ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:51 pm

KashRIz wrote:I would advise you to apply 28 days before as by the time u will be submitting your application waiting time will be 10 weeks. So its better to apply 28 days before...
and also its valid - why spend a day waiting unnecessary..

i was eligible on 2nd January and sent application on 22nd January.. 20 days late.. hence i am waiting now, otherwise my applicaitons should have been with me by now.. oh well.. a lesson learnd this time.

i have my daughter's MN1 form ready to be sent soon I get my ILR.. no more time wasting.. alerady wasted 10 yrs for it :shock:

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:00 pm

Well I sent my application exactly on 10 years and now i m wondering if I would have sent my application in december I would have got my visa before April 6 and subsequently SET (m) for Mrs by now.. any way I was bit lazy at Xmass period and now I m paying the price. So my suggestion is apply exactly 28 days before your are eligible...... Value time,,,,,,

Hardikjshah83 wrote:
KashRIz wrote:I would advise you to apply 28 days before as by the time u will be submitting your application waiting time will be 10 weeks. So its better to apply 28 days before...

i was eligible on 2nd January and sent application on 22nd January.. 20 days late.. hence i am waiting now, otherwise my applicaitons should have been with me by now.. oh well.. a lesson learnd this time.

i have my daughter's MN1 form ready to be sent soon I get my ILR.. no more time wasting.. alerady wasted 10 yrs for it :shock:
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:08 pm

Yea totally agree with kashriz ..... As soon as u r eligible dont waste a minute and apply .... I completed my time in august 2013 but just submitted ny ilr on 11 april 2014 bcz my tier 1 visa was refused a d was waiting for appeal date abd heating but thanks to Almighty its all sorted and i applied ilr but for dependant i will have to go through new rules etc and 5 years for my mrs before she can apply ilr ..... So dont waste ur time as soon as u r eligible apply

Regards

r
KashRIz wrote:Well I sent my application exactly on 10 years and now i m wondering if I would have sent my application in december I would have got my visa before April 6 and subsequently SET (m) for Mrs by now.. any way I was bit lazy at Xmass period and now I m paying the price. So my suggestion is apply exactly 28 days before your are eligible...... Value time,,,,,,

Hardikjshah83 wrote:

ILR Applied: 11-04-2014
Biometric Done: 01-05-2014
Approval Received: 20-08-2014 (Letter Dated: 18-08-2014)
BRP Received: 21-08-2014 (Valid from: 18-08-2014)

Alhamdulillah now enjoying my FREEDOM

Got British Passport December 2015

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:26 pm

Hi KashRiz & GodHelps,

Many congratulations to both of you and best of luck for the future.

Regards

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:27 pm

Thals Mate and wish u luck.....

March_LR14 wrote:Hi KashRiz & GodHelps,

Regards

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:58 pm

March_LR14 wrote:Hi KashRiz & GodHelps,

Regards
thanks my prayers with you all

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:20 pm

KashRIz wrote:Helloo friends...Finally got my good news. what a journey whole 10 years and then last 3 months of wait any way its great news for me and I wish u all very best who are waiting and I would like to thank you all for support without u guys it would have been very difficult....

Application Sent:17/01/2014
Payment Taken out:21/01/2014
Ackn letter:24/01/2014
Bio letter rec:03/02/2014
Biometrics enrll:05/02/2014
Approval Letter: 15/04/2014
Doc received: 16/04/2014
BRP : Still Waiting..........
Congrats bro and remember in ur prayers

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Post by fielddrive » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:22 pm

CKP wrote:I am eligible to apply for ilr on 10 year long residency on nov 2014. I can also apply for ilr on tier 1 general 5 year route on dec 2015 ( after 1 year)

What do you think which one shall I go for.

I am bit nervous as I have seen some cases on this forum took nearly 12 months.

Please advise me

Thanks bro
I'm in the same situation as you are. I complete 10 years in Sep '14 and 5 years in Aug '15. I think should go for the LR route?

Is there anyway to expedite the application?

