ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

msmussaf

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by msmussaf » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:10 pm

sumbal wrote:Hi every one ,
I got my ILR on 10 years basis back in February and got my driving licence and life in uk back but as my last visa was refused and my current passport was with them (removal dept ) I did not got it back ..any guidance what to do ?... Thanks

Didnt get your full case. if you explain in details then members can advise you batter.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:11 pm

msmussaf wrote:Hi msmussf,
You have got 15 days from the day the letter was issued. Looks like there is consensus on this issue amongst the members who have applied for their dependents that any ways the applications will be on hold till the main applicant is decided, so it doesn't makes any difference delaying the biometric.
Regards
Shahjee

thanks Shahjee[/quote]
Agree with the above. I'm in same situation. Got bio invitation for my wife and we plan to enrol next week. There is no benefit of delaying as your application already states that you want it to be put on hold until your partners application is decided.

Unless your partner had ILR FLRM is not valid anyway.

Regards
Malik

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:35 pm

imi99999 wrote:Hello every one,
I am in a same boat, on tier 1 and my wife is my dependant on tier 1. My long residency completes February 15 and I will apply ILR on that base. My wife is with me since nov 2006 along my two daughters born in Pakistan but moved to uk in 2006 nov.
1. Will I have to apply my daughters flr(m) or can I register their BC as they be here for eight years
2. In latest debate on new rule my dependants will have to spend 2 or 5 years on flr(m) because they can't combine their previous 8 years stay as my dependant.
If above is correct
A. could somebody give me a link to that from home office. I am unable to spot any thing about combining PBS stay.
B. Court recently overturn 20 year rule back to 14 year. Could above scenario not be contested in the court and I am sure forum has enough members who can split the cost of solicitor in 10s.
Hi I have got Dicrenary leave instead ILR where you have heard 20 year rule turn to 14 year pleas foward me link hear

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:48 pm

amjadleeds wrote:
I am in a same boat, on tier 1 and my wife is my dependant on tier 1. My long residency completes February 15 and I will apply ILR on that base. My wife is with me since nov 2006 along my two daughters born in Pakistan but moved to uk in 2006 nov.
1. Will I have to apply my daughters flr(m) or can I register their BC as they be here for eight years
2. In latest debate on new rule my dependants will have to spend 2 or 5 years on flr(m) because they can't combine their previous 8 years stay as my dependant.
If above is correct
A. could somebody give me a link to that from home office. I am unable to spot any thing about combining PBS stay.
B. Court recently overturn 20 year rule back to 14 year. Could above scenario not be contested in the court and I am sure forum has enough members who can split the cost of solicitor in 10s.
Hi I have got Dicrenary leave instead ILR where you have heard 20 year rule turn to 14 year pleas foward me link hear
According to my understanding it doesnt say that 20 years rule is abolished but this rule will not implement on previous appellants.
Any way you can check it here

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2014/402.html

Umar09
Newly Registered

Post by Umar09 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:01 pm

Dear Seniors your advice/openion needed................could you please shed a light......

I applied FLR(M) for my wife and a son on 5th April before my ILR was granted and fortunately I received my BRP&approval on 9th April (dated 7th April).
Today we received acknowledgement alongwith another letter instead of Biomatric invitation stating "Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.
your application raises issues relating to the European Convention on Human Rights which are complex in nature. As such, it falls outside our normal service standards for deciding leave to remain applications. Please be assured that we will make a decision on your case a quickly as possible".

Now I hve recieved my ILR, Could you please advise what is the matter and what should we do....
Looking forward to hearing from you.....

Best regards

ILR102014

Post by ILR102014 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:10 pm

sumbal wrote:Hi every one ,
I got my ILR on 10 years basis back in February and got my driving licence and life in uk back but as my last visa was refused and my current passport was with them (removal dept ) I did not got it back ..any guidance what to do ?... Thanks
Hi Sumbal,
Can you explain your situation clearly please, which will help for seniors to provide you with the better advise.

shahsahab

Post by shahsahab » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:03 pm

Jazakallah shahjee

You been very kind and helpful. I ll pray for you as well.so nice of you.

Can u plz tell me what is difference between flrm and setm. Can she not apply her own independant ilr on the basis of long residency when she very the grounds or it has to be setm only.

And regarding income is it my income or it should be my wife's income and maintainance .

