ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by rehan01 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:25 pm

Thx shantha

Regards
shantha wrote:
rehan01 wrote:Dear All,

I applied LR on 11/04/2014
HO Received on : 14/04/2014
Fees Deducted : 15/04/2014

just wondering how long does it take before we get acknowledgement and biometric letter?

regards
Within 10 to 15 days
ILR Applied: 11-04-2014
Biometric Done: 01-05-2014
Approval Received: 20-08-2014 (Letter Dated: 18-08-2014)
BRP Received: 21-08-2014 (Valid from: 18-08-2014)

Alhamdulillah now enjoying my FREEDOM

Got British Passport December 2015

shantha

Post by shantha » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:26 pm

People if you don't know how to use Excel don't edit open drive. Thank You

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:58 pm

Can someone please update my timeline.
Application sent: 02/04/2014
Acknowledgment: 10/04/2014
Biometric letter:15/04/2014
Biometric done:15/04/2014
Decision: waiting

Thanks and good luck to all.

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:07 pm

Well Come to the waiting club bro.....But I hope u will get it in 10 -12 weeks as number of applications is going down after JAN....
prem_singh123 wrote:Can someone please update my timeline.
Application sent: 02/04/2014
Acknowledgment: 10/04/2014
Biometric letter:15/04/2014
Biometric done:15/04/2014
Decision: waiting

Thanks and good luck to all.
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

A1ejazz
Newly Registered

Post by A1ejazz » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:14 pm

Hi, I have been a silent reader of this forum and visited it everyday,
Alhamdulillah I have got my biometric card today, :D
The issue date is 11/04/014
I applied on 20/01/2014
Please fellow anxious members, don't worry. I pray that yours will be on their ways soon too.
Have not received the documents yet. But I m sooo relieved.
Thanks everybody for ur kind help and time. I have also applied for my wife on flr m on 3rd of this month, as she was here since oct 2005.
Regards

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:33 pm

Congrats Mate ...Thanks for the good news ....Waiting here and now getting little nervous.....
A1ejazz wrote:Hi, I have been a silent reader of this forum and visited it everyday,
Alhamdulillah I have got my biometric card today, :D
The issue date is 11/04/014
I applied on 20/01/2014
Please fellow anxious members, don't worry. I pray that yours will be on their ways soon too.
Have not received the documents yet. But I m sooo relieved.
Thanks everybody for ur kind help and time. I have also applied for my wife on flr m on 3rd of this month, as she was here since oct 2005.
Regards

weaklink
Newly Registered

Post by weaklink » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:06 pm

Hi All,

Thank you for all the help and moral support i got my ILR approval letter and BRP today below is the timeline

App date: 21/01/2014
Ack Letter: 24/01/2014
BRP Letter: 05/02/2014
BRP Enrolled: 06/02/2014
Approval&BRP: 15/04/2014

My wishes with all who are waiting to get the good news

bhamblues

Post by bhamblues » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:16 pm

Hi,
As I had mentioned in a post last week, I applied for my wife's FLR(M) on 2nd April. My bank had advised me that HO tried to take payment on 4th but they had inputted wrong security code and hence payment was declined. I spoke to HO on 7th & they told me to resend the payment page along with a letter explaining what happened. HO confirmed that they have received new payment details on 9th April & that the payment would be processed again. Its nearly a week & still payment hasn't been taken from my card. I speak to HO everyday and they told me to wait patiently. They also said no documents have been returned to me yet. My wife's visa expires on 25th April. Just want to know if anyone has been in a similar position before. Would home office take payment using my revised payment details?? Also how long does it take for HO to resend my application as invalid? If I receive her application back after 25th April, would she be classed as an over stayer(& loses the right to work) ??
Senior members or anyone been in similar situation kindly share your thoughts.Thanks
“Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies”

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:17 pm

Congrats Mate .......enjoy your freedom and pray for us....
weaklink wrote:Hi All,

Thank you for all the help and moral support i got my ILR approval letter and BRP today below is the timeline

Last edited by KashRIz on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:18 pm

weaklink wrote:Hi All,

congratulation.... skydrive updated alongwith A1ejazz time line.. bring it on... Jan applicaitons..

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:28 pm

Hi allwell46,
As all of us have been discussing this since this morning that Home Office is trying to confuse us all, by shifting the goal post again. But we need to be focused and know what is our rights.
Rules are quite clear, any body applying on or after 06th April 2014 for FLR(M) doesn't matter if they are on a PBS dependent status already or not have to spend the qualifying time, which now as it stands and according to the discussions that we are having on the forum look like to be 5 years. The 2 years qualifying rule seems to be just for the dependents who were on the PBS dependent status prior to 09th July 2012, and that they have applied for FLR(M) before 06th April 2014. (Please put me correct if I am wrong on this)
Dependents who were already on PBS dependent status prior to 09th July 2012 and have now applied their FLR(M) before 06th April 2014, can still claim their time spend already and can combine that with the time spend as a dependent of a settled person after their FLR(M), that is because they are still covered by the transitional arrangement, and their case falls under Part 8 of the immigration rules.
The case link that you quoted you could see in that case that the Home Office clearly confused the case and issued a wrong visa with wrong instructions that the lady have to wait for 5 years to qualify for the ILR, but you could see that our valuable member Amber have rightly directed her to the right course of action. So guys as other valued members have been commenting that we should be ready for more confusing decisions from Home Office regards to FLR(M) dependent visas. Let's hold our nerves and let the dust settle, and hope more members can post their FLR(M) experiences so that others could be helped. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

