ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by rina » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:32 am

bsmith13 wrote:Congrats Summer 2013. Please can you shed more light on your JR process. Did the HO tell you they weren't reconsidering their decision when you did your PAP or you never got a response.

@Rina how far with you JR do you have decision on it or you're still waiting and when did you lodge yours please?
I lodged mine in March so still waiting apparently it is a long process takes from 6 to 9 months. The H/O seem confident on their end with my case as they haven't sent any letters asking me to withdraw mine so I guess it will be going all the way unless the man upstairs says otherwise.

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:11 am

morning everyone, nilemarques i did not had any type of leave before applying. In fact never had any since we came here 11 years ago.
Bsmith13 we send PAP letter September no reply from HO. Lodged JR end of October, mid January HO asked to withdraw as they would reconsider our case within 3 months. on 4th of March had a request for biometrics but it was a delay because we had to call and correct my sons name.
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:06 pm

@God'sAuthority , @Summer2013

Yippppeeee!! OMG Ladiezzzz!!
Im absolutely, totally overjoyed for you both!!!
*DANCING &SINGUNG HAPPY SONGS*

Well done!! Its been a rough ride,but we made it through against the odds!!!!

XXXXXXXXX
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:25 pm

hello@verb how you doing? Please come some times in the forum. Your presence in the forum smiles us and give some fighthing spirit. God bless you and your family, enjoy your free life.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:35 pm

[quote="summer2013"]morning everyone, nilemarques i did not had any type of leave before applying. In fact never had any since we came here 11 years ago.
Bsmith13 we send PAP letter September no reply from HO. Lodged JR end of October, mid January HO asked to withdraw as they would reconsider our case within 3 months. on 4th of March had a request for biometrics but it was a delay because we had to call and correct my sons name.[/quote]

@ Summer! That's amazing! Your journey gives me so much hope as your case is very very similar to mine and z couple of other people. I'm still waiting on my JR. In my case the HO have asked me to withdraw and have said that they are not going to seek an extension. So it appears I'll be taking my battle right down to the wire. Anyway, well done once again for kicking their butts!! Lol!! They need that once in a while!!

Hopefull3
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by Hopefull3 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Hopefull3 wrote:Hello everyone
I have been following this thread for a long time now. today I decided to register and share my storey.
I came into the UK since September 2004 illegally.
I met my British partner in 2005
We have three children, two of which have gotten there British passports
I made a Flr O application based on my British children using a solicitor on 23 of April 2010.
My application was refused on 5 feb 2011
my solicitor sent a reconsideration request and the home office received it the 7 of march 2011.
I have involved my MP since 2012 and home office keep telling me through my MP that my case is yet to be allocated to a case worker.
Then early this year my solicitor sent the Home office a letter before action giving them 24 working days to reply. Hoping the letter will help speed my case. But the home office completely ignored the letter.
I cannot go a head with judicial review as I cannot afford to.
Two months ago I sent another letter to me MP asking him to get an update from the home office.

I have received a reply from him stating that, (I quote from their letter to me),
We are currently handling a queue of particularly complex cases. Our ability to deal with reconsideration request is very much dependent on the number of applications and associated correspondence submitted at any one time, and the resources available to process them. It is however, envisaged that all representations will be considered by the end of September .

My MP has advised that I should contact him again if I don't hear anything by the end of October

I am waiting and hoping for my good news

Hello everyone,
Some time ago I posted on here,
I will like to tell everyone that I have been granted leave to remain.
Its been a very long road for me, and I am so glad that I have gotten a well deserved break.
All the best to those still waiting.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Re: Re:

Post by dapsonlee » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:48 pm

Hopefull3 wrote:
Hopefull3 wrote:Hello everyone
I have been following this thread for a long time now. today I decided to register and share my storey.
I made a Flr O application based on my British children using a solicitor on 23 of April 2010.
my solicitor sent a reconsideration request and the home office received it the 7 of march 2011.
I have involved my MP since 2012 and home office keep telling me through my MP that my case is yet to be allocated to a case worker.
Then early this year my solicitor sent the Home office a letter before action giving them 24 working days to reply. Hoping the letter will help speed my case. But the home office completely ignored the letter.
Two months ago I sent another letter to me MP asking him to get an update from the home office.

I have received a reply from him stating that, (I quote from their letter to me),
We are currently handling a queue of particularly complex cases. Our ability to deal with reconsideration request is very much dependent on the number of applications and associated correspondence submitted at any one time, and the resources available to process them. It is however, envisaged that all representations will be considered by the end of September .