Once again thanx

Jazakallah
Shahsahab

kalps999
Newly Registered

Post by kalps999 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:27 pm

Hi Guys,

I am in similar situation. I have applied for my wife FLR (M) on 5th april and asked HO to hold it until mine is decided. I understand they ask for husband's passport copy (all pages). As my passport is currently with HO I only had 1st and last page of my passport and I mentioned in cover letter that I will forward it once I get my documents back from HO.

Could someone please advise where to the send additional documents? Also do I have to inform HO that my application has been decided or they will know from their system? Is it advisable to send original passport and brp to them?

Hope to hear from seniors and gurus

Many Thanks
Kalps

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:40 pm

kalps999 wrote:Hi Guys,

I am in similar situation. I have applied for my wife FLR (M) on 5th april and asked HO to hold it until mine is decided. I understand they ask for husband's passport copy (all pages). As my passport is currently with HO I only had 1st and last page of my passport and I mentioned in cover letter that I will forward it once I get my documents back from HO.

Could someone please advise where to the send additional documents? Also do I have to inform HO that my application has been decided or they will know from their system? Is it advisable to send original passport and brp to them?

Many Thanks
Kalps
Did you received Your Approval? If yes
You need to send the full copy of your passport including blank pages and any other missing documents on the time of application with another covering letter explaining the situation. Dont forget to include the approval letter copy.

Yes you need to shake the Home Office otherwise they are in deep sleep.

I think you need to send on the same address where you posted FLR M. (Not sure)

maak
Newly Registered

Post by maak » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:58 pm

Hi Seniors,

I got my ILR today on 10 year long stay basis

Now i need some advise regarding my wife Visa . she is on Tier 1 General dependent visa valid until march 2015
But as i got ILR now i guess she is no longer Tier 1 General Dependent and needs to change her visa.

She arrived in Uk in August 2009 as Tier 1 PSW Dependent
Later changed to Tier 1 General Dependent in ARIL 2010.
Does she qualify for ILR now or she need to apply for FLR_M Dependent visa?
If she apply for FLR_M dependent then when exactly she will become eligible for ILR?

Many Thanks

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:45 pm

maak wrote:Hi Seniors,

I got my ILR today on 10 year long stay basis

Now i need some advise regarding my wife Visa . she is on Tier 1 General dependent visa valid until march 2015
But as i got ILR now i guess she is no longer Tier 1 General Dependent and needs to change her visa.

She arrived in Uk in August 2009 as Tier 1 PSW Dependent
Later changed to Tier 1 General Dependent in ARIL 2010.
Does she qualify for ILR now or she need to apply for FLR_M Dependent visa?
If she apply for FLR_M dependent then when exactly she will become eligible for ILR?

Many Thanks
Hi maak,
Your wife doesn't qualify for ILR yet, she has to first apply for FLR(M) and than spend two years on that visa and than she will be eligible for her ILR through SET(M). Consider your self lucky that she was on dependent visa prior to 09th July 2012, and hence still covered by the old rules otherwise the qualifying period for ILR for the dependent of a settled person is 5 years now.
Regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:11 pm

shahsahab wrote:Jazakallah shahjee

You been very kind and helpful. I ll pray for you as well.so nice of you.

Can u plz tell me what is difference between flrm and setm. Can she not apply her own independant ilr on the basis of long residency when she very the grounds or it has to be setm only.

And regarding income is it my income or it should be my wife's income and maintainance .

Once again thanx

Jazakallah
Shahsahab
Hi Shahsahab,
Many thanks for the nice thoughts, please do remember us in your prayers and we will remember you in our prayers.
Regards to your questions, FLR(M) mean further leave to remain till you wife is eligible for her settlement.
And I must apologies that In my last post I mentioned SET(m) application for her, it will actually be SET(LR) application for her as she will be applying for her own ILR on the 10 years long residency rule.
So please make the correction here, first is FLR(M) to cover the gap of 35 days and than vary the application to SET(LR) after that as she will qualify under 10 years long residency.
Regards to the income it could be yours or her income, or could be from a third party support, as she is covered by rules prior to 09th July 2012. I hope it helps.
Kind regard
Shahjee

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:16 pm

msmussaf wrote:
amjadleeds wrote:
If above is correct
Thanks for reply. Can you please give me the link where it says that you can't combine previous PBS residency towards ilr. I can't find any such info in E-ilr 1.3 on appendix fm as some body mention 4

According to my understanding it doesnt say that 20 years rule is abolished but this rule will not implement on previous appellants.
Any way you can check it here

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2014/402.html

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:21 pm

msmussaf wrote:

Many Thanks
Kalps
You need to send the full copy of your passport including blank pages and any other missing documents on the time of application with another covering letter explaining the situation. Dont forget to include the approval letter copy.

