ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant maintenance requirement

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ceobot

Dependant maintenance requirement

Post by ceobot » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:05 pm

Hello Guys,

I've just received my Tier 1 (Entrepreneur £50) visa. Many thanks to everybody, this forum was really helpful for me.
Now my wife, who is currently on Tier 4 visa want to switch as my dependant.
I carefully read the dependant policy guidance and didn't find any information regarding the fact that money should be held in the bank account for 90 consecutive days.
However from this link https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/family-members it is clear that they must be help for 90 days at least.

I am worried about this because I will not be able to show the proof of money, because it seems I can't use £50K funds for this purpose, and we didn't maintain another amount for 90 days. So we have to wait another 90 days which is very annoying.

Or she just need to show £600*3 and that's it ?

Many thanks for your help.

entrepreneur123

Re: Dependant maintenance requirement

Post by entrepreneur123 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:12 pm

yes she can switch with in uk but you need to show statement for £630(new requirement from july 14) each dependent for 90 days.

ceobot wrote:Hello Guys,

I've just received my Tier 1 (Entrepreneur £50) visa. Many thanks to everybody, this forum was really helpful for me.
Now my wife, who is currently on Tier 4 visa want to switch as my dependant.
I carefully read the dependant policy guidance and didn't find any information regarding the fact that money should be held in the bank account for 90 consecutive days.
However from this link https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/family-members it is clear that they must be help for 90 days at least.

I am worried about this because I will not be able to show the proof of money, because it seems I can't use £50K funds for this purpose, and we didn't maintain another amount for 90 days. So we have to wait another 90 days which is very annoying.

Or she just need to show £600*3 and that's it ?

Many thanks for your help.

ceobot

Post by ceobot » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:16 pm

Thanks for reply.
I had the required amount in my personal account for the consecutive 90 days.
The only thing I am thinking about right now is that this amount (50K) was used to show my intention to make an investment.
can I show this money as a maintenance fee for my dependant ?

SK16
Newly Registered

Post by SK16 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi Ceobot & Entrepreneur 123

Please can you all advise whether you are sending your passport and brp along with the dependent's documents or whether you can send photocopies of the passport and the BRP.

Kind Regards