ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation Evidence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

truesoul21
Newly Registered

Cohabitation Evidence

Post by truesoul21 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:11 pm

Hi gurus,

I am going to apply for ILR using SET (O) form for myself, my wife and our two years old daughter. We have been living with my brother for the last three years. I don't pay any rent and have no utility bills in our name. We do have a few letters from Home office and NHS for my wife. I have some bank statements and my car insurance documents.

I am not sure if these documents would be enough. Reading the guidance notes for the SET (M) form, I discovered that if you or your partner or both of you have been living with a relative/friend then a letter from the relative/family member should be provided. I can ask my brother to write a letter and he can provide his mortgage statements as evidence for owning the property.
Would this be right for SET (O).

If my brother is providing a letter, is there a particular template that I need to follow. The content would be pretty much along the lines that my brother would confirm stating my and my wife's names with date of births that we have been living with him for the last two year stating specific dates.

Also, is it wise to choose the payment method as Cheque(I am applying by post)? I am using cheque because my card expires in May and I'll be applying at the end of April. I am not sure when the office would take the payment so to be on safe side I am choosing a Cheque as a payment method.

Can someone please provide guidance, this is urgent and sorry for being in rush.

Regards,

Nasir.

Bobgene
Newly Registered

Re: Cohabitation Evidence

Post by Bobgene » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:35 pm

Hi Nasir,

If you're applying ILR using Set (O) then you need to show letters, bills, document for 2 years both yourself and your wife.

Car Insurance Poilicy and Bank Statment should be enough but if you've any utility bills, council tax that would be additional advantage.

I applied today and showed only Mortgage Statement and 1 Utility Bill.

My advise is to not to confuse any letter from your brother as you're not using Set (M)

Good Luck,

truesoul21
Newly Registered

Post by truesoul21 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:04 pm

Thanks Bobgene,

The problem is I don't have enough documents to cover the two years period (from three different sources). That is why I was asking if I include a letter from my brother as I don't have any utility bills or council tax in my name.

I think I'll include what I have and write a letter explaining my situation. I will also explain in this letter that I have attached another letter from my brother confirming our cohabitation on the address as a further evidence.

Regards,

Nasir

Bobgene
Newly Registered

Post by Bobgene » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:54 pm

truesoul21 wrote:Thanks Bobgene,

The problem is I don't have enough documents to cover the two years period (from three different sources). That is why I was asking if I include a letter from my brother as I don't have any utility bills or council tax in my name.

I think I'll include what I have and write a letter explaining my situation. I will also explain in this letter that I have attached another letter from my brother confirming our cohabitation on the address as a further evidence.

Regards,

Nasir

Nasir,

You can show a rent agreement in both names from your brother .... Otherwise it would be better getting letter from your brother.

Good luck.