ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change Tier 2 ICT Long Term Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nirmie
Newly Registered

Change Tier 2 ICT Long Term Visa

Post by Nirmie » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:44 pm

Hi All

I currently have a T2 ICT Long term visa with my current company; This expires in August 2015. I have just been offered a job in the UK from another company and would need to apply for a new T2 ICT visa. Is there a cooling off period after canceling my current visa before I apply for the new one? If not can I cancel my current visa and apply on a new CoS for my new visa? The last time I travelled on this visa was in November 2013.

Your help is appreciated

Nirmie

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Change Tier 2 ICT Long Term Visa

Post by manci » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:06 am

You can only switch to another T2 sponsor in-country (and it would have to be T2 General, not ICT) if you had T2 ICT leave before 6 April 2011, otherwise you have to return to your home country and apply for entry clearance after the end of the 1 year cooling-off period.

Nirmie
Newly Registered

Post by Nirmie » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:33 am

manci wrote:You can only switch to another T2 sponsor in-country (and it would have to be T2 General, not ICT) if you had T2 ICT leave before 6 April 2011, otherwise you have to return to your home country and apply for entry clearance after the end of the 1 year cooling-off period.
Hi Manci

Would this cooling off period be from cancellation of my current visa, last exit date from UK, or from the expiry date? Also, does entering the country on a T2 ICT visa for holiday purposes count as time in the UK for work?

Thanks in advanced

Nirmie

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:46 am

the 1 year cooling-off will start from the date you actually leave the UK. When your current job is terminated the sponsor will inform the HO and your visa will be curtailed to 60 days. You cannot return to the UK on a curtailed visa.

ilrcandidate
Newly Registered

Post by ilrcandidate » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:40 am

Apologies for jumping on like this but I thought this question is very much relevant here and benefit several others who are in a similar situation. The question is:

To avoid the cooling, can a person get his/her dependent spouse switch to tier 4 within country (if the spouse is here or apply for entry clearance if the spouse is in their home country), then return to his/her home country and come back to UK on a tier 4 dependent visa and accept the job. Then after the completion of 1 year, get the employer to sponsor him/her? Obviously there are chances that HO might refuse the tier 4 visa if the conditions are not satisfied, but I feel this option is worth trying.

Nirmie
Newly Registered

Post by Nirmie » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:03 pm

manci wrote:the 1 year cooling-off will start from the date you actually leave the UK. When your current job is terminated the sponsor will inform the HO and your visa will be curtailed to 60 days. You cannot return to the UK on a curtailed visa.
Hi manci

Thanks for all your help. Can you think of any other options I might have?

Nirmie
ilrcandidate wrote:Apologies for jumping on like this but I thought this question is very much relevant here and benefit several others who are in a similar situation. The question is:

To avoid the cooling, can a person get his/her dependent spouse switch to tier 4 within country (if the spouse is here or apply for entry clearance if the spouse is in their home country), then return to his/her home country and come back to UK on a tier 4 dependent visa and accept the job. Then after the completion of 1 year, get the employer to sponsor him/her? Obviously there are chances that HO might refuse the tier 4 visa if the conditions are not satisfied, but I feel this option is worth trying.
Hi ilrcandidate

Thanks for your suggestion. I will take this into consideration when looking at my other options

Nirmie

Nirmie
Newly Registered

Post by Nirmie » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:20 am

Hi All

I have a visa with my current company which expires in 2015. If there is a new a project in the UK, can I travel on my current visa to complete this project. This project will be a 3 year project with my current company. Can I travel on my current visa? If not, is there a cooling off period? If so, can I renew this visa in the UK? Please note that the last time I was in the UK was in November and have been in my host country since.

Your help is much appreciated

Nirmie