registered

Post by qonqo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:41 am

Can someone please provide an example of what an employer's letter should be like? And does it need to be on a Letterhead paper etc?

Thanks a lot

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:38 am

Casa's post states everything the letter needs to say. It can be just bullet points or paragraphs - just as long as it has those details. And yes, on headed paper.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:35 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

harpreetjagdey
- thin ice -

Post by harpreetjagdey » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:32 pm

The employer letter I submitted had a table of monthly gross and annual salaries. As I receive electronic pay slips, letter also mentioned that the payslips are authentic and reflects the tabulated salary.

Signed by HR director.

Hope this helps

qonqo
Newly Registered

Post by qonqo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:26 pm

Thank you so much

nav84
Newly Registered

Post by nav84 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:40 am

HI Guys,

I had had an email from the embassy it says, "I am writing to inform that a decision has been made and the passport will be despatched shortly.".. but it doesnt say what the decsion is.. and the VFS application status has not been updated either... i am sweating guys... is there anyway to find what the decision is..??

nav84
Newly Registered

Post by nav84 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:18 pm

hi guys,

Just got a txt saying " Processed visa application ref XXXX/XXX........ courired to you via Blue Dart.

Is this a regect or accept... nothing is specified... :(

nav84
Newly Registered

Re: Got it... :)

Post by nav84 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:47 pm

Go the Visa... :D :D

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:29 pm

Congrats to you and all those who helped, I've read n watched how it unfolded as those who know better responded.
Nothing feels good than making impacts in other people's life n this forum has been astounding!
These are issues lawyers will be paid thousands of pounds without even caring if one wins or loses.
Happy for you!congrats

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:55 pm

Really good news. Congratulations...now you can relax. By the way, I know just how it feels and I'm on here due to fellow moderator John's advice six years ago which guided my husband through his FLR(M) application. :)
(Casa, not CR001)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:05 pm

Congratulations!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

nav84
Newly Registered

Post by nav84 » Thu May 01, 2014 8:57 am

Thank you all for you help and advices.... Made my journey a little bit easier.. :) Thank you again... Now i cant wait to fly... :D :D