Hi kalps999,
I fully agree with msmussf.
Regards to the address if you check the FLR(M) Guidance notes, it clearly says that if you want to send any further information to the Home Office about the application than write to
Home Office
Initial Consideration Unit -FLR(M)
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY
Please double check it your self on the guidance notes for FLR(M)
Kind regards
Shahjee

itsarif

Post by itsarif » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:48 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
itsarif wrote:I applied for my wife on flr(m) on 3rd april, received acknowledgement letter & bio metric letter on 11th april.

Arif
Hi Arif,
Is your SET(LR) application still pending or do you already have ILR ??
I am asking because I have asked the Home office to hold my wife and daughters FLR(M) till my SET(m) application is decided, and I was wondering is it a wise idea to delay our dependents biometrics just to give us some more time to get our ILR. What do you think about this or is alright to let it go and trust that the Home office will hold their applications till our ones are decided.
HowILr and KashRIz please your feedback will be appreciated. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

I got ILR in december last year.
Applied for my daughter Naturalization & waiting for her certificate.
HO will hold your family application until your case is decided.

Arif

kalps999
Newly Registered

Post by kalps999 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:31 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
msmussaf wrote:

Many Thanks
Kalps

Hi kalps999,
I fully agree with msmussf.
Regards to the address if you check the FLR(M) Guidance notes, it clearly says that if you want to send any further information to the Home Office about the application than write to
Home Office
Initial Consideration Unit -FLR(M)
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY
Please double check it your self on the guidance notes for FLR(M)
Kind regards
Shahjee

Thanks guys for your quick response. Highly appreciated.

Nope I have not received my approval yet. However, I did send the 1st and last page of my passport copy with FLR (M) application with covering note stating I will forward the full copy once I get my passport back. BTW, I received acknowledgment letter and biometric letter today for my wife's application.

amjadleeds
Member of Standing

Post by amjadleeds » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:13 pm

Hi everyone
I have applied ILR OCT 2012, received decision they gave me discretionary leave instead of ILR even charge me for ILR.
During 2005 they made case working allegation and not studying , actual I was studying and working part time, at that time my visa was valid until March 2006, they want me to send back to my country, no right of appeal, case went to court , they gave me right of appeal, case went to court mean while my visa expired my solicitor highlight on 10 April we can apply for extension visa even case in court, they refuse application due to out of time and your case in court, case carry on March 2007 they took case back before full court hearing, and agree in front of judge reinstate all previous decision, even paid me ex- gratia payment. Afterward I got all visa, I have spend on tier 1 three and half years. Clearly 3D applied in my case. Even court allow me to stay first place until September 2006.
I have applied ILR oct 2012 and my family applied FLRO they refused before my decision case went to court, judge allowed appeal , my family received discretionary leave before me and now I have received too. My kids here nine and half years,
I was well off to extend visa tier 1 and next year will get ILR on that basis, now again I have to wait three more to complete again ten years.
Still I have not received original document, I want to go for JR, It is not my fault , Home office made case and took back. Please guys advise me .
Your views and discussion will be really appreciate. Still thank God I have status to live and work
Regards
Amjad leeds

Farad
Newly Registered

Re: Advise for residence applications. Please

Post by Farad » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:21 pm

I just got my Indefinite Leave to remain in UK on 27 February 2014. I got my wife and two daughters need to apply for their stay in UK. I explain you their status in UK.

1. I want to know which application I can make for my wife she came in UK on 12 July 2004 and now her Student Dependant visa is expiry on 06 June 2014(As she was on Tier 4 Dependent Before). As she is not qualify for Long Residents because of 36 days gaps to qualify her 10 Years In UK.
Please Advise Me on which Form she need for applying.

2. My First Daughter was born in Mauritius, She came to UK when she was 3 months in 12 July 2004, now she is 10 years old and staying in UK for her past 9 Years 8 Months now, and her Dependant visa is expiry on 06 June 2014 (As she was on Tier 4 Dependent Before). I want to know if she’s qualifying for become British citizens under any of the following sections of the British Nationality Act 1981. (Form MN1).Please Advise Me on which section she is qualified and the right Form.