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:22 pm

mskhan78 wrote:
weaklink wrote:Hi All,

Thank you for all the help and moral support i got my ILR approval letter and BRP today below is the timeline

App date: 21/01/2014
Ack Letter: 24/01/2014
BRP Letter: 05/02/2014
BRP Enrolled: 06/02/2014
Approval&BRP: 15/04/2014

My wishes with all who are waiting to get the good news

Congratulations...
Congrats bro enjoy ur freedom and pray for us all

tempusfugit
Newly Registered

Post by tempusfugit » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:10 pm

hey guys, it looks like i'm going to be 34 days short of applying for ilr on 10 year rule.
lawyer says 28 day early application isn't permitted b/c of shortfall and even if it was HO would reject b/c of 6 day shortfall.

i might go see another lawyer for a second opinion but also wanted to know what you guys think of the situation.

thanks.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:12 pm

I think lawyer is right bcz if u r more than 28 days than it will be a problem so the best solution apply for another category and than vary the application to lr.

This is my suggestion but wait for other seniors advice.

Regards
tempusfugit wrote:hey guys, it looks like i'm going to be 34 days short of applying for ilr on 10 year rule.
lawyer says 28 day early application isn't permitted b/c of shortfall and even if it was HO would reject b/c of 6 day shortfall.

i might go see another lawyer for a second opinion but also wanted to know what you guys think of the situation.

thanks.

tempusfugit
Newly Registered

Post by tempusfugit » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:15 pm

thanks for quick reply, rehan.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:58 pm

tempusfugit wrote:hey guys, it looks like i'm going to be 34 days short of applying for ilr on 10 year rule.

thanks.
When was your Entry clearance & first Visa permitted and current Visa expiry?

Please ref : https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/eligibility

Says:
Your 10-year qualifying period starts from either:
when you arrived in the UK with a visa
when you were given permission to stay in the UK

Any comments/Experience on second criteria consideration? May your entry clearance visa permission date might fulfil eligibility.
I never seen anyone considering 2 criteria, But it is there. Expertise can shed more light on it.

omar1978

Post by omar1978 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:02 pm

shantha wrote:
omar1978 wrote:hi
My wife got her visa after 9 July 2012..it was November 2012. But she applied on February 2012 for entry visa and her visa was refused but when did appeal they withdrawal their original decision.Previously my wife had 2 years psw dependent visa where she lived with me in UK 3 months but later went back home country.

My question is why we have to consider our-self "after 9 July 2012" it was not our fault they refused and later withdrawn their decision. ECO’s refusal decision is flawed in that he did not consider the relevant evidence.

I will appreciate for your reply, Thank you

Regards
omar
Hi Omar,

How long your wife's leave to remain valid?
Hi

Thanks for your reply..her current visa expiring on August 2016..and my 10 years completed on may 2015

shantha

Post by shantha » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:27 pm

omar1978 wrote:
shantha wrote:
omar1978 wrote:hi
My wife got her visa after 9 July 2012..it was November 2012. But she applied on February 2012 for entry visa and her visa was refused but when did appeal they withdrawal their original decision.Previously my wife had 2 years psw dependent visa where she lived with me in UK 3 months but later went back home country.

My question is why we have to consider our-self "after 9 July 2012" it was not our fault they refused and later withdrawn their decision. ECO’s refusal decision is flawed in that he did not consider the relevant evidence.

Regards
omar
Hi Omar,

How long your wife's leave to remain valid?

Hi

Thanks for your reply..her current visa expiring on August 2016..and my 10 years completed on may 2015
Sorry to here this as you are not settled person in this country you need to wait until you get ilr and then think about or talk about your partners case these all recent changes for partners of Settled or British citizens.

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:32 pm

Hello,

I need one more advice. My ILR(LR) application in process, but my PBS T1 term will be completed in Feb 2015. If i will withdraw my case and will get ILR on PBS T1 basis, would my wife will get the ILR on same time or she have to wait five years??? :?:

Thanks

Regards

Faisal

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:53 pm

I think if she has spent 5 years as tier 1 dependent with u then yes she can...
faisaltanoli wrote:Hello,

I need one more advice. My ILR(LR) application in process, but my PBS T1 term will be completed in Feb 2015. If i will withdraw my case and will get ILR on PBS T1 basis, would my wife will get the ILR on same time or she have to wait five years??? :?:

Thanks

Regards

Faisal

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:00 pm

I dont see any problem in discussing Flr (m) and SET (m) as eventually we all will be in this situation and there is no harm in being proactive and discuss challenges we all going to face in future.....

