ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO applications worth it?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bibabibab
Newly Registered

PEO applications worth it?

Post by Bibabibab » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:50 pm

Hi. I am about to make my first application for a Tier 2 - General visa, switching from Tier 4. My current leave expires at the end of May.

I am having difficulty deciding whether to apply by post or through the premium service. Is the extra £400 pounds worth it?

I suppose my question is, do people usually face a lot of problems through the postal route when applying for Tier 2, which could be solved by applying face to face and benefiting from the ability to answer questions and explain documents?

Also in relation to the timing, the Home Office has stated that decisions will be made within 3 weeks. Is this an accurate timeframe for postal applications?

The Tier 2 application seems pretty straight forward. The only document I need to provide is my Academic Transcript. My sponsor has certified maintenance, so nothing needed. It almost feels like a waste of money to apply in person. Any thoughts from those with experience?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: PEO applications worth it?

Post by iworker » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:12 am

PEO does not mean face to face.
the caseworker may ask you for some clarification if in doubt, but in most cases, there is no interaction between the caseworker and applicant.
Depends when you are starting work. If visa is stopping u from working full time, i would apply PEO as that will let me get on wage wagon quicker. If thats not the case, i'd personally go with postal.

onlooker

Re: PEO applications worth it?

Post by onlooker » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:28 am

I always go for PEO for safety. I will know immediately if there is any issue with the application and will have more time to correct it.