ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Absencess

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

korikos
Newly Registered

ILR Absencess

Post by korikos » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:48 pm

Guys & Gals

I need an urgent help on my absences as well. I am applying for ILR as a Tier 2 General migrant. I was previously a work permit holder. My previous employer for which I worked until July 2013 is not able to provide details of my absences before 2012 as the records were deleted while they were undertaking some maintenance on company intranet. They did not keep paper records. They provided me letter explaining the situation and confirming that I did not have any unpaid leave and break from the service. They also confirmed that my role required business trips overseas. Back in 2009 I had 1 day off to go back to my country to have a neck MRI and January 2010 3 days off again back to my country for some medical tests. My lawyer advised me to show them as 'personal absence' rather than annual leave but I am not sure if they would accept 'personal absence' for someone who is applying via Tier 2/Work Permit route?

Btw my longest absence in any 12 month is 48 days and total absence in five years is 181 days.

Urgent advice is very much appreciated.