ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Process for Change of Sponsor application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Wh0ru
Newly Registered
India

Process for Change of Sponsor application

Post by Wh0ru » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:38 pm

Hi Guys,

Recently I have been offered a new position with higher pay and better environment by a new company. Here's my current situation,

Current Visa: Tier 2 (General), job was on Shortage Occupation List
New Role: Is on Shortage Occupation List (I think same Job Code 2136)

So my questions are,
1) What new company have to do? They have Sponsorship Licence.
2) What I have to do after and during 1)? Resign/Notice Period and till what time I can work with current employer and at what point I can start working with new employer
3) This is my first job change after moving to UK. So do I need to apply for what people call Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)? How long it takes?

Thanks

onlooker

Re: Process for Change of Sponsor application

Post by onlooker » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:16 am

1 are 2 answered in UKBA official Tier 2 guidance, make sure to check both sponsor and migrant versions. 3 - yes, you will be issued a BRP. It takes from a few days to a few weeks to arrive, but I believe you can start working before that if the CoS allows.

Wh0ru
Newly Registered
India

Post by Wh0ru » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi Guys,

So I have been allotted a CoS by my new Sponsor. Also they have decided to go for Priority Service. Correct me if I am wrong with the process needs to be followed,

1) Apply for 'A Grant of Leave and Biometric Residence Permit Under Tier 2 Priority'
1.a) Downloaded a 65 page form and filled necessary data (this is only Visa part If I am not wrong)
1.b) Where is the BRP part and how to do it?
2) I get the approval from UKBA (now UKIP) & Resign for current Job (serve notice period)
3) Join the new Company ASAP.

onlooker

Post by onlooker » Sat May 03, 2014 8:19 pm

The BRP is just a standalone replacement for a vignette that you get in your passport when applying out of country. It does not need a special mention.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun May 04, 2014 9:09 am

Wh0ru wrote:Hi Guys,

So I have been allotted a CoS by my new Sponsor. Also they have decided to go for Priority Service. Correct me if I am wrong with the process needs to be followed,

1) Apply for 'A Grant of Leave and Biometric Residence Permit Under Tier 2 Priority'

1.a) Downloaded a 65 page form and filled necessary data (this is only Visa part If I am not wrong)
the form is only 43 pages, see:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf

1.b) Where is the BRP part and how to do it?
see p2

2) I get the approval from UKBA (now UKIP??) & Resign for current Job
it is important to do it in that order
(serve notice period)
this may require negotiation with the old company if the work start date in the new CoS doesn't allow you to serve the full contractual notice period

3) Join the new Company ASAP.
you can only join the new company from the work start date given in the CoS. You are allowed to continue working for the old company until that date but not beyond.