ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahjee1234

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:41 pm

shahsahab wrote:Thanks for you help shah jee.

The reason I was asking how to delay biometric is I am actullay planning to apply for ilr on ten years basis in aug 14. My wife is dependant on me . We both have valid visa till 6 mar 2015. My wife is with me for last nine years. After this new law I am planning to apply first and then my wife will complete her own ten years in apr 2015. There will be 35 days gap ( that's after 28 days) to reach ten years.

Someone on the forum shared with me that get my own ilr first and then apply wife's later. Then very grounds etc. I don't know what to do.

Let's say if I apply my wife's ilr before time and then delay biometric . Is it some thing that make sense or can home office just return her application straightaway without inviting her for biometric .

Shahgee , vinnay and sswsz ur advice will be very helpful

Regards

Shahsahab
Hi Shahsahab,
The right course of action for your wife's case is that, you apply your ILR first in August, and as you know the time line for the SET(LR) 10 years long residency applications at present is 3-4 months, so hopefully you will get your ILR by November or December the latest. Than it is the turn for your Mrs visa, although people argue that dependents should transfer to the dependents of a settled person status as soon as possible, but there are people on this forum(ssswz) who have even applied after 2 months and got their ILR straight forward. So you could wait to apply for her visa and than just one day before 06th March 2015, you will apply her FLR(M). Don't apply her ILR at that time. Pay the application fee through a cheque, which will take 5-7 days to clear and by the time you receive your wife's acknowledgement 10-12 days would have already passed, and you will be alright to apply for her ILR on a SET(LR) application form. At that point you need to send a new SET(LR) application for her and vary the grounds of the application, which you legally can, there shouldn't be a problem with that, and they will take her new application and as you have to pay another fee for SET(LR) that is absolutely fine as you could claim the other fee back, that should not be a problem. This way you stay safe and make sure that your applications are not too late or too early. I hope it helps. All the best with your applications mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

wandali
Kenya

Post by wandali » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:50 pm

[quote="shahjee1234"][quote="KashRIz"]Lodge your appeal in upper tribunal with in time limit given.......and once you are eligible for Long residency apply your application and withdraw your apeal from upper tribunal.

[quote="wandali"]Hi everyone

I had applied for the entrepreneur visa in 2012 which was refused and I was given the right to appeal which I did. I went for my hearing on March 2014 and today I received a letter saying that my appeal has been dismissed but I have the permission to appeal to the Upper Tribunal. I will be clocking 10 years on 24th April, what should I do? apply for the ILR or lodge the appeal?
I have just booked the life in UK test which I will be doing on 22/04/14 what should I do. Please help

Thanks inadvance[/quote][/quote]

Hi Wandali,
I fully agree with KashRIz. Absolutely correct. Don't delay your appeal to the upper tribunal, that is vital, and you will complete your 10 years in the mean while. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee[/quote]

[quote][quote][/quote][/quote]
Hi @shahjee1234 will do that, thanks for the advice

shahsahab

Post by shahsahab » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:55 pm

Thanks for your kindness shahjee, jazakallah

That sounds good. Can I ask u one more thing , my wife will need actually 35 days.do you think 35 days can be covered by applying flrm ( that's after 28 days actually).

Secondly, for flrm will I need to show any income or maintainance funds etc.

I appreciate your help shahjee

Regards

Shahsahab

HowILR

Post by HowILR » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:09 am

KashRIz wrote:I applied on 5th Money taken out on 8th...still waiting for acknowldgement..................
HowILR wrote:Did any one receive any acknowledgement letter for FLR(m) who applied before 6th of April ???? especially on who sent flr(m) 3rd,4th and 5th under the old rules...........

I applied for my mrs flr(m) on 04/04/14 by postal order but hasn't received any acknowledgement.

HowILR

Post by HowILR » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:13 am

shahjee1234 wrote:
KashRIz wrote:I applied on 5th Money taken out on 8th...still waiting for acknowldgement..................
HowILR wrote:Did any one receive any acknowledgement letter for FLR(m) who applied before 6th of April ???? especially on who sent flr(m) 3rd,4th and 5th under the old rules...........
I applied for my Mrs and two kids on the 02nd April 2014, acknowledgement received yesterday 10th April, and biometric invitation received today 11th April 2014. Thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee
hi shajee..........

good news i thought my one is missing by post may be it's too early...