My MP has advised that I should contact him again if I don't hear anything by the end of October

I am waiting and hoping for my good news

Hello everyone,
Its been a very long road for me, and I am so glad that I have gotten a well deserved break.
All the best to those still waiting.

A big hearty congratulations sir. An investment in the biggest champagne bottle to celebrate this victory is well deserved especially for this testimonial journey. You won big sir. Things are beginning to turn around once again with joyful news and I pray that before the end of this year, we will join you to celebrate this moment. Goodluck to you and your beautiful family. Congratulations and happy Easter! :)

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Re: Re:

Post by nilemarques » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:46 pm

[quote="Hopefull3"][quote="Hopefull3"]Hello everyone

I am waiting and hoping for my good news[/quote]

Hello everyone,
All the best to those still waiting.[/quote]

Congratulations Hopefull3!! I wish you all the best! Seems we've scored a few good goals in the last week!! Lol!! To all those waiting, I say hang on in there! The finish line is now in sight and you need to keep the faith.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:14 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:hello@verb how you doing? Please come some times in the forum. Your presence in the forum smiles us and give some fighthing spirit. God bless you and your family, enjoy your free life.
Awwwwwh bless! :) Im very well, thank you!! I most certanly will be popping on here every now and then!! Blessings for you and your lovely family!!

Shout outs to the forum crew!! I wont name no names, you know who you are!!! *Cyber hugs* :D xxxxxxxxxx
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:08 pm

verbina good to see you back honey!! hope you had a fantastic break.
nilemarques that sound positive you will hear very soon your good news!!

i made this battle with you guys and I want dessaper until all get their favourite outcome!!
BLESS YOU ALL
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:08 pm

[quote="summer2013"]verbina good to see you back honey!! hope you had a fantastic break.
nilemarques that sound positive you will hear very soon your good news!!

i made this battle with you guys and I want dessaper until all get their favourite outcome!!
BLESS YOU ALL[/quote]

I hope so @Summer2013. I have left everything in God's hands!
@Verbs. It's been a while!!! Hope everything's A ok?? Good to hear from you!

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:59 pm

Congrats @Hopeful!!!!! It's really pouring with favour once again. I pray this will continue and we will all have victory very SOON, Amen....

I'm rejoicing with you.
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:20 pm

Good evening all and warm welcome back to verbina and crystal newbie . Hope you are both doing fine! Not to meaning to steal your thunder there @Hopeful....but many congrats to you on a battle well fought. Enjoy your freedom!
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

God's Authority

Post by God's Authority » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:26 pm

[quote="verbina"]@God'sAuthority , @Summer2013

Last edited by God's Authority on Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

God's Authority

Post by God's Authority » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:28 pm

God's Authority wrote:
verbina wrote:@God'sAuthority , @Summer2013

XXXXXXXXX
Verbinaaaaa!!!! Am so pleased to read from you dear sis.Thank you so much.Even more thanks for the long standing support. It's been a journey. Thank God for everything. Am sure you having a good time with your lovely girl. Stay blessed x

Crystal newbie, been a minute.Very pleased and Good to read from you. Thanks so much dear. God bless you. Thanks a lot ,am truly grateful :)

Tom no engine
Newly Registered

Post by Tom no engine » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:38 pm

Hi guys..congratulations to all that have been granted their freedom.. keep the faith to all those waiting for a decision and don't give up hope to all those refused.. So my lawyer resubmitted my application which was rejected for non payment about a month ago and today I got the sad news HO have refused the second application due to non payment.. they believe I'm not destitute and therefore should pay the fee..I applied flr o seven year rule...I have been gathering some funds but cannot afford to pay for both my dependants.. I nearly have enough to pay for myself and my daughter who is 8yrs old..both my kids are not british and I've read about people with british kids getting refused.. to get the rest of the money to pay for me and one dependant I'm gonna have to pawn the little stuff that I own..it's a massive gamble since I'm not guaranteed a positive result.. my lawyer does say I have a strong case but she also said I would get a fee waiver which turned out to be impossible.. any advice would be greatly appreciated.. thanks guys

naba

Post by naba » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:50 pm

Please help me...I need to let HO know that I ended contract with my solicitor and expect HO to contact me directly. what is the HO contact where I should contact for this? Thank you friends for the support. God bless us!

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:10 pm

Hi guys... Thanks for all your help, I submitted a free application on The 7th of march, they received it on the 10th, did my free biometrics on the 1st and got a letter with all my documents yesterday saying I have been granted 30months. My brp came today, but I wasn't home so I booked a redelivery for tomorrow... I just wanna thank everyone for all your support..I still can't believe it! I didn't pay a dime...God is good..