3. My Second Daughter was born in UK on 06 September 2006. Now she is 7 Years old. And her Dependant visa is expiry on 06 June 2014(As she was on Tier 4 Dependent Before). I want to know if she is qualifying for become British citizens under any of the following sections of the British Nationality Act 1981.Please Advise Me on which section she is qualified and the right Form. (But I think she is qualifying for British citizens Form MN1).

I m a bit confused with all the New form for applying their stay in UK, (FLR M, FLR O, FLR TP, SET LR, SET O, SET M, MN1, Form T).
I will appreciate if you can help me. I have to make their application on the End of May 2014. Please reply me before May 2014.

ILR102014

Post by ILR102014 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:48 am

amjadleeds wrote:Hi everyone
I have applied ILR OCT 2012, received decision they gave me discretionary leave instead of ILR even charge me for ILR.
During 2005 they made case working allegation and not studying , actual I was studying and working part time, at that time my visa was valid until March 2006, they want me to send back to my country, no right of appeal, case went to court , they gave me right of appeal, case went to court mean while my visa expired my solicitor highlight on 10 April we can apply for extension visa even case in court, they refuse application due to out of time and your case in court, case carry on March 2007 they took case back before full court hearing, and agree in front of judge reinstate all previous decision, even paid me ex- gratia payment. Afterward I got all visa, I have spend on tier 1 three and half years. Clearly 3D applied in my case. Even court allow me to stay first place until September 2006.
I have applied ILR oct 2012 and my family applied FLRO they refused before my decision case went to court, judge allowed appeal , my family received discretionary leave before me and now I have received too. My kids here nine and half years,
I was well off to extend visa tier 1 and next year will get ILR on that basis, now again I have to wait three more to complete again ten years.
Still I have not received original document, I want to go for JR, It is not my fault , Home office made case and took back. Please guys advise me .
Your views and discussion will be really appreciate. Still thank God I have status to live and work
Regards
Amjad leeds
Hi amjadleeds,
have you managed to get hold of your solicitor, what was the HO letter say's, this details may help seniors to give some advise to you....

malik15

Post by malik15 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:59 pm

Hi,

Can someone please help.

I've now received my wife's English test certificate. She has already applied for FLR (m) using the result sheet.

Can you please tell me which address I should now send the original certificate to?

Regards
Malik

shahjee1234

Re: Advise for residence applications. Please

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:02 pm

Farad wrote:I just got my Indefinite Leave to remain in UK on 27 February 2014. I got my wife and two daughters need to apply for their stay in UK. I explain you their status in UK.

1. I want to know which application I can make for my wife she came in UK on 12 July 2004 and now her Student Dependant visa is expiry on 06 June 2014(As she was on Tier 4 Dependent Before). As she is not qualify for Long Residents because of 36 days gaps to qualify her 10 Years In UK.
Please Advise Me on which Form she need for applying.

2. My First Daughter was born in Mauritius, She came to UK when she was 3 months in 12 July 2004, now she is 10 years old and staying in UK for her past 9 Years 8 Months now, and her Dependant visa is expiry on 06 June 2014 (As she was on Tier 4 Dependent Before). I want to know if she’s qualifying for become British citizens under any of the following sections of the British Nationality Act 1981. (Form MN1).Please Advise Me on which section she is qualified and the right Form.

3. My Second Daughter was born in UK on 06 September 2006. Now she is 7 Years old. And her Dependant visa is expiry on 06 June 2014(As she was on Tier 4 Dependent Before). I want to know if she is qualifying for become British citizens under any of the following sections of the British Nationality Act 1981.Please Advise Me on which section she is qualified and the right Form. (But I think she is qualifying for British citizens Form MN1).

I m a bit confused with all the New form for applying their stay in UK, (FLR M, FLR O, FLR TP, SET LR, SET O, SET M, MN1, Form T).
I will appreciate if you can help me. I have to make their application on the End of May 2014. Please reply me before May 2014.
Hi Farad,
Regards to your second daughter, you are right, she is born in this country so she apply straight for British passport through MN1 form.
With your wife and elder daughter as they both came to UK on the 12 of July 2004, so they will be eligible for their ILR on 10 years long residency bases on the 14th of June 2014,(considering them open to apply 28 days prior to the completion of their 10 years duration) which means they are 7 days short for being eligible to apply for their ILR and you need to cover that. What you need to do is to apply their FLR(M) application closer to the time of the expiry of their present visa and by the time the Home office deduct the fee and send them a letter to record their biometric details they would already be over the 14th of June and legally eligible to apply for their ILR. So at that point vary their applications to SET(LR) settlement application, and as you will be paying fee for the two different applications, you could ask the Home office at a later date to refund the fee for the first application. That is the cost effective and safe way to apply and get their ILR
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:09 pm

malik15 wrote:Hi,

Can someone please help.

