ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jahid2014
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by jahid2014 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:49 pm

Thanks for your reply, I will try your way.

beatledud
Newly Registered

Post by beatledud » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:53 pm

Ali12035 wrote:Mate Could you share your Time line
Feb 13 - Mailled EEA2 Application (Married) via Royal Mail Special Delivery
Feb 14 - Application was delivered.
Feb 19 - Received confirmation letter dated Feb 17.
Feb 19 - A £55 charge was withdrawn and labeled EURO LIVERPOOL. I assume this is my app fee.
Feb 20 - Receive COA WITH Right to Work dated Feb 19.
Feb 24 - Requested wife's passport via new online form (done late at night).
Feb 28 - Wife's passport delivered (with letter dated Feb 26).
Apr 03 - I called HO on new phone line. Person said a decision was made on Mar 28 and wasn't sure why it hadn't been sent (but other timelines here suggest a delay of 5-8 days before receiving). It appears the decision is "positive" he says.
Apr 10 - I called HO again. Person confirmed decision was made on Mar 28 but couldn't allude to what that decision was. It appeared as it was due to go out today (but last week the guy was confused about a similar note).

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:31 pm

beatledud wrote:
Ali12035 wrote:Mate Could you share your Time line
Feb 13 - Mailled EEA2 Application (Married) via Royal Mail Special Delivery
Feb 19 - A £55 charge was withdrawn and labeled EURO LIVERPOOL. I assume this is my app fee.
Apr 03 - I called HO on new phone line. Person said a decision was made on Mar 28 and wasn't sure why it hadn't been sent (but other timelines here suggest a delay of 5-8 days before receiving). It appears the decision is "positive" he says.
Apr 10 - I called HO again. Person confirmed decision was made on Mar 28 but couldn't allude to what that decision was. It appeared as it was due to go out today (but last week the guy was confused about a similar note).
Thanks Mate for your reply..I hope it should help for other user's.

sarahfromoz
Newly Registered

Post by sarahfromoz » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:43 am

Here is my timeline:

Posted the application 11 February 2014
Payment taken within 2-3 days
COA received 20 February 2014
Submitted request for husband's EU passport immediately
Husband's EU passport returned 26 February 2014 (I had enclosed a 1st class envelope)
RC received 10 April 2014. Yippee!!

We have been married 2 years and living at the same address in the UK for 18 months, husband (Italian) is self-employed. I'm Australian. I had included our two passports (plus an old passport of mine with my current Tier 5 visa), marriage certificate, letter from our landlord, certificate of business registration and 12 months of business bank statements. My old passport and the marriage certificate were not returned so I need to follow up.

Good luck everyone!

beatledud
Newly Registered

Post by beatledud » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:26 am

sarahfromoz wrote:Here is my timeline:

Posted the application 11 February 2014
Payment taken within 2-3 days
COA received 20 February 2014
Submitted request for husband's EU passport immediately
Husband's EU passport returned 26 February 2014 (I had enclosed a 1st class envelope)
RC received 10 April 2014. Yippee!!

We have been married 2 years and living at the same address in the UK for 18 months, husband (Italian) is self-employed. I'm Australian. I had included our two passports (plus an old passport of mine with my current Tier 5 visa), marriage certificate, letter from our landlord, certificate of business registration and 12 months of business bank statements. My old passport and the marriage certificate were not returned so I need to follow up.

Good luck everyone!
Can you include the date on your RC?

EkatNYC
Newly Registered

Post by EkatNYC » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:53 pm

I am a US citizen and my husband is Dutch, with a permanent job in the UK. I recently applied for EEA2 and below is the timeline. We have been married a year and living at the same address in the UK for 4 months. I had included our two passports, marriage certificate, council tax and energy utility bill, letter from his employer and the last 5 payslips.

March 31 - Mailed EEA2 Application (Married) via Royal Mail Special Delivery
April 1 - Application was delivered.
April 2 – Requested both our passports back via online form.
April 2 - A £55 charge was withdrawn and labelled EURO LIVERPOOL.
April 5 - Received confirmation letter dated April 4.
April 11 – Both passports delivered without any stamps (with letter dated April 8). The letter says:

“Your Passport is being returned to enable you to travel.
Family members of an EEA national, who are not themselves EEA nationals, wishing to return to the United Kingdom should apply for an EEA family permit at a British diplomatic post abroad, before returning to this country. An EEA family permit is issues free of charge and on a priority bases.
It should be noted that any such application would need to be supported by evidence to show that the EEA national is in the United Kingdom, is exercising Treaty rights, and that the relationship is as claimed.
Please do not return your Passport to the Home Office until it has been requested by a caseworker.”

