ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from EEA2 to anyother category

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mawais263
Newly Registered

Switching from EEA2 to anyother category

Post by mawais263 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:34 pm

Hi All,

Urgent help needed please.

I am unmarried partner of EEA national. I received EEA2 in April 2012 but i think we are going to break up soon. I am in this country for 7.5 years now, Please can anybody suggest any option I can switch from EEA2. I am a UK graduate & my company can sponsor me. Can I switch to Tier 4 student visa or Tier 2 Sponsor?

Please can anybody help.

Kind Regards

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Switching from EEA2 to anyother category

Post by chaoclive » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:45 pm

You need to check if these applications can be made in the UK or outside the UK in your home country...

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:35 pm

mawais263 wrote:Hi All,

I am unmarried partner of EEA national. I received EEA2 in April 2012 but i think we are going to break up soon. I am in this country for 7.5 years now, Please can anybody suggest any option I can switch from EEA2. I am a UK graduate & my company can sponsor me. Can I switch to Tier 4 student visa or Tier 2 Sponsor?

Please can anybody help.

Kind Regards
it will have to be a fresh application.

Your current status derives from a relationship to an EEA citizen. once thats no longer the case you will have to make a fresh application on the new status I believe. The 2 will be completely separate issues.
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:45 am

is anyone switched from EEA2 to any there category inside the country?
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

mawais263
Newly Registered

Post by mawais263 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:12 am

runie80 wrote:

Please can anybody help.

Kind Regards
it will have to be a fresh application.

Your current status derives from a relationship to an EEA citizen. once thats no longer the case you will have to make a fresh application on the new status I believe. The 2 will be completely separate issues.

Thanks for the reply Ronie.

As I am in UK since feb 2007 & I can get ILR after 10 years legally in UK, my question is wether can I Apply for anyother category from UK ? If I apply from my country, my previous 7 years would not be counted?

Kind Regards

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:19 am

Please can anybody help.

Kind Regards
You will normally be required to apply out-of-country if you wanted to switch from the EEA regulations to other categories, except in human right cases. Whilst you can switch from any other category in-country to the EEA regulations, you cannot do the same vice versa.

mawais263
Newly Registered

Post by mawais263 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:28 pm

dalebutt wrote:

Please can anybody help.

Kind Regards
You will normally be required to apply out-of-country if you wanted to switch from the EEA regulations to other categories, except in human right cases. Whilst you can switch from any other category in-country to the EEA regulations, you cannot do the same vice versa.
Thanks a lot Dalebutt.
If I apply under human rights, are there any chances in my favour although I am in UK since Feb 2007?

Much appreciated & Regards