ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 Years EEA Residence count.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ishjon

5 Years EEA Residence count.

Post by Ishjon » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:29 pm

Dear Friends

Just wanted to clarify my situation, i hold an EEA RC cos of my marriage to my wife. We got married in 2010, However before my marriage with my wife i had an EEA RC which was issued on grounds of my durable relationship with my ex-girlfriend (not my current wife). I was seeing my current wife for some time while still with my ex with whom i was in a durable relation. Finally i have decided to end my affair and tell my ex-girlfriend that i was cheating and that i want to be with her, following which we have split up and me and my wife went to her country and got married and came to the UK, on the port i have informed the immigration officer that the EEA Card i hold is issued on the basis of my previous relation and they have advised me reapply for EEA2 which i did and was granted another EEA2. My question is my First EEA2 was issued in 2009, can i apply for PR by combining two different EEA2 and exercising treaty rights in 2014 or do i have to wait until 5th anniversary of my marriage to my wife before becoming eligible for PR?

Thanks a lot

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: 5 Years EEA Residence count.

Post by Jambo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:18 pm

Will your ex support your application by providing you her passport and evidence of treaty rights (payslips for example)?
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

Ishjon

Post by Ishjon » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:17 pm

Thanks for your reply, i have some of payslips but not the passport as iam no longer in contact with her. Just prove of treaty rights is not enough to cover for that period, and am i allowed to combine one year of treaty right+4 years of other eu treaty right?

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:44 pm

With only some payslips and without a passport you will be stretching it. Wait another year.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:24 am

Jambo do you think he can apply like that? I am confused. I haven't heard anyone who application successfully this way.

Do you know any CASE law or UKBA caseworker guidance on this?
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

tyoosuf
Newly Registered

Post by tyoosuf » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:54 am

Please I will like to know if we need to take Life in UK test before submitting EEA4 application?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:58 am

tyoosuf wrote:Please I will like to know if we need to take Life in UK test before submitting EEA4 application?
no

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:10 am

askmeplz82 wrote:Jambo do you think he can apply like that? I am confused. I haven't heard anyone who application successfully this way.

Do you know any CASE law or UKBA caseworker guidance on this?
Not really but this is not a case you see everyday. In any case without the support of his ex (unlikely under the circumstances) I don't see much point of even trying.

tyoosuf
Newly Registered

Post by tyoosuf » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:05 am

Please guys, advise me.I applied for permanent Residence Card and I got issued another 5 years without any explanation why?
They only state same text like before when I got my 5 yrs Residence card,which basically that I am issued this because I am a family member and if she cease to exercise her treaty right or leave the UK or divorce/death,I need to report and will need to apply on my own right.
I am currently separated for over 1 and half years now,I got all support from my wife and letter from her as well as all documents I need and proof of 5 years residency.
Am confused now,because this really strange because when I got my certificate of application,they state permanent residence card will be processed.
Please any one with advise and what I should.
Thank you.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:44 am

don't post everywhere. ONE POST please tyoosuf

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:31 am

tyoosuf wrote:Please guys, advise me.I applied for permanent Residence Card and I got issued another 5 years without any explanation why?
They only state same text like before when I got my 5 yrs Residence card,which basically that I am issued this because I am a family member and if she cease to exercise her treaty right or leave the UK or divorce/death,I need to report and will need to apply on my own right.
I am currently separated for over 1 and half years now,I got all support from my wife and letter from her as well as all documents I need and proof of 5 years residency.
Am confused now,because this really strange because when I got my certificate of application,they state permanent residence card will be processed.
Please any one with advise and what I should.
Thank you.
did you call home office and ask them why you been granted another 5 years card ,as you applied for PR.

IF YES what they replied t you and if not why you don't call HO and ask them ?
its only a matter of call
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ishjon

Post by Ishjon » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:08 pm

Thanks Jumbo for reply. Just wanted to share with you that i have seen a solicitor who said i can even straight apply for citizenship if i can get prove of ex girlfriends exercizing treaty right and no need for original passport as HO has already seen the original, however i have got in touch with my ex and she ordered a employment history letter that shows all of her employment for the period we was together, one question, there is a 5 month gap when she left the job and went back to her country to look after her ill mother will that period does not count as excersizing treaty right? And is the claim of the solicitor that i can straight apply for naturalisation in may 2015 as i was issued my first RC in june 2009 makes sense?
Thanks alot