ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Stay mum
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Stay mum » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:34 pm

die_hard wrote:Did you apply for ILR on long residence or 10 year basis ?
Stay mum wrote:Hi
Pls help. I applied for ilr in March and am on maternity leave.

My maternity leave ends 22 April and my baby is not settling in at nursery so I am considering not going back.

Problem is I have a tier 2 visa - my employer sponsored me. Will this risk my ilr application?

Yes it was 10 yr basis

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:36 pm

Then you don't have to worry as you would have already completed 10 years legal stay in this country when you applied for the ILR.
Stay mum wrote:
die_hard wrote:Did you apply for ILR on long residence or 10 year basis ?

My maternity leave ends 22 April and my baby is not settling in at nursery so I am considering not going back.

Problem is I have a tier 2 visa - my employer sponsored me. Will this risk my ilr application?

Yes it was 10 yr basis

Stay mum
Newly Registered

Post by Stay mum » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi

My concern is whether I am meant to still be on tier 2 while they are considering my 10 yr ilr application. Could they say I am not here legally if I don't go back to employer till my application gets approved

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:41 pm

No, but when you submitted the application you have already completed 10 years legal stay. It doesn't matter if your Tier 2 is revoked after 10 years legal stay.

My concern is whether I am meant to still be on tier 2 while they are considering my 10 yr ilr application. Could they say I am not here legally if I don't go back to employer till my application gets approved

Stay mum
Newly Registered

Post by Stay mum » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:44 pm

die_hard wrote:No, but when you submitted the application you have already completed 10 years legal stay. It doesn't matter if your Tier 2 is revoked after 10 years legal stay.

Great that makes sense thanks a lot guys. This forum is very helpful.

Stay mum
Newly Registered

Post by Stay mum » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:45 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:

Hi Stay mum,
If you are applying for ILR on 10 years long residency bases, means to say SET(LR) application than you don't need to show any income or job for that. What you need is
1. All your passports covering your 10 years stay in the country.
2. Your biometric card
3. Two photos of yours
4. Life in UK Test pass results.
5. English language capability, either a test result or degree from a UK university.

But if your case for ILR is based on your Tier2 visa than obviously you can't leave the job and claim ILR on the bases of that, as you have to satisfy the same rules of Tier2 visa that your satisfied the last time you applied for that status.
I hope it helps. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Many thanks shahjee

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:30 pm

Stay mum wrote:
shahjee1234 wrote:

Hi Stay mum,
If you are applying for ILR on 10 years long residency bases, means to say SET(LR) application than you don't need to show any income or job for that. What you need is
1. All your passports covering your 10 years stay in the country.
2. Your biometric card
3. Two photos of yours
4. Life in UK Test pass results.
5. English language capability, either a test result or degree from a UK university.

But if your case for ILR is based on your Tier2 visa than obviously you can't leave the job and claim ILR on the bases of that, as you have to satisfy the same rules of Tier2 visa that your satisfied the last time you applied for that status.
I hope it helps. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Many thanks shahjee
Although you are safe even your sponsor cancel your sponsorship but try to prolong your leave. Send further leave application to your sponsor on 20 april then spend time in written conversation. Just one policy BUY THE TIME.
Once BRP with settlement in your hand then relax.

Thanks

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:53 pm

Didnt listen any good news today ??????????

any body received something ?????? Approval BRP etc ????? :wink:

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:17 pm

die_hard wrote:No, but when you submitted the application you have already completed 10 years legal stay. It doesn't matter if your Tier 2 is revoked after 10 years legal stay.

Fully agree with die_hard.
Regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

wandali
Kenya

Post by wandali » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi everyone

I had applied for the entrepreneur visa in 2012 which was refused and I was given the right to appeal which I did. I went for my hearing on March 2014 and today I received a letter saying that my appeal has been dismissed but I have the permission to appeal to the Upper Tribunal. I will be clocking 10 years on 24th April, what should I do? apply for the ILR or lodge the appeal?
I have just booked the life in UK test which I will be doing on 22/04/14 what should I do. Please help

Thanks inadvance

jimi1000
Newly Registered

Post by jimi1000 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:47 pm

Application Sent:27/01/2014
Payment Taken out:31/01/2014
Ackn letter:05/02/2014
Bio letter rec:28/02/2014
Biometrics enrll:28/02/2014
Approval:Waiting

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:59 pm

jimi1000 wrote:Application Sent:27/01/2014
Payment Taken out:31/01/2014
Ackn letter:05/02/2014
Bio letter rec:28/02/2014
Biometrics enrll:28/02/2014
Approval:Waiting
Sky Drive updated, Good Luck.