So, I hope to receive the COA WITH the right to work sometime soon. Otherwise we are planning to travel at the end of the month. If I do not receive the COA by then would I need to get the Code 1a stamp at the boarder? Should I have waited until I got the COA to request the passports back?
Also, does this mean that I have to send back my passport to the Home Office for the stamp and how long does it take? Did I make a mistake by requesting the passports back so soon?
Excuse my ignorance, but I guess unlike the US where the residency card is an actual card, is the RC in the UK just a stamp and no card?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:09 pm

It's a vignette normally placed in your passport. Since you have requested your passports back, you will get yours on an A4 piece of paper. They're both the same thing, but the A4 piece of paper is a little more hassle as you have to look after 2 different documents, instead of only a passport.

Don't worry about it though. Sounds like everything is progressing normally.

Don't think you will have a problem returning to the UK as you are a non-visa required national AND if you are traveling with your spouse you will not be refused entry. Just make sure you carry some proof what your spouse is doing in the UK (e.g. contract/pay slips or other evidence of work) and your marriage cert. Also take the letters from the Home Office as proof that you have already applied for EEA2。

Shouldn't be an issue!

EkatNYC
Newly Registered

Post by EkatNYC » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:00 pm

chaoclive wrote:It's a vignette normally placed in your passport. Since you have requested your passports back, you will get yours on an A4 piece of paper. They're both the same thing, but the A4 piece of paper is a little more hassle as you have to look after 2 different documents, instead of only a passport.

Don't worry about it though. Sounds like everything is progressing normally.

Don't think you will have a problem returning to the UK as you are a non-visa required national AND if you are travelling with your spouse you will not be refused entry. Just make sure you carry some proof what your spouse is doing in the UK (e.g. contract/pay slips or other evidence of work) and your marriage cert. Also take the letters from the Home Office as proof that you have already applied for EEA2。

Shouldn't be an issue!
Thank you very much for your reply!!! Much appreciated and very helpful! Will post any new developments :)

rom_lon
Newly Registered

Post by rom_lon » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:43 am

Hi everybody,

I received the RC today! Here's the timeline of our application.

Sent: 14/02/2014 Married (EEA1&2)
Received: 17/02/2014
Confirmation Letter Sent: 18/02/2014
COA sent: 26/02/2014 (With right to work)
Passports requested: 15/03/2014
Passports received: 17/03/2014
RC issued: 31/03/2014
RC received: 11/04/2014

Finally the nightmare is over! This is the second time we applied as the first time it was rejected as invalid due to problems with the payments. I wish you all good luck with your applications... Thanks for everything! :)

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:48 am

rom_lon wrote:Hi everybody,

Finally the nightmare is over! This is the second time we applied as the first time it was rejected as invalid due to problems with the payments. I wish you all good luck with your applications... Thanks for everything! :)
Congratulations Mate, Could you write here which Nationality you Both are plz?

rom_lon
Newly Registered

Post by rom_lon » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:53 am

Ali12035 wrote:

Congratulations Mate, Could you write here which Nationality you Both are plz?
Cheers mate, I am Sri Lankan and my wife is Italian.

amish786
Newly Registered

Post by amish786 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:14 pm

Hi everybody,

Can I apply for new pakistani passport as my passport has expired while waiting of EEA2 residency card Home Office.Can I go to consulate passport pakistan show them COA and passport photocopy to make new passport is this acceptable, Please advise.

sam0044
Newly Registered

Post by sam0044 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:34 pm

amish786 wrote:Hi everybody,

Can I apply for new pakistani passport as my passport has expired while waiting of EEA2 residency card Home Office.Can I go to consulate passport pakistan show them COA and passport photocopy to make new passport is this acceptable, Please advise.
What date you applied for your eea2 mate?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:52 pm

Well done Rom.

Can I just check: what was the problem with the payment? Were there issues with your card? It seems that a number of people have been having these problems recently...

amish786
Newly Registered

Post by amish786 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:26 pm

Thanks for your reply
I applied on 23 December 2013.

GD25
Newly Registered

Post by GD25 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:42 pm

masterk wrote:Hi good people got a call from my solicitor today that my rc had been issued so I thought it would be nice to share my timeline as others have done.