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:30 pm

evie233 wrote:Hi guys... Thanks for all your help, I submitted a free application on The 7th of march, they received it on the 10th, did my free biometrics on the 1st and got a letter with all my documents yesterday saying I have been granted 30months. My brp came today, but I wasn't home so I booked a redelivery for tomorrow... I just wanna thank everyone for all your support..I still can't believe it! I didn't pay a dime...God is good..

Evie233- congratulations is was a well deserved victory. I wish you all the best. Once again congratulations
Your expectation will manifest very soon

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:41 pm

Kukuwife wrote:
evie233 wrote:Hi guys... Thanks for all your help, I submitted a free application on The 7th of march, they received it on the 10th, did my free biometrics on the 1st and got a letter with all my documents yesterday saying I have been granted 30months. My brp came today, but I wasn't home so I booked a redelivery for tomorrow... I just wanna thank everyone for all your support..I still can't believe it! I didn't pay a dime...God is good..

Evie233- congratulations is was a well deserved victory. I wish you all the best. Once again congratulations

That was some supersonic speed application. Congratulations to you and have a beautiful early summer and Easter :)

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:44 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
Kukuwife wrote:

That was some supersonic speed application. Congratulations to you and have a beautiful early summer and Easter :)
Thanks guys..thanks so much...love u all..

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:07 pm

Hello all,

@ evie a hearty congrats to you! We are awash with visas once again. All the best!

@tom no engine - i 'm certain your lawyers included a cover letter and proof of your destitute status alongside your applications? If not i would suggest you seek help from the CAB who can direct you to a charitable organisation and they are able to facilitate a cover note of your situation. In most cases if you are on what they call 'section4' this is sufficient enough to prove your situation! However, it is mostly limited to asylum seekers but not uncommon for flr(o) applicants to receive it too! So best of luck.

@naba, you need to fax and physically send what they call an 'attachment of authority' to the relevant case unit in sheffield or liverpool the letter goes as such;

State your full name and address plus telephone number- home office reference number- Date of birth & nationality
Important you put the date!

To whom it may concern,

I write to inform you that 'so and so solicitors' will no longer be representing me in my case with immediate effect. Please kindly amend your records and use the above mentioned address ( your address) for any future correspondence on the case.

Yours sincerely,

(Signature)

Naba

Excuse typos i am not renowned for long posts.

Hope floats to all those waiting
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

elastep

Post by elastep » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:19 pm

@God'sAuthority, @Summer2013, @eveie233 and those that have been granted Congratulations!!! :D A well deserved victory. Hip! Hip! Hip! Horay!! :lol: I'm wishing you all a very blessed future and good luck.
The good Lord is working his miracle and its time for all of us to come forward and claim our own blessings.
Guys don't forget to pop in every now and then to check on us as Queen Verb does :lol:

Update on my situation. I have been given a new hearing date for the last week of May 2014 as the Court felt that Home Office have had enough time to reconsider my case and as they have failed to reach a decision the hearing will proceed next month. So guys now I have to wait and see what HO next move will be. I pray and hope they decide to settle out of court and pay my expenses.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

naba

Post by naba » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:43 pm

Dear Believe2013, Thank you so much. Just to let you know that I called HO and advised to fill in a form from the website. I found the link https://contact-ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... geAddress/ and I have done 'update my contact detail'. I'm not sure I have done the right one. Please do advise me. Thank you again, God bless you hun.

Believe2013 wrote:Hello all,

@ evie a hearty congrats to you! We are awash with visas once again. All the best!

@tom no engine - i 'm certain your lawyers included a cover letter and proof of your destitute status alongside your applications? If not i would suggest you seek help from the CAB who can direct you to a charitable organisation and they are able to facilitate a cover note of your situation. In most cases if you are on what they call 'section4' this is sufficient enough to prove your situation! However, it is mostly limited to asylum seekers but not uncommon for flr(o) applicants to receive it too! So best of luck.

@naba, you need to fax and physically send what they call an 'attachment of authority' to the relevant case unit in sheffield or liverpool the letter goes as such;

State your full name and address plus telephone number- home office reference number- Date of birth & nationality
Important you put the date!

To whom it may concern,

I write to inform you that 'so and so solicitors' will no longer be representing me in my case with immediate effect. Please kindly amend your records and use the above mentioned address ( your address) for any future correspondence on the case.

Yours sincerely,

(Signature)

Naba

Excuse typos i am not renowned for long posts.

Hope floats to all those waiting

naba

Post by naba » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:46 pm

What a great news evie233! Congratulations and enjoy your freedom. God bless us!