allwell46 wrote:Dear shahjee1234

Can you please comment on this.
What is the situation now and how does it affect the dependants who have already applied before 6 april 2014 and those who has not but will apply after 6 april 2014. Both came to country as pbs dependant before july 2012.

Also please see this one as well by amber
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 62028.html
Regards.

GOd Helps wrote:HI iMI99999,SHAH1234 AND OTHERS
I HAD SENT HO an email relating to the nerw laws sharing the reply i\ got i hope this helps CHECK FAQS.
Thank you for your email. We are not able to answer external customer enquiries.

Please see our website to find contact information for your enquiry: https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi

Your email has not be forwarded. The Home Office does not provide immigration advice. If you need advice on your individual circumstances, you should contact an Immigration Advisor registered with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC): http://oisc.homeoffice.gov.uk/

You may find the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) below and links to guidance useful.

Angela Coupe

Operational Policy and Rules Unit

Family Migration Operational Policy

Immigration and Border Policy Directorate

Links to Guidance

1.Family Members – Partners and Article 8

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _1__1_.pdf

2.Family Members – Transitional Arrangements

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -guide.pdf

3.Family Members – Financial Requirement

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... I6.doc.pdf

4.English Language requirement for Leave to Remain as a Family Member

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... h_lang.pdf

FAQs

Question: An applicant was granted leave onto the family route before the 9 July 2012 change to the Immigration Rules. Do they need to meet the new Rules in Appendix FM at their extension application?

Answer: No, anyone granted leave on the basis of the Rules in place before 9 July 2012 will need to meet those Rules when applying for further leave or ILR. Please see the above Transitional Arrangements guidance on our website.

Question: Do all dependants of PBS Migrants who have been granted ILR need to apply for leave to remain as the Partner of a settled person?

Answer: This will depend on how the PBS Migrant applied for ILR. If they applied on the basis of being a PBS Migrant (for example under Tier 1 or Tier 2) then their dependants will not need to switch and can apply for an extension as a PBS dependant until they meet the requirements for ILR themselves.

If the PBS Migrant applied for ILR under the Long Residency provision, then their dependants are no longer considered as dependants of a PBS migrant and they must apply for permission to stay in the UK in another category.

Please see our website for further information:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-1-2-4-5

Question: A PBS dependant has applied as the Partner of a settled person, are they considered under Part 8 or Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules?

Answer: From 6 April 2014, all dependants of PBS migrants who apply for leave to remain as the Partner of a Settled person on form FLR(M) will be considered under Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. They must meet all the requirements of these Rules (including the financial requirement where necessary). The above Transitional Arrangements guidance will be updated on 6 April 2014 to reflect this position.

A PBS dependant applying directly for ILR on form SET(M) will not meet the ILR requirements and they must first apply for limited leave on form FLR(M).

Question: What applicants need to meet the English language requirement for Partners and Parents?

Answer: Applicant need to meet this requirement if they are applying for Entry Clearance or Leave to Remain (LTR) as a Partner or Parent of a settled person on a 5 year route to settlement. They can meet the requirement in one of the following ways:

- By passing an acceptable test at a minimum level of A1 of the Common European framework of Reference (CEFR) with an approved provider; or

- By being a national of a majority English speaking country; or

- By having an academic qualification equivalent to a Bachelor’s or Masters degree or PhD in the UK, which was taught in English.

Question: Is the English language requirement for Partners and Parents the same as the Knowledge of Language and Life (KOLL) requirement for settlement and citizenship?

Answer: No, this is a separate requirement and asks for a different level of English. Passing the Life in the UK test does not count towards the English language requirement.

Question: An applicant needs to meet a qualifying period before applying for indefinite leave to remain (ILR). When does this begin?

Answer: If they entered the route overseas, the qualifying period will begin when they arrived in the UK. If they ‘switched’ into the route within the UK, the qualifying period begins on the date they were granted leave.

Question: Do dependants of PBS Migrants who apply for LTR as the Partner of a settled person begin their qualifying period again?

Answer: If the applicant was granted LTR under paragraph 284 of Part 8 of the Immigration Rules (following an application made prior to 6 April 2014) they can combine their leave as a PBS dependant with leave as the Partner of a settled person to meet the qualifying period under paragraph 287.

