ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Referees

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

runie80
Member of Standing

Citizenship Referees

Post by runie80 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:41 pm

Hi Everyone.

I am having a problem with "Citizenship Referees" as we have moved places and do not know anyone who is willing to be a referee at my current place.

1>Would my manager at my previous Job be fine ? Provided I contact her and hopefully she agrees.
(whats worrying me is if she refuses which she can do if she wants to do what are my other options ? )
2> for second reference someone from HR ?

its a silly thing. asking for all these references.
I am quite stressed because of this. Also had had a job offer which they rejected because my EEA family permit stamp has expired.
I explained them that i do not renew the visa and i am entitled to work but no joy.

Cannot wait for this thing to be over.

Hoping if someone can help whats the best way to sort out these referee problem.
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Citizenship Referees

Post by milan69 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:49 pm

Manager of VAT registered company can be your first referee.
I am sometimes wrong.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:50 pm

milan69 wrote:Manager of VAT registered company can be your first referee.

Many thanks

Can "business analyst" be second referee ?
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:07 pm

For a second referee profession is not important. What is important is that he/she is over 25 years old and is British Citizen.
I am sometimes wrong.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:51 pm

milan69 wrote:For a second referee profession is not important. What is important is that he/she is over 25 years old and is British Citizen.
Many Milan69. You are a star. I will go sleep bit better tonight.

Also another question.

I have been in employment since last 6 Years with no gaps.

Since September 2013 I became self employed.
I have contacted HMRC for registration and TAX (unfortunately have not made any serious profits as I expected . The business takes time to build ). They advised me to contact in April as i have not been trading that log for them to consider self assessment.

I can provide my business transactions and statements would that be enough ?
or do I need to contact HMRC for some information ?

Once again much much appreciate your help. I am bit stressed because of this if I am honest.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:03 pm

On UKBA web site it says:
If you are self-employed or a businessperson, you should provide evidence from HM Revenue & Customs confirming that you have paid tax over the relevant period.

On what basis are you applying for naturalization and have you been employed before September 2013?
I am sometimes wrong.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:13 pm

milan69 wrote:On what basis are you applying for naturalization and have you been employed before September 2013?
yes i was employed all throught until September. Have all payslips & P60s and proof of employment etc.

Married to EEA citizen (my Wife is Polish)
I was issued with a residence card (Family member of an EEA national in May 09) Valid till May 14
I am in UK since Nov 2007 on EEA Family permit
My wife applied her WRS and got it.

so I am applying on the basis of
1. Apply after 6 years in the UK. This includes 5 years of exercising treaty rights + 1 year with PR. You will need to provide proof of the 5 years (similar to what is needed in EEA3/EEA4 application). Form AN has a specific section (Q2.4-2.6) for such application.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:17 pm

I can not give you the right answer and I suggest you ask senior members or start a new thread under Self Employed.
By the way your referees should have known you personally for at least three years.
I am sometimes wrong.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:20 pm

milan69 wrote:On UKBA web site it says:
If you are self-employed or a businessperson, you should provide evidence from HM Revenue & Customs confirming that you have paid tax over the relevant period.

On what basis are you applying for naturalization and have you been employed before September 2013?
Yes I checked it and also contacted HM revenue.The person who answered the phone responded with
" you started your business in September 13 so its too early for us to assess if there is any tax liability. contact us in April 14" I have not made any profits so there is no tax liability I am just wondering what to do in this situation. Any one in similar situation ?

Simimanek
Newly Registered

Post by Simimanek » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:21 pm

Hi all,

I of my referee is a software engineer british citizen
The otther is Hr consultant british citizen

Are these referees fine??

Please help

Thanks

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:43 pm

Second referee should be over 25 and a BC.
I am sometimes wrong.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:01 pm

Simimanek wrote:Hi all,

I of my referee is a software engineer british citizen
The otther is Hr consultant british citizen

Are these referees fine??

Please help

Thanks
Is the consultant actually working as a personnel officer for a limited company right now? OR is the Software Engineer a member of the British Computer Society (and/or a Chartered Engineer)?

Simimanek
Newly Registered

Post by Simimanek » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:25 pm

Hi thank you for the reply

Both are above 25

Software engineer is working for well known finance company and consultant in a recruting firm