Ojey

Post by Ojey » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:34 am

Hi peeps,
I have a problem with my 10 years residency. I have been in the UK since september 2004 under student visa. I have been on MPhil for the past 4 years and 4 months. Normally an MPhil would only take 2 yrs. The reason I have been able to stay this long is that the university seemed to have made some sort of mistake and I have somehow passed under the radar for this long. Now my visa expires at the end of april 2014. I tried to apply for an extension to submit my thesis to the university. The application for extension have alerted the university to my situation. Now the university does not seem to be willing to give me an extension (so no CAS number) and is likely going to report me to UKBA so that I leave the country and submit my MPhil dissertation from home (my home country) or before i leave. I will be completing 10 years in september 2014 (4-5 months left).

Question is: How can I get to september legally in my case, so that I can apply for ILR?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:28 am

Hello every one,
I am in a same boat, on tier 1 and my wife is my dependant on tier 1. My long residency completes February 15 and I will apply ILR on that base. My wife is with me since nov 2006 along my two daughters born in Pakistan but moved to uk in 2006 nov.
1. Will I have to apply my daughters flr(m) or can I register their BC as they be here for eight years
2. In latest debate on new rule my dependants will have to spend 2 or 5 years on flr(m) because they can't combine their previous 8 years stay as my dependant.
If above is correct
A. could somebody give me a link to that from home office. I am unable to spot any thing about combining PBS stay.
B. Court recently overturn 20 year rule back to 14 year. Could above scenario not be contested in the court and I am sure forum has enough members who can split the cost of solicitor in 10s.

itsarif

Post by itsarif » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:12 am

I applied for my wife on flr(m) on 3rd april, received acknowledgement letter & bio metric letter on 11th april.

Arif

maak
Newly Registered

Post by maak » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:24 am

i was just reading this forum and i got knock on my door and it was post man....

what a lovely start of the weekend.. I got my ILR today..

Applied: 21-01-14
Acknowledgement: 24-01-14
Biometric Enrolled: 7-02-14
ILR Aproval Received: 12-4-14

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:46 am

Same here...applied on 5th and received acknowledgement and Bio request....
itsarif wrote:I applied for my wife on flr(m) on 3rd april, received acknowledgement letter & bio metric letter on 11th april.

Arif
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:47 am

Congrats mate have fun and pray for us.....
maak wrote:i was just reading this forum and i got knock on my door and it was post man....

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:20 am

itsarif wrote:I applied for my wife on flr(m) on 3rd april, received acknowledgement letter & bio metric letter on 11th april.

Arif
Hi Arif,
Is your SET(LR) application still pending or do you already have ILR ??
I am asking because I have asked the Home office to hold my wife and daughters FLR(M) till my SET(m) application is decided, and I was wondering is it a wise idea to delay our dependents biometrics just to give us some more time to get our ILR. What do you think about this or is alright to let it go and trust that the Home office will hold their applications till our ones are decided.
HowILr and KashRIz please your feedback will be appreciated. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:22 am

maak wrote:i was just reading this forum and i got knock on my door and it was post man....

We'll done maak, congrats .... Enjoy your freedom mate.
Regards
Shahjee

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:38 am

Hi,
I dont think it will make any difference if you hold Bio or submit it as HO is holding Flr(m) un till main applicants Set (lr) is not decided.

shahjee1234 wrote:
itsarif wrote:I applied for my wife on flr(m) on 3rd april, received acknowledgement letter & bio metric
letter on 11th april.

Arif
Hi Arif,
I am asking because I have asked the Home office to hold my wife and daughters FLR(M) till my SET(m) application is decided, and I was wondering is it a wise idea to delay our dependents biometrics just to give us some more time to get our ILR. What do you think about this or is alright to let it go and trust that the Home office will hold their applications till our ones are decided.
Kind regards
Shahjee

allwell46
United Kingdom

Post by allwell46 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:50 am

Hi
I had applied for wife,s flr m on 3 april 2014, hv not received the acknowledgement letter yet. But received bio metrics.
Is this some thing normal?
Do we need to contact ho about it?
Shall We enroll bio metrics or delay it, although I attached a covering letter with it requesting to hold the application untill decesion is been made on my set lr application.

Please comment

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:11 am

shahsahab wrote:Thanks for your kindness shahjee, jazakallah

That sounds good. Can I ask u one more thing , my wife will need actually 35 days.do you think 35 days can be covered by applying flrm ( that's after 28 days actually).

Secondly, for flrm will I need to show any income or maintainance funds etc.

