ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required for a Tier 2 Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bibabibab
Newly Registered

Documents required for a Tier 2 Visa

Post by Bibabibab » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:59 pm

Hello. Could someone please help me with these queries. I am rather paranoid that I will get my documentation wrong and would be grateful for some experienced advice to calm my nerves.

Just wondering if anyone knows whether I need to send in the passports I have from my second nationality to the UKVI or just the passports on which I have travelled to the UK. The reason I ask is because I have a current Australian passport in which I have a current Tier 4 visa, as well as a previous Tier 5 visa which is expired. However, I also have passports of my other nationality on which I have never travelled to the UK. Do you I need to send these second set in?

I also wanted to know whether there is any harm is sending in Bank Statements to demonstrate sufficiency of funds if my sponsor has already indicated on the CoS that they will certify maintenance. The reason I am doing this is that I am not sure if that is all is needed or if I need further documentation. My sponsor never mentioned they are doing this. So what I have done is I have drafted a cover letter stating that my sponsor has certified maintenance on my CoS and that my understanding is that this is sufficient evidence, but that I also enclose required bank statements in the event that the maintenance certification is not sufficient proof. Is there any thing wrong with taking this approach?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Documents required for a Tier 2 Visa

Post by manci » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:10 pm

Bibabibab wrote:Hello. Could someone please help me with these queries. I am rather paranoid that I will get my documentation wrong and would be grateful for some experienced advice to calm my nerves.

Just wondering if anyone knows whether I need to send in the passports I have from my second nationality to the UKVI or just the passports on which I have travelled to the UK. The reason I ask is because I have a current Australian passport in which I have a current Tier 4 visa, as well as a previous Tier 5 visa which is expired. However, I also have passports of my other nationality on which I have never travelled to the UK. Do you I need to send these second set in?
no, only one current valid passport is required. See:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... t2-gen.pdf
on the VAF9 application form there is a question about other nationalities you may have.

I also wanted to know whether there is any harm is sending in Bank Statements to demonstrate sufficiency of funds if my sponsor has already indicated on the CoS that they will certify maintenance. The reason I am doing this is that I am not sure if that is all is needed or if I need further documentation. My sponsor never mentioned they are doing this. So what I have done is I have drafted a cover letter stating that my sponsor has certified maintenance on my CoS and that my understanding is that this is sufficient
evidence, but that I also enclose required bank statements in the event that the maintenance certification is not sufficient proof. Is there any thing wrong with taking this approach?
if the sponsor certified maintenance in the CoS (get a printout from the sponsor and check) there is no need submit documents for maintenance