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:27 pm

Lodge your appeal in upper tribunal with in time limit given.......and once you are eligible for Long residency apply your application and withdraw your apeal from upper tribunal.
wandali wrote:Hi everyone

I had applied for the entrepreneur visa in 2012 which was refused and I was given the right to appeal which I did. I went for my hearing on March 2014 and today I received a letter saying that my appeal has been dismissed but I have the permission to appeal to the Upper Tribunal. I will be clocking 10 years on 24th April, what should I do? apply for the ILR or lodge the appeal?
I have just booked the life in UK test which I will be doing on 22/04/14 what should I do. Please help

Thanks inadvance
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:30 pm

Well....not a good week at all....last week we had 15 approvals and this week only 5......I was expecting god news but nothing yet....Well lets hope for next week .....

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:07 pm

Hardikjshah83 wrote:
KashRIz wrote:Time limit is always written on the Bio letter. I think its two weeks.....

shahsahab wrote:Hi all

Can anyone plz tell me how long you can delay biometric maximum.

Regards

Shahsahab
Hi my solicitor advised me to delay my wives bio until i get result for my application.. if you with solicitor they should know the technique.. in my cases.. they suggested to write letter to HO every 15-20 days with some different reason.

when you get 1st letter wait for 14 days and ring them and say PO cna not scan the bio matric.

when you get 2nd letter wait for 14 days and ring again and say you have not yet received the BIo - can you re-send it.

you can use these techniques few times, i think you can easily delay for 2-3 months by then.
@Hardikjshah @shahsahab

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf

See page 48 and 49 of 130

Also see page 74 75 76 and 77 of 130.

Regards
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

azka

Post by azka » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:34 pm

BY the Grace Of Allah I have received my ILR on the basis of Long Residency My timeline is given below , one of my friend whose timeline is exactly same he applied on 17th january 2014 received Brp and approval letter yesterday, I would like to thank to all of those people who share thier experience and valuable information on this forum and saved us lot of money to waist on solicitors. special thanks to Vinny and Amber and many more ........

Application Sent:17/01/2014
Payment Taken out:21/01/2014
Ackn letter:24/01/2014
Bio letter rec:03/02/2014
Biometrics enrll:03/02/2014
Approval letter and brp received today at 11/04/2014
date on approval letter and brp is 09/04/2014

HowILR

Post by HowILR » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:50 pm

Did any one receive any acknowledgement letter for FLR(m) who applied before 6th of April ???? especially on who sent flr(m) 3rd,4th and 5th under the old rules...........

shahsahab

Post by shahsahab » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:14 pm

Thanks for you help shah jee.

The reason I was asking how to delay biometric is I am actullay planning to apply for ilr on ten years basis in aug 14. My wife is dependant on me . We both have valid visa till 6 mar 2015. My wife is with me for last nine years. After this new law I am planning to apply first and then my wife will complete her own ten years in apr 2015. There will be 35 days gap ( that's after 28 days) to reach ten years.

Someone on the forum shared with me that get my own ilr first and then apply wife's later. Then very grounds etc. I don't know what to do.

Let's say if I apply my wife's ilr before time and then delay biometric . Is it some thing that make sense or can home office just return her application straightaway without inviting her for biometric .

Shahgee , vinnay and sswsz ur advice will be very helpful

Regards

Shahsahab

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:31 pm

I applied on 5th Money taken out on 8th...still waiting for acknowldgement..................
HowILR wrote:Did any one receive any acknowledgement letter for FLR(m) who applied before 6th of April ???? especially on who sent flr(m) 3rd,4th and 5th under the old rules...........

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:01 pm

Hi everyone
I have applied ILR OCT 2012, received decision they gave me discretionary leave instead of ILR even charge me for ILR.
During 2005 they made case working allegation and not studying , actual I was studying and working part time, at that time my visa was valid until March 2006, they want me to send back to my country, no right of appeal, case went to court , they gave me right of appeal, case went to court mean while my visa expired my solicitor highlight on 10 April we can apply for extension visa even case in court, they refuse application due to out of time and your case in court, case carry on March 2007 they took case back before full court hearing, and agree in front of judge reinstate all previous decision, even paid me ex- gratia payment. Afterward I got all visa, I have spend on tier 1 three and half years. Clearly 3D applied in my case. Even court allow me to stay first place until September 2006.
I have applied ILR oct 2012 and my family applied FLRO they refused before my decision case went to court, judge allowed appeal , my family received discretionary leave before me and now I have received too. My kids here nine and half years,
I was well off to extend visa tier 1 and next year will get ILR on that basis, now again I have to wait three more to complete again ten years.
Still I have not received original document, I want to go for JR, It is not my fault , Home office made case and took back. Please guys advise me .
Your views and discussion will be really appreciate. Still thank God I have status to live and work
Regards
Amjad leeds