I've now received my wife's English test certificate. She has already applied for FLR (m) using the result sheet.

Can you please tell me which address I should now send the original certificate to?

Regards
Malik
Hi Malik,
The address to send any additional documents or information about the pending FLR(m)applications is
The Home Office
Initial Consideration Unit - FLR(M)
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY
That is according to the guidance notes for FLR(M), please double check it before you send any thing.
Kind regards
Shahjee

malik15

Post by malik15 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:14 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
malik15 wrote:Hi,

Can someone please help.

Regards
Malik
Hi Malik,
The address to send any additional documents or information about the pending FLR(m)applications is
The Home Office
Initial Consideration Unit - FLR(M)
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY
That is according to the guidance notes for FLR(M), please double check it before you send any thing.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Thanks. Really appreciate your help.

allwell46
United Kingdom

Post by allwell46 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:57 pm

Dear forum members,

Can someone please clear my confusion by giving immigration rules link and references.
I was checking "apply to settle in the uk" for my wife see the link https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk
Click start
What is your situation, click on 2
How did they settle, some other ways
What is your relationship to that person, partner
What situation are you and your partner in, still with the partner

Results, and then it says

You can apply as the partner of a British citizen or person settled in the UK
You may be eligible for settlement (‘indefinite leave to remain’) if your partner is a:

British citizen
person settled in the UK
Partners are 2 people in a genuine relationship - you must be able to prove 1 of the following:

you’re married
you’re in a civil partnership
you’ve been in a relationship for 2 years
You and your partner must intend to continue your relationship after you apply for settlement.

Eligibility
You need to have been living in the UK with a ‘partner of a settled person’ visa for:

2 years if you applied for your visa before 9 July 2012
5 years or 10 years if you applied for your visa on or after 9 July 2012

Does this mean my wife has to spend 2 years on partner of a settled person visa before she can apply for ilr on set m.

I have always been reading on this forum that once i got ilr on long residency basis, first she needs to go flr m and them set m straight away.

My situation is , applied for ilr on set lr and application is still pending. Applied for wife,s flr m visa before 6 apr 2014 with covering letter to hold the application until mine one is decided. Wife came to uk in 2009 on tier 1 psw visa.

Please provide me informations with a reference from immigration rules.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:50 pm

allwell46 wrote:Dear forum members,

Can someone please clear my confusion by giving immigration rules link and references.
I was checking "apply to settle in the uk" for my wife see the link https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk
Click start
What is your situation, click on 2
How did they settle, some other ways
What is your relationship to that person, partner
What situation are you and your partner in, still with the partner

Results, and then it says

You can apply as the partner of a British citizen or person settled in the UK
You may be eligible for settlement (‘indefinite leave to remain’) if your partner is a:

British citizen
person settled in the UK
Partners are 2 people in a genuine relationship - you must be able to prove 1 of the following:

you’re married
you’re in a civil partnership
you’ve been in a relationship for 2 years
You and your partner must intend to continue your relationship after you apply for settlement.

Eligibility
You need to have been living in the UK with a ‘partner of a settled person’ visa for:

2 years if you applied for your visa before 9 July 2012
5 years or 10 years if you applied for your visa on or after 9 July 2012

Does this mean my wife has to spend 2 years on partner of a settled person visa before she can apply for ilr on set m.

I have always been reading on this forum that once i got ilr on long residency basis, first she needs to go flr m and them set m straight away.

My situation is , applied for ilr on set lr and application is still pending. Applied for wife,s flr m visa before 6 apr 2014 with covering letter to hold the application until mine one is decided. Wife came to uk in 2009 on tier 1 psw visa.

Please provide me informations with a reference from immigration rules.
Hi Allwell46,
Your wife was on a PBS dependent status prior to 09th July 2012, hence she is covered by the old rules. Means to say she has already spend her qualifying time for ILR as point based system dependent, so once she gets her FLR(M) visa and biometric card, she is open to apply for her ILR through SET(M), she don't need any qualifying time as she has already spend that as a PBS dependent. I hope it helps.
Kind regards
Shahjee