ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with EEA2 application form - First time poster

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nqtneedhelp
Newly Registered

Help with EEA2 application form - First time poster

Post by nqtneedhelp » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:13 am

Good morning everyone. Long time lurking first time posting. I read many threads and info on this forum, you do give some great advice and was now hoping to have your help with my situation, I am new to immigration issues.

I am a EU citizen currently living and working in UK (since Feb), my NON EU partner is with me on a 6 months turist visa and
I just learned that we can apply for a Residence card for him as we are in a durable relationship for more then 2 years.

I have printed the EEA2 form Version 4/2014 from the UKBA site, 37 pages of it!
And here are my Questions, sorry if I sound silly.

1) When I send the form back, do I have to send the entire 37 pages or just the pages that we need to fill in? The pages relevant to us are not more then 6 or 7.

2) Do I have to obtain this EEA1 registration certificate at a cost of £55 before my partner can apply for a EEA2? It says it is not mandatory but some people suggests EU people should get it? What is your experience of it?

3) I work for different agencies and I am paid through an umbrella company that does my payslips. Technically my employer is the umbrella company but I do not have a guaranteed set of hours each week. I work when work is available.
On section 6.6 of the form it asks for salary received, as it varies weekly, what should I write there? Do an average peraphs?
On section 6.5 it asks for number of hours worked each week, again I am on call, it varies, do I do an average?

Thanks for taking the time to read this long post and for your invaluable help.

toofan
Member of Standing

Re: Help with EEA2 application form - First time poster

Post by toofan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:32 am

hi welcome to forum,

1. you have to send all form fill only relevant sections.

2. EEA1 IS NOT MANDATORY FOR APPLYING EEA2 . so even without you can send eea2 application.

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

nqtneedhelp
Newly Registered

Post by nqtneedhelp » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:47 pm

Thanks a lot for your answer. Would you know about my question number 3? or anybody else? thanks for help.

oosh
Newly Registered

Post by oosh » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:59 pm

Hey there,

I am in an almost exactly the same situation. How did you go?

I am not sure whether to put the agency name or umbrella company name. My wife (the EEA national) has a guaranteed work contract with the agency but I'm not sure if that is sufficient because of the the whole agency > umbrella company > her thing. Did you have success?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:28 pm

I would also like to know about this.

Sorry - I can't add anything!

nqtneedhelp
Newly Registered

Post by nqtneedhelp » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:07 pm

Hi,
sorry I never replied to you question. Something has happened and we never sent that EE2 form.
I still don't know the answer but thinking about it now I would probably write a cover letter giving contact details of
agencies and umbrella company. How did you do it? Hope all went well for you.