Hi Omar,

How long your wife's leave to remain valid?[/quote]

Hi

I will appreciate for your reply, Thank you[/quote]

Sorry to here this as you are not settled person in this country you need to wait until you get ilr and then think about or talk about your partners case these all recent changes for partners of Settled or British citizens.[/quote]

tempusfugit
Newly Registered

Post by tempusfugit » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:04 pm

rmkirfan wrote: When was your Entry clearance & first Visa permitted and current Visa expiry?

Please ref : https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/eligibility

Says:
Your 10-year qualifying period starts from either:
when you arrived in the UK with a visa
when you were given permission to stay in the UK

Any comments/Experience on second criteria consideration? May your entry clearance visa permission date might fulfil eligibility.
I never seen anyone considering 2 criteria, But it is there. Expertise can shed more light on it.
Hi rmkirfan,
The start date I'm using is 27 July 2004 on a visit visa. This trip occurred approximately a month and a half before my arrival in Sept of the same year on a student visa. The visit visa was issued in 2002 but only has one other trip on it, which was in 2002, which, I believe rules out counting from the issue date due to the > 180 day gap rule.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:07 pm

rehan01 wrote:I think lawyer is right bcz if u r more than 28 days than it will be a problem so the best solution apply for another category and than vary the application to lr.

This is my suggestion but wait for other seniors advice.

Regards

thanks.
Hi tempusfugit,
I would agree with rehan01 that you apply for any other visa and kill the time till you reach your qualifying time for SET(LR) application, and once there just vary the grounds of your application and apply SET(LR).
I think you could do it your self easily, no need for a lawyer frankly, but obviously the choice is yours. All the best mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:11 pm

KashRIz wrote:I think if she has spent 5 years as tier 1 dependent with u then yes she can...

Thanks

Regards

Faisal
Thanks for reply
Yes she is my dependent since 2009 when i was on PSW...I need very definitive information as my ILR on Long residency is in process and once i have got my visa then she have to wait for more 5 years, which i do not want..
Regards
Faisal

tempusfugit
Newly Registered

Post by tempusfugit » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:17 pm

shahjee1234 wrote: Hi tempusfugit,
I would agree with rehan01 that you apply for any other visa and kill the time till you reach your qualifying time for SET(LR) application, and once there just vary the grounds of your application and apply SET(LR).
I think you could do it your self easily, no need for a lawyer frankly, but obviously the choice is yours. All the best mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Thanks for the advice and encouraging words, Shahjee.
I will probably go down the route that's been suggested. It seems like the only option at this point.

Thanks again, all, and all the best to everyone who's in the ILR application process.
:)

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:24 pm

As per my understanding the clock is gone back to zero for the time spent in uk as your dependant and she will have to apply for dependant of settled person and will be eligible for ILR after 5 years.

I am in same boat as your and as per my understanding we have no choice apart from keep paying HO application fees and English language test fees.

regards

faisaltanoli wrote:
KashRIz wrote:I think if she has spent 5 years as tier 1 dependent with u then yes she can...

Thanks

Regards

Faisal
Thanks for reply
Yes she is my dependent since 2009 when i was on PSW...I need very definitive information as my ILR on Long residency is in process and once i have got my visa then she have to wait for more 5 years, which i do not want..
Regards
Faisal

oocha
Newly Registered

Post by oocha » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:13 am

Thanks

Regards

Faisal
Hi Faisal, You have already applied the visa and it will be difficult process to withdraw the application and keep pending for one more year. Yes, your wife could get the ILR with you if you had applied on 5 years basis. The rule is only changed for those dependants who's partner has switched to long residency. I will suggest you to don't put your own status at risk because as long as your status is good, your wife can stay with you. If you have any UK born children, they are eligible for Citizenship as soon you get your ILR.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:34 am

oocha wrote:

Thanks

Regards

Faisal
Hi Faisal, You have already applied the visa and it will be difficult process to withdraw the application and keep pending for one more year. Yes, your wife could get the ILR with you if you had applied on 5 years basis. The rule is only changed for those dependants who's partner has switched to long residency. I will suggest you to don't put your own status at risk because as long as your status is good, your wife can stay with you. If you have any UK born children, they are eligible for Citizenship as soon you get your ILR.
Hello Faisal, I completely agree with oocha. There is no point for you to withdraw your LR ILR application. It will complicate things.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#