ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Knowledge of language for naturalisation ??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Palem189
Newly Registered

Knowledge of language for naturalisation ??

Post by Palem189 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:37 pm

Hi All,

my situation in brief ,

ILR received date - 15th Nov 2013
Date applying for naturalisation - 24th Apr 2014
Current Nationality - India

after reading the naturalisation application(Form-AN) , from section 1.22 , I need to know what is the knowledge of language requirement for me and my family(wife and son) ?? The available options from the application are

1).I have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher or an equivalent level qualification : OR

2).I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognixed standard of Bachelors or masters degree or PHD in UNiTED KINGDOM and
i).UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or reaserched in English : or
ii)the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speak country

3).I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013

I have my Bachelors in Engineering (ComputeSceience) from University Of Madras, I have this degree taught in English certificate with me, is this enough to meet the above requirement ????

how about my partner ??? she has a master degree from JNTU university ??

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Palem

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Knowledge of language for naturalisation ??

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:43 pm

How can you and your family qualify to apply for Naturalisation in April 2014 if you were only granted ILR in November 2013.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Palem189
Newly Registered

Post by Palem189 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:26 pm

My bad , it is a typo , I have received it on 15th Nov 2012.

Regards,
Palem

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:32 pm

Palem189 wrote:Hi All,
After reading the naturalisation application(Form-AN) , from section 1.22 , I need to know what is the knowledge of language requirement for me and my family(wife and son) ?? The available options from the application are

1).I have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher or an equivalent level qualification : OR

2).I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognixed standard of Bachelors or masters degree or PHD in UNiTED KINGDOM and
i).UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or reaserched in English : or
ii)the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speak country

3).I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013

how about my partner ??? she has a master degree from JNTU university ??

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Palem
You have 3 options for your wife/partner

1. You can use the PBS calculator copy, if it's awarding her points for language. (Please bear in mind, if you are applying by NCS, please confirm with your council because not all the councils accept PBS docs).
2. She can go for language exam either ESOL/IELTS
3. Apply for Language Assessment Certificate from NARIC

Hope this helps!

Iman230

Post by Iman230 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:03 pm

Wife's ILR received in December 2013

1. When Can She start applying for naturalisation?
2. Other than the Life in the UK test (Can this be submitted again after being submitted when the ILR was applied for?)

In Addition to the following points

- you can communicate in English to an acceptable degree
(Is this where the ESOL, IELTS & Naric come in)?

Or is the Life in the UK sufficient. (This was acceptable before the 28 Oct changes occurred)

Please advise

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:53 pm

Iman230 wrote:Wife's ILR received in December 2013

1. When Can She start applying for naturalisation? Are you a British Citizen?? How long has your wife been resident in the UK
2. Other than the Life in the UK test (Can this be submitted again after being submitted when the ILR was applied for?) Submit the test certificate again and/or tick the relevant box on form AN that she met the requirement for ILR

In Addition to the following points

- you can communicate in English to an acceptable degree
(Is this where the ESOL, IELTS & Naric come in)?

Or is the Life in the UK sufficient. (This was acceptable before the 28 Oct changes occurred) LIUK and English Level B1 certificate required for naturalisation after 28 October 2013.

Please advise
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Iman230

Post by Iman230 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:35 pm

Hello

In response

1. I am a British Citizen from Birth, and my wife has been with me since 2011, and had her ILR received in December 2013
2. So this LITUK can be submitted for the AN Application

Would IELTS for General or Academic training suffice to get a B1?
Other than IELTS is there any other Institutions?