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:45 pm

KashRIz wrote:Lodge your appeal in upper tribunal with in time limit given.......and once you are eligible for Long residency apply your application and withdraw your apeal from upper tribunal.
wandali wrote:Hi everyone

Thanks inadvance
Hi Wandali,
I fully agree with KashRIz. Absolutely correct. Don't delay your appeal to the upper tribunal, that is vital, and you will complete your 10 years in the mean while. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:51 pm

KashRIz wrote:I applied on 5th Money taken out on 8th...still waiting for acknowldgement..................
HowILR wrote:Did any one receive any acknowledgement letter for FLR(m) who applied before 6th of April ???? especially on who sent flr(m) 3rd,4th and 5th under the old rules...........
I applied for my Mrs and two kids on the 02nd April 2014, acknowledgement received yesterday 10th April, and biometric invitation received today 11th April 2014. Thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:56 pm

Hi everyone
I have applied ILR OCT 2012, received decision they gave me discretionary leave instead of ILR even charge me for ILR.
During 2005 they made case working allegation and not studying , actual I was studying and working part time, at that time my visa was valid until March 2006, they want me to send back to my country, no right of appeal, case went to court , they gave me right of appeal, case went to court mean while my visa expired my solicitor highlight on 10 April we can apply for extension visa even case in court, they refuse application due to out of time and your case in court, case carry on March 2007 they took case back before full court hearing, and agree in front of judge reinstate all previous decision, even paid me ex- gratia payment. Afterward I got all visa, I have spend on tier 1 three and half years. Clearly 3D applied in my case. Even court allow me to stay first place until September 2006.
I have applied ILR oct 2012 and my family applied FLRO they refused before my decision case went to court, judge allowed appeal , my family received discretionary leave before me and now I have received too. My kids here nine and half years,
I was well off to extend visa tier 1 and next year will get ILR on that basis, now again I have to wait three more to complete again ten years.
Still I have not received original document, I want to go for JR, It is not my fault , Home office made case and took back. Please guys advise me .
Your views and discussion will be really appreciate. Still thank God I have status to live and work
Regards
Amjad leeds

weaklink
Newly Registered

Post by weaklink » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:13 pm

Hi All,

Application for ILR (LR)

Application Date: 21st Jan 2014
Payment: 24th Jan 2014
BRP Rec: 4th Feb 2014
BRP Done: 5th Feb 2014
Approval still waiting

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:32 pm

SSWSZ wrote:this is the mail from ho regarding pre july applicants and it says you can combine pbs leave with flr to get ilr.put wait for some one else to clarify more.
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email, I apologise for the delay in responding.

1. If a person has been granted ILR on the basis of 10 years long residence, their spouse can no longer be considered as a PBS dependant, and they must apply for an extension of stay as the partner of a settled person on application form FLR(M). A person here as a PBS dependant would not be able to meet the settlement requirements of the spouse rules if they were to apply directly, without first applying for limited leave to remain on form FLR(M).

2. As long as the spouse was granted leave to enter or remain as the dependant of a PBS migrant prior to 9 July 2012, then the spouse can be considered under the transitional Part 8 rules for further leave to remain as the spouse of a settled person under Paragraph 284. These Part 8 rules do not include the Financial Requirements (including earnings over £18,600) you have mentioned, however they do require an applicant to be adequately maintained and accommodated without recourse to public funds. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

3. A spouse can combine any leave as a PBS dependant with leave as the partner of a settled person granted under Part 8, to meet the qualifying period under paragraph 287 of the Immigration Rules, which is 2 years. They will need to satisfy all the requirements of these rules, including the English language requirement. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ansitional provisions and http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uage-life/.

4. A spouse meeting the above requirements can consequently apply for settlement at any point after they have competed 2 years in a combination of these 2 categories (PBS dependant and spouse of a settled person).

I trust this clarifies the situation.

Kind Regards,

Karen.

Karen Joynt | Family Migration Operational Policy | Immigration and Border Policy Directorate | Home Office

Which email address did you send your enquiry to UKBA?
N/A