I appreciate your help shahjee

Regards

Shahsahab
Hi Shahsahab,
I will answer you second question first, and that is regards to the income or maintenance, you don't need to show any income as such as your dependents are on your dependents status prior to 09th July 2012, and if you check the FLR(M) form on page 18, Section 7 A- Financial requirement , it clearly says that any dependents who are on a dependent status prior to 09th July 2012, doesn't need to satisfy the income threshold, go straight to section 7B.
7B is than about the maintenance. There is no hard and fast rule regards to maintenance but what you need to show is a steady income and that your incomings are more than your out goings, and that you have some money and savings. One more thing to notice here is that you could also rely on the third party support if you are struggling with the maintenance, as dependents who are prior to 09th July 2012 are allowed to rely on third party support like a relative or a friend helping you with some money each month. I hope it all makes sense, I mean to say there are a lot of options to cover the maintenance grounds.
Now to your first question regards to the delay in recording the biometric, I would say it is possible to cover 35 days easily. I gave you a breakdown of that, apply a day before the expiry of her visa to make sure that your FLR(M) application is in time and send a cheque for the payment, which will take longer to clear 5-7 days, by the time she gets her biometric letter you will be on the 8th or 9th day already. Call them on the 14th day of that letter to say that the barcode is giving an error, you get another letter from them in two days call again on the 14th day that the second one is giving error and not scanning, they will either call you to the Home office to record it there or send you another letter, what ever happens you have already spend 36 days in all that process, so you are cool to apply her SET(M) making sure you let them know that you want to vary the grounds of her application to SET(M) and you don't need her FLR(M). The double fee that you will pay can be refunded to you for later that is not an issue. I frankly think that your wife's case will be alright, you just need to get the trimmings right and leave the rest to the Almighty Allah, you won't get disappointed as you have paid your dues for long in this country and that is the least that you and your wife deserve. All the best mate and take care.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:18 am

many thanks KashRIz
KashRIz wrote:Hi,
I dont think it will make any difference if you hold Bio or submit it as HO is holding Flr(m) un till main applicants Set (lr) is not decided.

Hi Arif,
Kind regards
Shahjee
[/quote]

HowILR

Post by HowILR » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:26 am

allwell46 wrote:Hi
I had applied for wife,s flr m on 3 april 2014, hv not received the acknowledgement letter yet. But received bio metrics.
Is this some thing normal?
Do we need to contact ho about it?
Shall We enroll bio metrics or delay it, although I attached a covering letter with it requesting to hold the application untill decesion is been made on my set lr application.

Please comment

y

I think u should enroll ur biometric straightway as it doesn't matter wheather ur application set(lr) decided or not it will be normal process once u enrolled they will hold until ur one granted.

I think acknowledgement letter is one kind of payment confirmation receipt once u got bio letter u don't need where bio letter u got actual case ref number.

Anyway today i have received ack letter...

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:37 am

KashRIz wrote:Same here...applied on 5th and received acknowledgement and Bio request....

Arif
same here aplied on 3rd for flr m and received bio request today but no acknowledgement letter

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:40 am

shahjee1234 wrote:
I applied for my Mrs and two kids on the 02nd April 2014, acknowledgement received yesterday 10th April, and biometric invitation received today 11th April 2014. Thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Applied FLR M on 5th april. Didnt receive ack bur received Bio Invitation today 12-04-14.

What should we do register bio or delay ?

Umar09
Newly Registered

Post by Umar09 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi everyone,
Your advice needed................

I applied FLR(M) for my wife and a son on 5th April before my ILR was granted and fortunately I received my BRP&approval on 9th April (dated 7th April).
Today we received acknowledgement alongwith another letter instead of Biomatric invitation stating "Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.
your application raises issues relating to the European Convention on Human Rights which are complex in nature. As such, it falls outside our normal service standards for deciding leave to remain applications. Please be assured that we will make a decision on your case a quickly as possible".

Now I hve recieved my ILR, Could you please advise what is the matter and what should we do....

Best regards

sumbal
Newly Registered

Post by sumbal » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:26 pm

Hi every one ,
I got my ILR on 10 years basis back in February and got my driving licence and life in uk back but as my last visa was refused and my current passport was with them (removal dept ) I did not got it back ..any guidance what to do ?... Thanks

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:39 pm

msmussaf wrote:
shahjee1234 wrote:

What should we do register bio or delay ?
Hi msmussf,
You have got 15 days from the day the letter was issued. Looks like there is consensus on this issue amongst the members who have applied for their dependents that any ways the applications will be on hold till the main applicant is decided, so it doesn't makes any difference delaying the biometric.
Regards
Shahjee

malik15

Post by malik15 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:46 pm

I applied for my wife's FLR(M) on 4th. We received acknowledgement and bio invitation today.

We have also received English test certificate. Can someone please tell me where should we send the certificate, the address on FLR(M) form or the one on acknowledgment letter.

Regards
Malik.

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:08 pm

Hi msmussf,
You have got 15 days from the day the letter was issued. Looks like there is consensus on this issue amongst the members who have applied for their dependents that any ways the applications will be on hold till the main applicant is decided, so it doesn't makes any difference delaying the biometric.
Regards
Shahjee[/quote]

thanks Shahjee