Eea 1 and 2 submitted in August
Application fee charged 3 days after
Wife eea 1 was issued in September
I got my coa in November eea2
Finally I got my rc today which means it was issued in December

Thanks.
My wife is on holiday so I'm going to join thank GOD I don't need a visa.

Congratulations! That's was quick :-)

How does one apply for Residence Card (RC) through a solicitor? Does it make things easier having a solicitor? I will be travelling to UK on my EEA family permit which is valid for 6 months, and will be applying for my RC during that period. Do you recommend I hire a solicitor? If affirmative, please could you suggest the solicitor you used? Many thanks & best regards...

GD25
Newly Registered

Post by GD25 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:58 pm

Ali12035 wrote:

Congratulations!

That was very quick :-)

I heard the processing time takes around 4 months or longer. Did you apply via post? Did you hire a solicitor? I'm planning to apply for my residence card in a couple of months? What are the documents you submitted?

Thanks.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:27 pm

Not many people need to use a solicitor for EEA2. Please see above for lists of documents that people provided. The documents are specific to the type of treaty rights that your EEA family member is exercising. Might be an idea to read the comments above first and then post if you have questions.

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:47 pm

chaoclive wrote:Not many people need to use a solicitor for EEA2. Please see above for lists of documents that people provided. The documents are specific to the type of treaty rights that your EEA family member is exercising. Might be an idea to read the comments above first and then post if you have questions.
I applied for EEA2 on 11 March, COA Received on 17 March 2014.

My EEA national spouse got her EEA1 Card in Person from Croydon and they call her employer on same day, On 05 March and I submitted with my EEA2 Application with pay slips, Bank statment, etc........

Any idea that they will call again her employer for my EEA2 & How long it should take time?

Thanks

barin
Newly Registered

Post by barin » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:27 pm

Can anyone give advise on how to go about eea2 paper appeal and the timeline please?

beatledud
Newly Registered

Post by beatledud » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:01 pm

RC was received this Saturday!!!

Feb 13 - Mailled EEA2 Application (Married) via Royal Mail Special Delivery.
Apr 03 - I called HO on new phone line. Person said a decision was made on Mar 28 and wasn't sure why it hadn't been sent and to call in a week if I hadn't received.
Apr 10 - I called HO again. It appeared as it was due to go out that day.
Apr 12 - RC received on a Saturday via RM Special Delivery that I originally included. RC is dated Mar 28. All documentation was returned to me.

It appears the RCs sit around for most people before being mailed out. Mine sat around for what appears to be a week more than most. Also they stated it was mailed on Thursday the 10th, but RM never updated their tracking. It must not have actually been mailed until Friday the 11th and RM updated tracking late at night since I was checking until 6pm on Friday. It was delivered next day on a Saturday before 1pm though.

Overall though, I received it 1 day short of 2 months from mailing it off. They definetely have upped their turn around times since the new year. Good for them!

amish786
Newly Registered

Post by amish786 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:08 pm

sam0044 wrote:
amish786 wrote:Hi everybody,

What date you applied for your eea2 mate?

Sasha89
Newly Registered

Post by Sasha89 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:55 pm

Hi all,

My partner and I have applied for an EEA2 (unmarried) visa early November 2013. It has now been 5 months since we applied. We have received the COA in December 2013 but still no RC. Looking at everyone's replies on this forum, I have noticed that a lot of people are getting their RC's whom have applied in February 2014 and mostly married. I have seen some unmarried receiving their RC's in 2014 as well but not as frequent as married ones.

Anyone who applied towards the end of 2013 for EEA2 (Unmarried) visa has received their RC or a refusal?

Just wondering if there is a problem with my application, why it is taking so long and if I'm the only one in this situation....

Many thanks to all for your reply!

Sasha

amish786
Newly Registered

Post by amish786 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:36 am

23 December my date of eea2 submission

vingthuit
Newly Registered

Post by vingthuit » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:08 am

Sent: 17/02/2014 Married (EEA2)
Confirmation Letter Sent: 19/02/2014
COA sent: 24/02/2014 (With right to work)
Passports requested: 31/03/2014
Passports received: 05/04/2014
RC issued: 03/04/2014
RC received: 14/04/2014

The RC or rather, a paper, is now just folded and kept in the pages. Does anybody know if it's possible to attach the RC to the passport?