All other applicants must start their qualifying period again.
[/quote]
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:51 pm

GUYSSSSSSSS GUYSSSSS GUYSSSSSSSSS....need little bit help here....I have tracked my return bag and royal mail is saying it is tracked at warrington this evening.... just wondering why is it in warrington mail depot as we all know HO is processing applications from liverpool. Pray for me guysss it will be a very longggggggggggggg longggggggggggggggg night .........

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:05 pm

@ kashriz easy man ..... May be its showing last scanned while en route to you

Hopefully it will be good news tmw

Regards
KashRIz wrote:GUYSSSSSSSS GUYSSSSS GUYSSSSSSSSS....need little bit help here....I have tracked my return bag and royal mail is saying it is tracked at warrington this evening.... just wondering why is it in warrington mail depot as we all know HO is processing applications from liverpool. Pray for me guysss it will be a very longggggggggggggg longggggggggggggggg night .........
ILR Applied: 11-04-2014
Biometric Done: 01-05-2014
Approval Received: 20-08-2014 (Letter Dated: 18-08-2014)
BRP Received: 21-08-2014 (Valid from: 18-08-2014)

Alhamdulillah now enjoying my FREEDOM

Got British Passport December 2015

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:08 pm

Kashriz hope it's a great news for you tomorrow. Keep us updated
KashRIz wrote:GUYSSSSSSSS GUYSSSSS GUYSSSSSSSSS....need little bit help here....I have tracked my return bag and royal mail is saying it is tracked at warrington this evening.... just wondering why is it in warrington mail depot as we all know HO is processing applications from liverpool. Pray for me guysss it will be a very longggggggggggggg longggggggggggggggg night .........

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by khan_81 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:13 pm

Tuck tuck

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:37 pm

Thanks a lot Rehan and Prem....I just cant sleep tonight....

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:38 pm

Hi KashRIz,
Not to worry mate, it is definitely good news. As we heard good news from 21st January applicant getting sorted today so obviously it was your turn as you are 17th January. Good news keep coming. :lol:
Regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:42 pm

Thanks alot Shahjee.....Its just the last week and now the last night......Just cant wait now I be waiting for POSTIE right out side my home .......I be late at work tomorrow for obvious reasons.....I hope its a good news I hope and pray....
shahjee1234 wrote:
Hi KashRIz,
Not to worry mate, it is definitely good news. As we heard good news from 21st January applicant getting sorted today so obviously it was your turn as you are 17th January. Good news keep coming. :lol:
Regards
Shahjee

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:23 am

Insha Allah it is definitely good news. Take well sleep. Normally its good news if sorted out in 3 months. Insha Allah everything will be ok. And dont forget pray for us after getting yours. lol

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:39 am

Thanks....inshallah it will be a good news & I m praying for you guys and will always be coming here to support u all....
msmussaf wrote:

Insha Allah it is definitely good news. Take well sleep. Normally its good news if sorted out in 3 months. Insha Allah everything will be ok. And dont forget pray for us after getting yours. lol

Shah-baz110
Newly Registered

Post by Shah-baz110 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:17 am

KashRiz all the best bro. I worked in the post office and know a little bit about postcodes. The reason why its showing Warrington is because liverpool Warrington postcodes all come under Warrington. Thats how they operate .
Hope it helps,
All the best

ik_aam_insaan

Post by ik_aam_insaan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:35 am

I need a little help my wife visa tier 1 dependent is valid till 2016 but i have received my ILR last week . do I have to apply within 28 days for flr m ? If i dont will she be considered as overstayed or out of time application if applied after 28 days ?
What happens if i delay her application for 6 months is that possible ?

I am applying for my child mn1.
do i have to send my original passport and brp or copies will be enough ?

thanks
Date of App: 07/04/2015
Date of Receipt by UKVI: 08/04/2015
Date of Fees taken: 29/04/2015
Date of Acknowledgment: 07/05/2015
Date of Biometrics Received and Done: 07/05/2015
Date of Approval: 21/09/2015 received ( 23/05/2015)
Date of Ceremony:

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:36 am

Helloo friends...Finally got my good news. what a journey whole 10 years and then last 3 months of wait any way its great news for me and I wish u all very best who are waiting and I would like to thank you all for support without u guys it would have been very difficult....

Application Sent:17/01/2014
Payment Taken out:21/01/2014
Ackn letter:24/01/2014
Bio letter rec:03/02/2014
Biometrics enrll:05/02/2014
Approval Letter: 15/04/2014
Doc received: 16/04/2014
BRP : Still Waiting..........

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by khan_81 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:42 am

Congratulations KashRiz and all the best for the future. And remember us in your prayers.

KashRIz wrote:Helloo friends...Finally got my good news. what a journey whole 10 years and then last 3 months of wait any way its great news for me and I wish u all very best who are waiting and I would like to thank you all for support without u guys it would have been very difficult....

shantha

Post by shantha » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:42 am

KashRIz wrote:Helloo friends...Finally got my good news. what a journey whole 10 years and then last 3 months of wait any way its great news for me and I wish u all very best who are waiting and I would like to thank you all for support without u guys it would have been very difficult....

Congrats.....!