ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british passport for a EEA child born in the uk

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alvaro31
Newly Registered

Post by alvaro31 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:20 pm

I'm a EEA citizen living and working continuously in the UK since may 200,over 5 years now.
My baby was born in November 2012,can I apply for a british passport for him or just get indefinite leave to remain first? I heard that EEA citizen get ILR automatically,I first came to the Uk in 2006 and worked one year then I was back in May 2008 and I've been working over five years now,got all payslips and P60s.
My question is then Can apply for a british passport for my baby now or should I get ILR frst? if someone could help I would be very grateful :)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:43 pm

Which EEA Country are you from? An EEA citizen exercising treaty rights continuously for 5 years in the UK will have permanent residency, there is no need to apply for a card. If a child is born in the UK to a parent who is settled (has PR or ILR) that child is automatically British, you'd need to prove that you were exercising treaty rights for 5 years continuously prior to when the child was born. If the child is born in the UK after a parent is settled, the child is entitled to register as British once the parent is settled.

When in 2007 did you leave the UK? What is the nationality of the other parent?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

alvaro31
Newly Registered

BA passport for a baby

Post by alvaro31 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:00 pm

Thnx Amber,I'm from Poland and I've been in the UK continuously since May 2008,I'm over 5 years now,so when my son was born in November 2012 it wasn't 5 years,so can I apply now for a british passport for my little one?:)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:02 pm

Again, when in 2007 did you travel back to Poland? Did you register with the WRS when you started working?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

alvaro31
Newly Registered

Post by alvaro31 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:14 pm

at that time I worked from 1 October 2006 till 30 September 2007,then I went back to Poland and again came to the UK on May 26th so from 27th of May 2008 I've been in the UK:)

alvaro31
Newly Registered

Post by alvaro31 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:15 pm

sorry forgot to mention that I was registered with WRS:)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:22 pm

Shame, you only just broke the continuity of being in the UK. So based on that, you attained settled status in May 2013 after your child was born, assuming the other parent was not settled/British when the child was born, the child is entitled to register as British on form MN1 after success, the child can apply for a British passport. You may wish to get your permanent residence card before for ease.

I assume you applied for WRS in 2008? This topic would have benefited by being posted in the EEA forum.

alvaro31
Newly Registered

Post by alvaro31 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:28 pm

again in 2008 I was registered with the WRS:),so as you said I will apply first for ILR card before i will register my baby:)

alvaro31
Newly Registered

Post by alvaro31 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:41 pm

Hello I've got a question about british citizenship for my baby,my partner and me we are both EEU citizens,I obtained indefinite leave to remain in October 2013(been living and working in the uk since May 2008),my baby was born in November 2012 in the uk of course and I obtained ILR this year.
Is my baby eligible to be registered as a British citizen now?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:41 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

EkatNYC
Newly Registered

Re: british passport for a EEA child born in the uk

Post by EkatNYC » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:43 pm

Hello everyone, I was wondering it anyone can list the application procedures (including the application forms needed) for a EEA national baby born in the UK. My husband is Dutch and had lived in the UK 5 years before our baby was born. As far as I understand that should be sufficient for her to claim the British citizenship. However, I cannot really find what forms need to be filled out and what additional support documents we need to send.

I read on one of the posts that no confirmation of EEA permanent residency is required for my spouse. That only the payslips or employer letter covering the whole of 5 years, and maybe the bank statement for 5 years, the baby's birth certificate and my husband's (Dutch) passport (without confirmation of permanent residence) are ok and the baby will be issued a British passport automatically.

Does anyone know the exact details please?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:32 pm

Get a form from the post office (there is only one type of form). Attach parent Dutch passport, 5 P60s from before the child birth and UK birth certificate (long one with parents names).

See also https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... aty-rights
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

EkatNYC
Newly Registered

Post by EkatNYC » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:36 pm

Jambo wrote:Get a form from the post office (there is only one type of form). Attach parent Dutch passport, 5 P60s from before the child birth and UK birth certificate (long one with parents names).

See also https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... aty-rights
Thank you for your reply. Got the form and the other documents. Great if just those items will be sufficient.
My only problem is that we only have 4 P60s as my husband bought a company but was not getting a salary. Would a letter from the company be sufficient? What other documents could be used instead?
Thanks!!!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:36 pm

Evidence of his self employment (accountant letter, self assessment etc) should be accepted.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)